Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ManCave001

Parking was a MESS on Sunday 10-23

4 posts in this topic

Went to tailgate Sunday 10-23.  Got near the stadiums by about 9:45.   We were stuck in traffic for 45 minutes.  The police had the entire area completely screwed up.  One of the problems was that lots were listed as full on 11th street, or for passes only.  This caused a total nightmare with traffic wrapping around to get to Broad.  We ended up turning around parking in the Citizens lot, as we were going to Xfinity later anyway.   

Time and time again I have seen the police and stadium staff totally mismanage parking.  Wing Bowl became a Drunk Driving Fest because they wouldn't let people in before 4:00.  When you are charging $40 to park, you damn well better have a good plan for traffic flow.  There were spots everywhere, yet many lots said "full."   Ridiculous.  

Why am I not surprised? I'm so glad I gave up driving to the games about fifteen years ago. Taking public transportation is so much more convenient.

I haven't had issues getting in or out.  I notice many drivers don't use all of the available lanes while driving.  I take advantage of that and people normally follow.

On 10/25/2016 at 11:20 AM, ManCave001 said:

Went to tailgate Sunday 10-23.  Got near the stadiums by about 9:45.   We were stuck in traffic for 45 minutes.  The police had the entire area completely screwed up.  One of the problems was that lots were listed as full on 11th street, or for passes only.  This caused a total nightmare with traffic wrapping around to get to Broad.  We ended up turning around parking in the Citizens lot, as we were going to Xfinity later anyway.   

Time and time again I have seen the police and stadium staff totally mismanage parking.  Wing Bowl became a Drunk Driving Fest because they wouldn't let people in before 4:00.  When you are charging $40 to park, you damn well better have a good plan for traffic flow.  There were spots everywhere, yet many lots said "full."   Ridiculous.  

Tell me about it. I had a parking pass in lot J which is across the street from the Wells Fargo Center. I got on Pattison Avenue at 11:35 and by the time I got to lot J and they parked our car..It was 1:10. We missed the first 5 minutes of the game. Ridiculous.