Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigg22

Coming from Canada for my 1st Eagles Game!

3 posts in this topic

Heading dwon from Winnipeg with my son for our 1st Eagles game in Movember vs the Falcons. Any suggestion for before the game, where should I take him? What is a great area to join a tailgate? Can I pay to join someones tailgate? My son is 11 and is almost more excited about seeing some tailgating then he is at going into the actual game.

How long are in Philly?  I took the family to 2 games, from PEI, Canada.  We had a great time.  Check out the Franklin Institute, great science center.  If you are staying in the city center, getting around is easy.  Very walkable city, we wandered around for hours.  Liberty Bell, City Hall.  We took the ferry across to Camden to check out the aquarium.  We also did the stadium tour (only $10 per person).  Do it on friday before the game (if you can) you get into the locker room, closer to gameday it gets restricted. If you do the stadium tour you get 10% off  in the pro shop.  Also, they sell pins on gameday for that game, neat collectible.  Also, take your son to client services to receive a commemorative button and certificate for his first eagles game, nice little touch for the first timer.  Fans are great with kids, high fives on big plays etc.  

Tailgating, we didn't do much ourselves, but there is a couple groups that charge $40 to enter their tailgate parties and have all you can eat and drink buffet's plus live music.  We just wandered the lots to check out the crowds and then headed into the stadium, 

http://phillytailgates.com/

http://www.greenlegion.com/

This might be silly but if you flying try to get your seats on the right side of the plane.  You fly by the stadiums and it is really cool...I got pretty excited on my first time flying there.

Have a great trip!  

#FlyEaglesFly

1 person likes this

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 3:30 PM, bigg22 said:

Any suggestion for before the game, where should I take him?

Disney World would be a nice side trip...