EagleJoe8

NFC Wildcard. Giants @ Packers.

923 posts in this topic

1-8-2017.

4:40 PM EST.

FOX.

Giants have won their last 2 postseason trips to Lambeau Field.

Packers enter as the hottest team in the NFC, running the regular season table since a midseason 4 game losing streak.

I foresee Eli's Durp face to start in 2nd Q and stay until the end when they get smoked . Also predict OBJ comes out of the closet and gets all TO thats my QB emo  about it 

Eli is one hard-to-watch guy; win or loose. I think when the fun personalities were handed out, I think he was missing in line. Good guy really, just...

I could be wrong but I think this will be the most exciting game to watch during Wild Card round.

I kind of think the Packers take this one, which kind of disappoints  because the Giants have the better chance of beating Dallas in Texas. 

2 people like this

2 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

I foresee Eli's Durp face to start in 2nd Q and stay until the end when they get smoked . Also predict OBJ comes out of the closet and gets all TO thats my QB emo  about it 

The award for most homophobic member of the EMB goes to....Jon from crapsville Pennsylvania for his ongoing concerns with OBJs sexuality. Congrats! 

55 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

The award for most homophobic member of the EMB goes to....Jon from crapsville Pennsylvania for his ongoing concerns with OBJs sexuality. Congrats! 

nothing homophobic about the truth .... also there was no bashing or hate .  Did it hurt your lil feelings ?

NY Giants Cornerbacks tend to get underrated by many, so Aaron Rodgers might have a harder time against them than most expect.  I think this game will come down to how good or bad Eli plays (because he played bad last week and most of the season really).

Giants receivers should be doing nothing but catching balls this week but instead are catching rays in Miami with Justin Bieber....

Think that would fly with someone like Coughlin?

Still not fan of McAdoo as HC.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, The_Talon said:

I kind of think the Packers take this one, which kind of disappoints  because the Giants have the better chance of beating Dallas in Texas. 

I would welcome the Giants coming to AT&T Stadium over the Packers with Rodgers, by a mile. I am sure every Dallas player would also.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

Giants receivers should be doing nothing but catching balls this week but instead are catching rays in Miami with Justin Bieber....

Think that would fly with someone like Coughlin?

Still not fan of McAdoo as HC.

Man, you and some of the other Giants fans are pretty down on this team. You guys thought they would go 0-4 to close out the season, you give them "very little" chance to win Sunday and now you're busting on 24 year olds that enjoyed themselves on a day off. Lighten up. I know I partied hard on my days off last week and still had to make it into work this morning, why can't they have a little fun? If it affects the way they practice or play on Sunday then it's open season to bash them. But I'm willing to bet OBJ, Shep and the rest bring it on Sunday. The only thing I'm questioning is why hang with Bieber. They could have done better. 

Coughlin was a perceived hard arse, but there was definitely some things that went down during his tenure. 

2 hours ago, Mearns said:

I would welcome the Giants coming to AT&T Stadium over the Packers with Rodgers, by a mile. I am sure every Dallas player would also.

You sure about that? The Cowboys dominated the Packers earlier in the season and lost twice to the Giants. The only reason they would welcome the Giants is for the opportunity to avenge the two losses. From a football perspective the Giants are the worse matchup. 

This Packers team isn't the same one that the Giants and Cowboys beat earlier this season. They finally figured out what to do on offense. I like the Packers against the Giants to keep rolling on their hot streak, but I think either one could give the Cowboys a game in Dallas.

But I wonder if the Giants can get themselves prepared for a third time to beat the Cowboys? The Giants beat the Cowboys by 1 point and 3 points, so I don't think there's something inherently difficult about the match-up for the Cowboys.

40 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Man, you and some of the other Giants fans are pretty down on this team. You guys thought they would go 0-4 to close out the season, you give them "very little" chance to win Sunday and now you're busting on 24 year olds that enjoyed themselves on a day off. Lighten up. I know I partied hard on my days off last week and still had to make it into work this morning, why can't they have a little fun? If it affects the way they practice or play on Sunday then it's open season to bash them. But I'm willing to bet OBJ, Shep and the rest bring it on Sunday. The only thing I'm questioning is why hang with Bieber. They could have done better. 

Coughlin was a perceived hard arse, but there was definitely some things that went down during his tenure. 

The Giants have done this to me. Once long ago, I was, believe or not, an optimist.

I partied like a jack arse at clubs when I was their age too and would roll into work with about a half hour of sleep and still outperform everyone but I still didn't go on long trips when the most important day of my career was rapidly approaching.

Heading to Miami is bit much for me. Reminds me of when Romo was reaming out Jessica Simpson in Cabo before his first playoff game and then proceeded to have his worst game of the season.

Just rubs me the wrong way. The offseason is not too far away and the offseason goes on forever. They couldn't wait a week or 2 at the most!?

Also yeah..... Beiber?.. *sigh*.

