Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Highboy

Dorial Trade

15 posts in this topic

Love the trade. Dorial has been a tool before getting drafted but with this team desperate for legit blue chip talent at WR, to land one for nothing more than a subpar backup lineman is a steal.

4 people like this

I said earlier I literally thought this was a joke when somebody told me.

Cannot believe anybody traded anything for Dennis Kelly, let alone a potential impact WR.

4 people like this

1 hour ago, KOJO said:

I said earlier I literally thought this was a joke when somebody told me.

Cannot believe anybody traded anything for Dennis Kelly, let alone a potential impact WR.

I'm with you. It's highway robbery even if it doesn't work out.

HOWIE (aka: the swindler)

highway-robbery1.jpg

3 people like this

How has DGB looked?  How much playing time will he get on Thursday?  Are we not going to be told during the radio silence period of the preseason?!?!?!?

Let's see if he's man enough to be embarrassed by the trade and man up before we declare victory. Titans wouldn't have let this talent walk without good reason unless Chip was their coach. 

Does Dave even respond to anyone in here anymore?

1 person likes this

Okay, Okay, got to admit it. This this takes the edge off all the Wentz deals...a little. We'll see when he learns the playbook, BTW...anyone see Reuben Randall lately.

On August 16, 2016 at 5:47 PM, Highboy said:

Love the trade. Dorial has been a tool before getting drafted but with this team desperate for legit blue chip talent at WR, to land one for nothing more than a subpar backup lineman is a steal.

DGB kept his nose clean during his rookie year! And the Titans gave up on him prematurely, just like some fans want the Eagles to do with Nelson!

But a steal, isn't the word! Howie used the hashtag #novaseline LOL

1 person likes this

Dorial was targeted ONE time in the game vs Atlanta. He is literally a non-factor in any game up to this point. He has a few crucial drops and ONE TD. I don't think the Eagles got a steal at all. He is either a few French fries short of a happy meal or he simply doesn't care. Either way, that's called not for long is this league.

Whether he improves, or what we see is what we get, I still like the trade. For Dennis Kelly, it was worth taking the gamble.

1 person likes this

Thing is at this point... And I'm sure we will be hearing this a lot over the coming weeks. Did we lose this trade? 

I mean given what we gave up its hard to think that we did but... Given the talent he has I just can't help but feel that in a way we did. I know we gave up next to nothing to get him, but he's offered nothing in the process.

And that's such a shame because this guy is a huge talent. He's got the physical tools to be a WR1 and dominant in this league... But he just doesn't have the mentality! 

13 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Thing is at this point... And I'm sure we will be hearing this a lot over the coming weeks. Did we lose this trade? 

I mean given what we gave up its hard to think that we did but... Given the talent he has I just can't help but feel that in a way we did. I know we gave up next to nothing to get him, but he's offered nothing in the process.

And that's such a shame because this guy is a huge talent. He's got the physical tools to be a WR1 and dominant in this league... But he just doesn't have the mentality! 

No. losing the trade was the only impossible outcome. A zero for a zero is a tie. That was, and remains, the worst the Eagles could do.

2 people like this

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

No. losing the trade was the only impossible outcome. A zero for a zero is a tie. That was and remains the worst the Eagles could do.

Exactly right, there was really no way the Eagles could lose this trade. At worst the gave up nothing for a WR that didn't pan out.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

No. losing the trade was the only impossible outcome. A zero for a zero is a tie. That was, and remains, the worst the Eagles could do.

Valid point... I'll take it for sure! I just figure we had a lot to gain from this trade (nothing to lose) and sadly it looks like we aren't going to gain a thing! And what's sad is that it's another talented player who's going to waste his ability because he can't get it in to his head that he needs to put the work in. 

1 person likes this

How about this quote from DGB: 

“It’s definitely frustrating,” Green-Beckham said. “You just gotta know: out on the field, I’m not a guy who’s going to be frustrated and on the sideline like, ‘Hey, throw the ball! Go through your reads!’ I’m not one of those type of guys. I’m patient. I’m just going to pull [Wentz] to the side and say, ‘Look, we see this, everybody is taking off, I’m coming under you.’ Little stuff like that. 

“I’m not a guy who’s going to get on his head because I understand he’s a young quarterback. And I’ve been with a young quarterback last year with Marcus (Mariota). I understand the thought process. And there might be some brain farts every now and then. But you know, that’s something we can get past.”

Can someone show him the video of him jogging to the endzone?  Or the dropped passes when he was targeted?