Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CuseBo

Back from the Linc

9 posts in this topic

Attended my first game at the Linc yesterday.  Really cool game day atmosphere, the Xfinity Live venue was fun, and met some really cool people tailgating and in my section.  

Did the stadium tour on Saturday, and for $10, thought it was really good value for the money.  Nothing earth shattering, but they do a pretty good job with it.  Definitely recommend it to people attending their first game.

On to the game.  Can't give it up enough to the Eagles D.  After being absolutely gashed last week, they played lights out.  Kudos to Schwarz for a great game plan.  Special Teams deserves mention obviously as well.  They both won the game yesterday.  The offense obviously struggled, but that was pretty much expected against the Vikings D.  I get that they had to play it pretty close to the vest against them, I just hope that Pederson opens things up moving forward.  After taking shots down field the first few weeks, it seems like we're content with the dink and dunk offense--if they keep winning, so be it, but hopefully they can find a mixture of both.  That said, our WR's and TE's still dropping too many passes and don't seem to be getting separation.  Definitely hope we find a guy to stretch the D in the off season.

Awesome weekend, definitely plan on making at least one game a year.  My only complaint is the Philadelphia traffic---absolutely horrible.  Coming from Syracuse, obviously don't see anything like that.  #flyeaglesfly

1 person likes this

On the topic of the stadium expiernece I hope one day they finally offer some decent food options.  Worst food of any professional sports arena.

5 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

On the topic of the stadium expiernece I hope one day they finally offer some decent food options.  Worst food of any professional sports arena.

It's definitely not gourmet, but this is not true, by a mile. I was down at Fed Ex field the week before and that was really bad. And when I was at the Georgia Dome last year, I was equally unimpressed. 

The club level has really good options and I like that they at least have 2 or 3 new stands on the 100 level every year. I do wish they would have more food trucks in Headhouse. It's usually just Prime Stach and Fry Guys (which now has a stand inside.) A hidden gem is the Asiago Cheese Meatball Sandwich at the Market Street Deli behind section 109. And the chicken waffle fries at Wing Zone (114) are new this year and delicious. 

4 minutes ago, the noid said:

It's definitely not gourmet, but this is not true, by a mile. I was down at Fed Ex field the week before and that was really bad. And when I was at the Georgia Dome last year, I was equally unimpressed. 

The club level has really good options and I like that they at least have 2 or 3 new stands on the 100 level every year. I do wish they would have more food trucks in Headhouse. It's usually just Prime Stach and Fry Guys (which now has a stand inside.) A hidden gem is the Asiago Cheese Meatball Sandwich at the Market Street Deli behind section 109. And the chicken waffle fries at Wing Zone (114) are new this year and delicious. delicious

They are neglecting the 200 level then.  All that is available up there is crappy hot dogs, chicken fingers, and crab fries.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

They are neglecting the 200 level then.  All that is available up there is crappy hot dogs, chicken fingers, and crab fries.

Spot on. I was in section 201 yesterday and that's pretty much all they had. They did have one cheesesteak stand and a little stand selling merchandise. 

Buy cheap seats, get cheap food options.  Buy Club Level seats, gets high quality/higher priced food options.

How many budget minded upper level seat sitters are going into the concourse looking for Asiago Cheese Meatball Sammiches?  My guess is not many.  

There's a difference between no options and not convenient options. If you were in 201, the escalator down and walk to 109 or 134 (where Quick and Carmichael's BBQ is) would be less than if they had other options on the 200 level that you had to walk to the opposite side of the stadium for. And a few years ago, you wouldn't even have been able to walk to the other side up there, before they connected the west, south and east parts of the upper level. The north part is still isolated (and you really have limited options there, if you're not walk down to the lower level. They sometimes run out of some food items up there, before the 4th quarter.) 

If you're just looking to grab something quick during the game, yes, your options are going to be limited to a not great selection.

In Atlanta, you can't even get to the lower level food options unless you have lower level tickets. So upper level there means no premium options like the club/suite levels AND no access to decent options from the lower level. At least The Linc doesn't shut you out, and has the Headhouse Plaza food options you can take to your seat (Atlanta's version is outside the stadium gates and Washington has no food options in their version.) 

On 10/25/2016 at 1:46 AM, Captain F said:

Buy cheap seats, get cheap food options.  Buy Club Level seats, gets high quality/higher priced food options.

How many budget minded upper level seat sitters are going into the concourse looking for Asiago Cheese Meatball Sammiches?  My guess is not many.  

Sorry for not wanting to shell out $500 for a game

On 10/25/2016 at 1:46 AM, Captain F said:

My seats weren't cheap. I was in row 1 in 201. which in my opinion are the best seats in the house if you want to watch the game . We had a parking pass in lot j which is valet and we took an elevator right to the 200 level. As far as the options up there, you're right. But I was smart and ate before I went in the stadium. THE only thing I bought was a hat for my daughter at the little merchandise stand they had up there. But I would recommend those seats to anyone. Best view in the place.

2 people like this