56 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Speaking purely for myself, with three consecutive horrible seasons, and with this season having next to no offensive production whatsoever, I find it very hard to let my guard down and get overly excited, even though I'm thrilled beyond belief with the way the season has gone.

As for what they do on their days off, thats none of my business. I've never paid attention to what these guys do off the field. I dont give a damn really

Green Bay is in horrible shape on defense.  If Eli can stop wearing his a** as a hat he should be able to find guys running open all day.  I don't think GB has enough healthy defensive backs to cover Beckham, Cruz, and Shepard.

2 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

The Giants have done this to me. Once long ago, I was, believe or not, an optimist.

I partied like a jack arse at clubs when I was their age too and would roll into work with about a half hour of sleep and still outperform everyone but I still didn't go on long trips when the most important day of my career was rapidly approaching.

Heading to Miami is bit much for me. Reminds me of when Romo was reaming out Jessica Simpson in Cabo before his first playoff game and then proceeded to have his worst game of the season.

Just rubs me the wrong way. The offseason is not too far away and the offseason goes on forever. They couldn't wait a week or 2 at the most!?

Also yeah..... Beiber?.. *sigh*.

A trip to Miami seems like a big deal to us, but these guys don't travel the way we do. I'm pretty sure they jumped on a private jet, took a private car to the club or boat and stayed right at the Fontainebleau (that's where LIV is located). Jumped right back on the PJ the following day and were back at practice without skipping a beat. It's probably the equivalent of us driving down to AC for a few hours or spending the night in the city. 

2 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Speaking purely for myself, with three consecutive horrible seasons, and with this season having next to no offensive production whatsoever, I find it very hard to let my guard down and get overly excited, even though I'm thrilled beyond belief with the way the season has gone.

As for what they do on their days off, thats none of my business. I've never paid attention to what these guys do off the field. I dont give a damn really

I'm usually like that as well, but F it. I'm riding the wave of positive energy until is crashes. That could be as soon as this Sunday or not for a month. 

2 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

Green Bay is in horrible shape on defense.  If Eli can stop wearing his a** as a hat he should be able to find guys running open all day.  I don't think GB has enough healthy defensive backs to cover Beckham, Cruz, and Shepard.

What they do have is a good pass rush and a tough run defense, which masks some of their deficiencies in the secondary. But I agree, if playoff Eli shows up we'll be fine. If 2016 regular season Eli shows up we'll lose by two or more scores. 

I can see this going the way of those Giants! I hate to say it but I just can. Green Bay are hot right now but that Giants pass rush could be the one to get to him and slow them down. A lot though will come down to how this Giants offense plays... And with the play makers they have you've got to figure at some point they will get it together. 

I wanted Giants to make it to the playoffs because I thought they'd have a chance at beating Dallas. With the way Rodgers is playing I think he'd be able to create a lead and make Dallas have to play catch up

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I can see this going the way of those Giants! I hate to say it but I just can. Green Bay are hot right now but that Giants pass rush could be the one to get to him and slow them down. A lot though will come down to how this Giants offense plays... And with the play makers they have you've got to figure at some point they will get it together. 

They wont get to Aaron. He gets rid of the ball so fast.  I think the Giants are finally in for a big loss. The Pack should put up 28 which will be enough. The Eagles moved the ball very well in both games against the Giants. The Pack should have no problem

21 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

I wanted Giants to make it to the playoffs because I thought they'd have a chance at beating Dallas. With the way Rodgers is playing I think he'd be able to create a lead and make Dallas have to play catch up

Why would anyone want the Giants to win anything?  If they win a 5th bowl we may as well stop watching the Eagles. Dallas will lose to the Falcons.

22 minutes ago, donovanseagle said:

Why would anyone want the Giants to win anything?  If they win a 5th bowl we may as well stop watching the Eagles. Dallas will lose to the Falcons.

I hate Dallas more than Giants. I also know more Dallas fans that would brag than Giants fans

2 hours ago, donovanseagle said:

So now I have seen post on this board that we will lose to every team in the playoffs with the exception of the Lions.  I have no clue how we made it to 13-3 as bad as we seem to be.

5 hours ago, donovanseagle said:

They wont get to Aaron. He gets rid of the ball so fast.  I think the Giants are finally in for a big loss. The Pack should put up 28 which will be enough. The Eagles moved the ball very well in both games against the Giants. The Pack should have no problem

The Eagles had 286 total yards with 78 coming on the very first possession.  That's hardly moving the ball very well.  Aaron Rodgers got rid of the ball fast on the Eagles because the Eagles lack decent corners.  The Giants have corners that will force said QB to hold the ball a little longer.  

Pack should have no problem?  So you think ARod will just have his way?  You must haven't watched the Giants defense the last 10 weeks.  Since week 7 the Giants have the #1 defense in the NFL.  That includes going 6-2 in the second half of the season when many here thought they'll collapse.