Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Old Eagle Fan

Scheme or desire

15 posts in this topic

When the D moved back to a 4/3 we all heard the hype that Cox, Curry, Barwin, etc would all create havoc on offenses with their relentless pressure. Havent seen it yet. If one guy was off I would assume an untold injury or complacency. But you cant ell me that all of the guys above are not hustling and playing hard. So what is up with the DL scheme that has Cox getting handled one on one, Curry getting pushed to the outside of the pocket and Barwin unable to make any contact with the QB. Theres a lot of money tied up there and we as fans expect better than what we have seen so far.

Pederson's speech after the game suggests that he saw low effort. If the reports that he told his players they were auditioning for their jobs for the next six weeks are accurate, then Pederson wants more effort.

5 hours ago, Erie said:

Pederson's speech after the game suggests that he saw low effort. If the reports that he told his players they were auditioning for their jobs for the next six weeks are accurate, then Pederson wants more effort.

Did you listen to the press conference from Tuesday? He said "The thing is, how fast did Aaron Rodgers get the ball out of his hand?" "How are you gonna get to the quarterback when he gets it out of his hand so fast." Your thoughts?

I think the time for speeches is over. The rubber has met the road and we have come up wanting. Regardless of how clever a game plan the coaches have put together or how well we scouted the other team, it is all worthless if you don't execute. Right now we have several player deficiencies (to say the least) and until we get over blown assignments, dropped passes, failure to separate, an oline that performs well 3 out of 4 plays - then takes the 5th play off, half a secondary that thinks they're still in high school (and plays like it), bonehead penalties, and even bigger boneheaded suspensions...we're fudged! If this isn't cheery enough news, our remaining schedule is a cruise through Helltown with zebra like creatures that wouldn't give an eagle the benefit of the call, even if he had it on film. The bright side? Well the oline has performed in spurts even with all the shuffling. Solid play from the starting safeties and great special team play. Beyond that there are individual players who have excelled, but most are average at best, with a few playing like football confuses them. In any case, all the hopefulness of the first few games is gone and we are where we thought we'd be before the first game...in a rebuild.

My guess is about a fourth of this team won't be here next year. Everyone will be watching closely to see who will stay, who is on the bubble, and who has already seen there last season among us. That's not to say that the rest of the season won't be entertaining. A big win against NY or Dallas would go along way towards picking up the spirits around here. The best thing about all this is we not only found some core guys to move on with, we still have some of the young guns to tryout. Everyone is waiting on a full game from Turner, Treggs and Smallwood. Guys like Wentz and Cox bode well for the future. Yep, gonna be an interesting year.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 2:22 PM, Old Eagle Fan said:

When the D moved back to a 4/3 we all heard the hype that Cox, Curry, Barwin, etc would all create havoc on offenses with their relentless pressure. Havent seen it yet. If one guy was off I would assume an untold injury or complacency. But you cant ell me that all of the guys above are not hustling and playing hard. So what is up with the DL scheme that has Cox getting handled one on one, Curry getting pushed to the outside of the pocket and Barwin unable to make any contact with the QB. Theres a lot of money tied up there and we as fans expect better than what we have seen so far.

Really? I guess you didn't watch games against Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Atlanta.

21 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

Really? I guess you didn't watch games against Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Atlanta.

It's the inconsistency and, more importantly, the recent poor effort.  If you have the games recorded go back and watch Fletcher getting owned 1 on 1 more often and Barwin just unable to win his matchup.  Graham has been probably been the more consistent player up front but he is killing the defense with untimely penalties.  

They look like they've quit on Schwartz which wouldn't be the first time a team quit on him.

1 hour ago, VeeMak said:

They look like they've quit on Schwartz which wouldn't be the first time a team quit on him.

Not ready to make that absolute statement.

Look at the individual talent of the front 4 and the results aren't difficult to accept. They need to do more, but only 1 or them has the natural ability to make a big difference, and he hasn't of late. 

On 12/3/2016 at 10:50 AM, Erie said:

Not ready to make that absolute statement.

I am.  After 2 quarters and watching the defense lay down at the end of the first half and give up a TD, I have seen enough to absolutely confirm a defense that is tanking.  

And I wouldn't let Pedersen coach Pop Warner.  I would hate to permanently ruin the next generation of players that way.  He is a clown as a coach.  Nice guy but not a head coach.

3 people like this

2 hours ago, VeeMak said:

I am.  After 2 quarters and watching the defense lay down at the end of the first half and give up a TD, I have seen enough to absolutely confirm a defense that is tanking.  

And I wouldn't let Pedersen coach Pop Warner.  I would hate to permanently ruin the next generation of players that way.  He is a clown as a coach.  Nice guy but not a head coach.

yes but lets not forget he has "emotional intelligence", is willing to work collaboratively, and promised Jeffrey to "get along" with everyone

2 people like this

Just now, patpikunas said:

yes but lets not forget he has "emotional intelligence", is willing to work collaboratively, and promised Jeffrey to "get along" with everyone

What a bunch of crap!  This is a collaborative failure.  

Watching Wentz with his loopy mechanics and slow release only matches the loopy mechanics and slow synaptic release in Dougie's brain.  

This franchise is going backwards.

2 people like this

These dudes don't want to play. Period. They want the NFL check.

All summer we hear about how the team is going back to tackling, and building toughness through hard work and practices. Man, these dudes are weak physically, and mentally.

6 hours ago, seengreen said:

These dudes don't want to play. Period. They want the NFL check.

All summer we hear about how the team is going back to tackling, and building toughness through hard work and practices. Man, these dudes are weak physically, and mentally.

I tend to agree with you overall on the lack of physical play and, dare I say it, the LOVE of contact that many are missing.

This off season gives the Eagles a chance to bring in some players that are not only good but are not averse to contact. I expect them to do just that.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 9:29 AM, VeeMak said:

It's the inconsistency and, more importantly, the recent poor effort.  If you have the games recorded go back and watch Fletcher getting owned 1 on 1 more often and Barwin just unable to win his matchup.  Graham has been probably been the more consistent player up front but he is killing the defense with untimely penalties.  

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This, times 100

I'm totally disgusted at the fact that Fletcher Cox is not giving full effort.