EagleJoe8

NFC Wildcard. Giants @ Packers.

923 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Who was worse, Giants fans all season, or Eagles fans after the first 4 games? 

I'm not subtle at all. I think we're a few OL and some other spare parts away from a Super Bowl run. Unfortunately I think the Cowboys are equipped for it right now and the Birds are not far behind. 

Eagles fans always handle team success with the utmost class and modesty. Giants fans were far worse.

3 minutes ago, KzEaglefan86 said:

Eagles fans always handle team success with the utmost class and modesty. Giants fans were far worse.

Were you the one who randomly recommended Zaxbys awhile back?

I was down south last month and tried it as I was heading back home. Damn that's good ish. Probably made me gain  3 lbs but was so worth it.

7 minutes ago, KzEaglefan86 said:

This is true. Their unruly behavior in stadiums is also a fabrication. I was at the Thursday night game in Giants gear and only received one middle finger. I was actually disappointed. 

54 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

This is true. Their unruly behavior in stadiums is also a fabrication. I was at the Thursday night game in Giants gear and only received one middle finger. I was actually disappointed. 

i think the fans were mailing it in. I was there for the season finale vs Dallas, only saw 1 fight...usually see 2-3 before I even get to my seat, and only saw 2-3 instances of Eagle fans trying to start fights. There was almost a fight a row or two up from me between 2 eagles fans. Wentz missed a wide open back for a TD, they got into it over rather Wentz missed him or rather the ball hit the RB in the hands, lol

5 hours ago, KzEaglefan86 said:

They may have seemed pessimistic, but that was only so they wouldn't get a hard time if/when they got eliminated.  I'm good at picking up on subtle hints of overconfidence, and you guys were brimming with it all season. 

The only thing you're good at picking up is teh crack pipe, because you must be higher than hell right now

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I was there and like 10 guys got arrested 10 rows behind me.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, KzEaglefan86 said:

lol.....wut?

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

I was there and like 10 guys got arrested 10 rows behind me.

Oh good, I thought the NFC East was going corporate. 

The majority of giants fans in my area thought they would run through the playoffs. The reason was the last time the defense got hot they won it all. I tried explaining while it was certainly possible it doesn't really work that way and I was labeled a hater lol.

7 hours ago, boogyman said:

The majority of giants fans in my area thought they would run through the playoffs. The reason was the last time the defense got hot they won it all. I tried explaining while it was certainly possible it doesn't really work that way and I was labeled a hater lol.

I mean, it kind of did work that way, twice. How can you blame people for being optimistic? We just happened to run into the hottest QB on the planet. 

30 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I mean, it kind of did work that way, twice. How can you blame people for being optimistic? We just happened to run into the hottest QB on the planet. 

Well, it was mostly because you guys had 0 pass rush in that game. Each of your sacks in that game took about 3 minutes to get.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Paul852 said:

Well, it was mostly because you guys had 0 pass rush in that game. Each of your sacks in that game took about 3 minutes to get.

Nah, we had Rodgers running for his life until the D ran out of gas in the final few minutes of the game. He was sacked 4 times in the first 5 possessions and they were not coverage sacks. If we were going up against a less mobile QB there might have been 7 or 8 sacks total and certainly more QB hits. Rodgers is just a master at moving around the pocket and buying time. Brady would have been a dead man. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap and say the better team/player won. 

21 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Nah, we had Rodgers running for his life until the D ran out of gas in the final few minutes of the game. He was sacked 4 times in the first 5 possessions and they were not coverage sacks. If we were going up against a less mobile QB there might have been 7 or 8 sacks total and certainly more QB hits. Rodgers is just a master at moving around the pocket and buying time. Brady would have been a dead man. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap and say the better team/player won. 

i think you are both right

i don't think he was running for his life, they were coverage sacks, and most of the pressure was because he was forced to hold the ball because of great coverage then the pocket broke down and he had to run

If they had been playing Brady or a less mobile qb, they would have been dead though, because once the pocket broke down they'd have been sitting ducks.

That said....who cares? The NY defense is legit...without the best QB in the NFL playing at his peak...NY probably wins...their defense is built on stopping the run and have a lot of good corners.....why would NY fans not be excited.

Dallas may lose this week, but i'd rather play GB than NY.

52 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

They were all coverage sacks dude.

9 minutes ago, Paul852 said:

They were all coverage sacks dude.

Definitely. 

1 hour ago, Stephen1 said:

i think you are both right

i don't think he was running for his life, they were coverage sacks, and most of the pressure was because he was forced to hold the ball because of great coverage then the pocket broke down and he had to run

If they had been playing Brady or a less mobile qb, they would have been dead though, because once the pocket broke down they'd have been sitting ducks.

That said....who cares? The NY defense is legit...without the best QB in the NFL playing at his peak...NY probably wins...their defense is built on stopping the run and have a lot of good corners.....why would NY fans not be excited.

Dallas may lose this week, but i'd rather play GB than NY.

They weren't ALL coverage sacks. Two times in the beginning of the game the Giants DL collapsed the pocket. The next two Rodgers started scrambling, but coverage was tight so he just took the sack. As the game progressed Rodgers moved around even more and they just couldn't catch him. Once he started throwing darts it was over. In a situation like that I'd rather go up against Brady. He just doesn't have Rodgers mobility. 

But yes, the Giants defense is all but set. A few personnel decisions to make, but they should return a pretty good unit next season. 

On 1/10/2017 at 0:46 PM, vincent_NJG said:

Were you the one who randomly recommended Zaxbys awhile back?

I was down south last month and tried it as I was heading back home. Damn that's good ish. Probably made me gain  3 lbs but was so worth it.

Yes, that stuff is delicious.  Wings and Things plate is 5 wings, 3 tenders, celery, fries, and a piece of texas toast, I usually try not to eat the entire thing in one sitting and fail.  The Zaxby sauce is awesome as well.

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Ok. How can I be blamed for understanding that just because something happened before does not guarentee it will happen again?

6 hours ago, boogyman said:

Ok. How can I be blamed for understanding that just because something happened before does not guarentee it will happen again?

Because it sounds like this conversation happened with a group of Giants fans. Duhhh. In literally any other group your opinion would have been the popular one. 

7 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Because it sounds like this conversation happened with a group of Giants fans. Duhhh. In literally any other group your opinion would have been the popular one. 

dude......watching in the first quarter, all of sudden the Giants OL was pass blocking well and giving Eli time to go downfield....it felt like 2007 & 2011 all over again....I was worried

2 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

dude......watching in the first quarter, all of sudden the Giants OL was pass blocking well and giving Eli time to go downfield....it felt like 2007 & 2011 all over again....I was worried

I felt that way the entire first half. I was a little worried after the Hail Mary, but then they stopped GB cold to start the third quarter and hit that bomb to make it a one point game. But in the end the better, more balanced team won. You can't be that inept on offense against Rodgers and expect to win. He just wasn't this hot in 2011. The Cowboys better keep the ball out of his hands. Having Nelson out will help. 

43 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I felt that way the entire first half. I was a little worried after the Hail Mary, but then they stopped GB cold to start the third quarter and hit that bomb to make it a one point game. But in the end the better, more balanced team won. You can't be that inept on offense against Rodgers and expect to win. He just wasn't this hot in 2011. The Cowboys better keep the ball out of his hands. Having Nelson out will help. 

yeah, we put up 31 on them without Dez and in Dak's 6th start, so I'm hoping our offense can be even a bit better than it was that game......that's our best chance.....have some long scoring drives and hope that Rodgers starts out a little slow, like he has done a few times. But if he does, and Dallas doesn't take advantage of it, we are in trouble