dannyb

Dave, I have a favor to ask...please

29 posts in this topic

Dave, I have a favor to ask of you...and I am adding a please...to my request...please post my request in the Eagles locker room for Malcolm Jenkins to read...

Jenkins is the one who does not understand the military colors ceremony that is part of the National Anthem...

Dear Malcolm,

Protest all you want but when colors are presented...if you are American...you respect the presentation...you stand at attention...you take your hat/helmet off...put your hand on your heart...stop talking to your buddies...stop blowing bubbles and spitting chewing tobacco...and sing along/mouth the words or stay silent...until the colors are retired...

then go ahead, protest all you want...but NOT during colors!!!

please Malcolm...do not disrespect the colors of the United States of America...thank you for your attention to this matter...

respectfully,

Daniel Stephen Boyer

USN Veteran

my request is based on the following article on ESPN:

http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/18474/eagles-players-not-in-lock-step-on-plans-for-national-anthem

4 people like this

Is there a procedure for having my name removed from the season ticket waiting list?

Don't forget to throw this bad boy up too:

On 9/17/2016 at 3:09 AM, dannyb said:

it is disappointing to say the very least...

what they are doing is disrespectful...unAmerican...really, I am loss for words as to the magnitude of my disappointment...

I will have no love for the players that protest...I hope they all (players protesting) break a leg and have career ending injuries...

or better yet, I hope they are struck by lightening and die!!!

if one Eagles protests, I will turn the game off...

any person who disrespects their flag...their anthem...should have their citizenship revoked and kicked out of the country immediately without delay!!!

You listen to Jenkins' quote and it is a mish-mash of gobbledygook that has zero substance and zero actual meaning.        He throws around words and phrases but ultimately says absolutely nothing.       These are people making a ridiculous amount of money for playing a game (for which I don't begrudge them a single bit) and live in a world most people only dream about carrying on about some sort of 'injustice' that they couldn't be further removed from.      

Want to show you care?         When the cameras are off, spend your time and money in the inner cities trying to actually make a difference in real peoples' lives instead of some contrived made-for-TV 'demonstration' to draw attention to yourselves and solve nothing.

The reality is that if the NFL had even the slightest amount of balls, they would tell these nitwits that while they are in uniform and in a stadium they are employees, and like any employee at any job, there will be no public protest drawing attention away from the only thing that matters to the NFL, which is selling the product.

5 people like this

2 hours ago, mjkvol said:

The reality is that if the NFL had even the slightest amount of balls, they would tell these nitwits that while they are in uniform and in a stadium they are employees, and like any employee at any job, there will be no public protest drawing attention away from the only thing that matters to the NFL, which is selling the product.

The NFL is simply an extension of the fourth estate, & we all know where their loyalties lay.

1 person likes this

I am forever amazed by the failure of reasonably intelligent people to understand what "freedom" means.

28 minutes ago, Runtherock said:

I am forever amazed by the failure of reasonably intelligent people to understand what "freedom" means.

Which 'freedom' are you speaking of?

7 hours ago, Runtherock said:

People have the freedom to spit on the flag, others have the freedom to be outraged about it. No sure what you are amazed about.

3 hours ago, greend said:

People have the freedom to spit on the flag, others have the freedom to be outraged about it. No sure what you are amazed about.

And Employers have the freedom to fire their employees for doing so, or condone it, thus giving them the 'freedom' to do it.

4 people like this

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

And Employers have the freedom to fire their employees for doing so, or condone it, thus giving them the 'freedom' to do it.

Agree

20 hours ago, Quiet Boy said:

Don't forget to throw this bad boy up too:

that was a prayer, the bible says we are supposed to pray for our enemies!!!

now, that is some sarcasm...for the record...

but an example of an interpretation of the bible, that one could take...just as some morons think its that their interpretation of their God given rights is to protest during the National Anthem...

I pray someone takes a big nasty dump on your grand parents grave (more sarcasm, for the record of course)

1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, dannyb said:

that was a prayer, the bible says we are supposed to pray for our enemies!!!

now, that is some sarcasm...for the record...

but an example of an interpretation of the bible, that one could take...just as some morons think its that their interpretation of their God given rights is to protest during the National Anthem...

