Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
james1345

A Team That Lacks Discipline

17 posts in this topic

Hey Dave,

He lacks discipline, nobody is even responding to his coaching. It's the same old mistakes over, and over, and over again. We need to hire someone that the players will actually respect. If I'm Jeffrey Lurie, I would hire Tom Couglin, Bill Cowher, or even John Gruden. The fans deserve a lot better than this, Dave.

Thanks

Maybe one of those coaches will be inspired to come coach our young QB.  So far none of them want to get back into coaching.  I like Coach Pederson, but his inability to recognize the poor WR play and the lack of Pressuring opposing QB's is blaring and apparent.  Schwartz needs to make adjustments, for it is costing us games.  Not against Seattle, but most of our other losses were by less than a TD.  I'm not calling for Coaches job, but just don't lie to my face about what is going on, and what needs to get done.  We need to rush 5 guys once every series, not once a half.  Get those guys up in the box pre snap, ridiculous.

The troubling thing is that Doug is eager to criticize Wentz, but doesn't hold Agholor accountable.  Basically, starting Agholor is almost eliminating 1/3 of the field for Wentz to work with. If anybody deserves criticism, it's Doug for not making players earn starting positions.  Why are we trying to protect the scouts that recommended that we drafted Agholor in the first round under Chip? Shouldn't it be about fielding the best players?

Did anyone hear what Ike Reese said on the Post Game Show? He said that it's ridiculous for fans to want Agholor benched or cut. Lol.

1 minute ago, james1345 said:

Did anyone hear what Ike Reese said on the Post Game Show? He said that it's ridiculous for fans to want Agholor benched or cut. Lol.

This seems to me about trying to hope he pans out to protect the scouting department from criticism for a failed 1st round pick.  Otherwise, it makes no sense whatsoever.

There are only 53 players on the team and most of them are average at best. Not the coaches' fault that most of the Eagles lack talent. Put Belichick at the helm and it's marginal improvements at best, Our WRs and RBs are crapola; we need to give Wentz something to work with, 

COnsidering the talent level on this team, Pederson ain't doing too badly, 

The F?

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, james1345 said:

Hey Dave,

He lacks discipline, nobody is even responding to his coaching. It's the same old mistakes over, and over, and over again. We need to hire someone that the players will actually respect. If I'm Jeffrey Lurie, I would hire Tom Couglin, Bill Cowher, or even John Gruden. The fans deserve a lot better than this, Dave.

Thanks

:facepalm:

2 people like this

I'm not the president of the Doug Pederson fan club, but I'm not calling for him to get fired yet.

Also, your replacement choices are terrible. Coughlin is too old to start over. Cowher doesn't want to coach anymore, and Gruden is severely over rated.

It really amazes me how losing to a team, in their place, where they hardly ever lose, and they are more talented than us makes firing the coach seem like a good idea.

Fire Pederson? No. He only has so much to work with and it's not nearly enough to be consistently successful. Fire him when he can't get it done with the best roster in the NFL. 

Which brings us to the real issue, talent evaluation and acquisition. ALL eyes should be on Howie and co. from this point forward as to how well they evaluate and acquire talent. It's his show now, and he's got to be right early and often. He's got to separate the great players/prospects from the good and exclusively target them. It's not easy to do, but it is his profession and simply trying to do it won't be enough. He is required to accomplish it year in and year out. That's his job. We'll see how well he and his team in the F.O. actually do. I'm hopeful they get it done, but they're going to have to outperform established juggernauts like N.E., Pittsburgh, Seattle, Dallas, etc. by a wide margin, and that won't be easy.

Well, at least there's one thing for certain. There's no room for debate over the fact that this team absolutely needs to find 2 top shelf receivers over the next 2 years, along with a host of other position upgrades. Good luck finding them.

17 hours ago, james1345 said:

Hey Dave,

Thanks

Glad you are not Jeff Lurie. Jump off the bandwagon. Pederson has done an excellent job to date with the players that he has. This is a rebuilding year. Did you think the Eagles were Super Bowl bound?

20 hours ago, TheGodfather said:

He should give up the play calling duties

Why? Because out of 30-40 play calls during a game he made 2-5 bad calls? Every head coach in the NFL including Belachick make bad calls. It happens. He's a rookie head coach, with a rookie QB installing a new system, with depleted talent at WR and RB. The Offensive line is being reshuffled again this week. But hey, it's all Doug's fault.:nonono:

On 11/21/2016 at 1:23 PM, jsdarkstar said:

Glad you are not Jeff Lurie. Jump off the bandwagon. Pederson has done an excellent job to date with the players that he has. This is a rebuilding year. Did you think the Eagles were Super Bowl bound?

No, but I expect a head coach to hold his players accountable.

On 21/11/2016 at 0:46 AM, james1345 said:

Hey Dave,

Thanks

Nobody is responding to his coaching?

Wow lads we all need to shut up and listen to this guy. He's obviously an Eagles player who's in the dressing room and knows that Doug has lost the players! 

What a load of flipping rubbish!

Gruden or Coughlin? I mean really? So Gruden can gush about Wentz non stop? And because Coughlin had built such a strong team when he left NY? 

1 person likes this