DAWKAMANIA06

The Linc is a great stadium, but here is my issue with it.

8 posts in this topic

I think the the Linc is a terrific stadium, the only issue I have is during time outs and TV breaks as well as half time, they have crap blaring on the boards at the end zones that are so loud that you can't even talk to anyone. The last game I went to it was so ridiculous my friend and I couldn't even talk to each other. It was like being in a club with blaring music where you had to scream at each other just to be able to speak. It's a real pain. And they don't let up, it's one thing after another until the game starts back up. If anyone else agrees with me please let me know because at least at the vet you could talk and BS during timeouts. It's ridiculous.

1 person likes this

I am a long time Eagles season ticket license holder and former communications engineer who sits in the South End zone (sec 111).

For some reason in the last two home games (Minn, Atl), the PA audio system has been “cranked up” beyond reasonable volume levels to an almost a deafening state.  This was a problem in the early years at the Linc, but was eventually adjusted to reasonable audio levels and has not been a problem in this decade.  Yet suddenly, the over amplification has returned to the point that it was so bad during the Minnesota game, the PA in the south end zone was frequently tripping automatic shutoffs (circuit breakers?) resulting in complete loss of the system (in that end zone) until the system was reset (but still at too high a level).  Numerous fans in my section, not to mention stadium staff have noticed the problem.  The PA was adjusted slightly for the Atlanta game (so as not to trip the shutoffs), but it was still way to loud.

To be clear (and in somewhat technical terms), I and referring to the overall amplification level of the final audio output to the Public Address speakers in this area of the stadium (not any individual component—voice, music, sound effects, etc.).  I would estimate that the gain is at least 10db higher than it has been in previous games and seasons. 

Can someone please pass this along to the PA audio engineer for Eagles games?  To reiterate, the level was fine prior to the Minnesota game and in recent past seasons.  Something has changed recently, and it is ruining the fan experience of these games.

Thank you very much.

-Elliot
Sec. 111, Row 35, Seats 17 & 18
(License holder since stadium opening in 2003)

54 minutes ago, elliotaf said:
I am a long time Eagles season ticket license holder and former communications engineer who sits in the South End zone (sec 111).

For some reason in the last two home games (Minn, Atl), the PA audio system has been “cranked up” beyond reasonable volume levels to an almost a deafening state.  This was a problem in the early years at the Linc, but was eventually adjusted to reasonable audio levels and has not been a problem in this decade.  Yet suddenly, the over amplification has returned to the point that it was so bad during the Minnesota game, the PA in the south end zone was frequently tripping automatic shutoffs (circuit breakers?) resulting in complete loss of the system (in that end zone) until the system was reset (but still at too high a level).  Numerous fans in my section, not to mention stadium staff have noticed the problem.  The PA was adjusted slightly for the Atlanta game (so as not to trip the shutoffs), but it was still way to loud.

To be clear (and in somewhat technical terms), I and referring to the overall amplification level of the final audio output to the Public Address speakers in this area of the stadium (not any individual component—voice, music, sound effects, etc.).  I would estimate that the gain is at least 10db higher than it has been in previous games and seasons. 

Can someone please pass this along to the PA audio engineer for Eagles games?  To reiterate, the level was fine prior to the Minnesota game and in recent past seasons.  Something has changed recently, and it is ruining the fan experience of these games.

Thank you very much.

-Elliot
Sec. 111, Row 35, Seats 17 & 18
(License holder since stadium opening in 2003)

If I can find some way to pass this info along I will. I was at the Vikings Game and I agree with you...it was utterly ridiculous..so bad in fact that My girlfriend got a very bad headache because of it, she asked me..is it always this loud?? Not the crowd but the speakers. It dulled her experience a bit which was disappointing because it was her first game.It's nice to know I'm not the only one who has a problem with that.

I'm directly above 111 (I'm in 213) and agree there were real problems with the sound system vs the Falcons. But OUR problem was that we couldn't hear. It was all muffled garbage, precisely what I complained about in the preseason. Dave passed the info along to Don Smolenski and it was "fixed" for the first three regular season games, although I might agree that it was somewhat louder than it should be. But this week...bad.

To be honest, the sound system was faulty from day one back in 2003.

you're at a football game not at some library

On 11/21/2016 at 1:24 PM, GroundAttack said:

you're at a football game not at some library

What does being at a football game have to do with what we are talking about? If you like blaring noise that's so loud you can't hear yourself think then good for you. It's obviously a problem because it's been addressed already..twice. It is an issue. Noone wants to hear about acme advertisements during timeouts that are so loud you can't talk to the person next to you. It's ridiculous.  When you have someone in this post that has experience in that field complaining...it's a real issue. You wanna scream to your buddy next to you because they are blaring some garbage over the pa system then more power to you.

I was at the Steelers game and didn't notice the sound system being an issue. Oregon Steaks, right down the road, is a good steak place.