I pray someone takes a big nasty dump on your grand parents grave (more sarcasm, for the record of course)

Real classy American right here.

I bet Dave filed this  in his shredder right behind the Jeff Lurie letter

If they made a demonstration to bring awareness to the fact that cops are 18.5 times more likely to be shot and killed by black civilians than black civilians are to be killed by police, or that the 15% black community is responsible for nearly 60% of violent crime in America, I might get behind it. 

3 people like this

So, their 'demonstration' and 'protest' was to lift the Black Panthers salute to the sky? What if some of the players were to 'demonstrate' and 'protest' by wearing a white hood or lifting the Hitler salute? :nonono: 

I'm just glad that the majority of the team was smart enough to reject that garbage and I hope they straighten out the fools that partook.

2 people like this

6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So, their 'demonstration' and 'protest' was to lift the Black Panthers salute to the sky? What if some of the players were to 'demonstrate' and 'protest' by wearing a white hood or lifting the Hitler salute? :nonono: 

I'm just glad that the majority of the team was smart enough to reject that garbage and I hope they straighten out the fools that partook.

I liked that Jason Peters stood like a man and put his hand on his heart...that is a true team leader right there!!!

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Highboy said:

If they made a demonstration to bring awareness to the fact that cops are 18.5 times more likely to be shot and killed by black civilians than black civilians are to be killed by police, or that the 15% black community is responsible for nearly 60% of violent crime in America, I might get behind it. 

Facts are not the friend of rabble rousing activists whose only goal is to stir up the uneducated masses to support their political aims.           These players are such obvious pawns, allowing themselves to be used by a group of people whose interests do not and never will include 'improving' anything, but gaining more power and controlling the behavior of ignorant people by creating an 'enemy' that really doesn't exist.

5 hours ago, SamoanEagle said:

I wish the media would just ignore it then there is nothing to worry about.

No offense, but where the hell have you been for the last 30 years?         Why would the media ignore it when this is what they do?       This is all they do.

The American media is not about reporting actual news, or serving the interests of the public, and hasn't been for many, many years.         The media is about generating clicks, selling papers and subscriptions, and getting viewers, and today that is done by sensationalizing every story and taking hot button issues like this one and blowing them up trying to create a national firestorm.

Check out any sports website (CBS Sports, ESPN, etc.) and you'll see breathless 'reporting' of this anthem idiocy all day long, as if the public is 100% in support of these fools.      But check the comments section of any article and you see a much different story.          People are pissed off, but the media goal of generating clicks was successful based on the amount of comments. 

And to the 'organizers' behind this whole movement, any attention is good because it rouses the ignorant to action.       And having public figures like these jacka$$ players involved is a cost free bonus. 

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I think these protests are based on a media driven lie, but to be fair, those weren't Black Panther fists. It turned out not to be that big of a deal. Totally disagree with it, just saying.

3 hours ago, Highboy said:

I think these protests are based on a media driven lie, but to be fair, those weren't Black Panther fists. It turned out not to be that big of a deal. Totally disagree with it, just saying.

This whole thing is a BLM protest and they're using the raised fist of the 'Black Power' movement.

If it was a Neo-N@zi protest and people were using the salute of N@zi Germany, it'd be the same thing just on a different foot.

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

This whole thing is a BLM protest and they're using the raised fist of the 'Black Power' movement.

If it was a Neo-N@zi protest and people were using the salute of N@zi Germany, it'd be the same thing just on a different foot.

I hear you I'm just saying that isn't a Black Power fist. The BP fist is different.

Just now, Highboy said:

I hear you I'm just saying that isn't a Black Power fist. The BP fist is different.

Never mind, I'm wrong,  I thought the black power fist was a different gesture but it's not. F that's disappointing

1 person likes this

Just now, Highboy said:

Never mind, I'm wrong,  I thought the black power fist was a different gesture but it's not. F that's disappointing

Yes, it is. If they'd linked arms with one another, that would be much more acceptable. They'd be expressing their views in a way of showing unity with one another, even if it was only three of them.

2 people like this