Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Offseason Plan: The Long Haul Ahead

398 posts in this topic

As Howie Roseman explained to the assembled media at the NovaCare Complex on Wednesday, there are no promises. There are no guarantees. The Eagles made steps in the right direction in 2016, but 7-9 is not the goal and, frankly, neither is 10-6. The Eagles want to build a successful, sustainable football program once again, and it's going to be done the right way and it's going to take some time ...

View the full article

Lets get a good slot CB too!

This way we can let Jenkins stay at safety, I feel if he didnt have to move some of the games might have been different to.

1 person likes this

Good summary of Roseman's Conference. He's very good at concise, direct answers, without revealing anything! But we all share his pleasure on progress made in the past 12 months and look forward to more of the same. I got the feeling he's looking to FAs as "band-aids", while looking to the glaring deficiencies to be solved long term through draft maneuvers (like Wentz). I think rival GMs will be extra cautious in dealing with him!

From what I can determine, the consensus "favorite" pick, Corey Davis, will be long gone, unless the Eagles successfully trade up. Of course, a second round CB would be a crap shoot (e.g., Rowe).

3 minutes ago, Eaglesoldtimer said:

From what I can determine, the consensus "favorite" pick, Corey Davis, will be long gone

How did you come by that exactly?

1 person likes this

From what I can determine, the consensus "favorite" pick, Corey Davis, will be long gone, unless the Eagles successfully trade up. Of course, a second round CB would be a crap shoot (e.g., Rowe).

Rowe started 7 games for the 14 & 2 Patriots. He's far from a bust. Still not sure why they gave up on him so soon.

2 people like this

1st Corey Davis Western Michigan WR

2nd D'Onta Foreman Texas RB

3rd Cameron Sutton Tennessee CB/S/KR

4th Ryan Anderson Alabama OLB/DE

4th Jordan Leggett Clemson TE

5th Hunter Dimick Utah DE

Trade for another 5th Artavis Scott Clemson WR

6th Vince Biegil Wisconsin OLB

7th Tarik Cohen NC A&T RB/KR

7th Isaac Asiata Utah OG/OT

DC, I think it is time again for you to pull out your magic for my old buddy Stein and show him how you come up with 30 million in cap space.

1 person likes this

I use to believe that as well oldtimer but now not so much. The draft experts keep listing more and more players as first round draft picks. There are only 32 picks yet they probably have 75 players at the present time listed as first round picks. lol Someone has to fall out of the first round.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Eaglesoldtimer said:

I think rival GMs will be extra cautious in dealing with him!

Doubt it if you don't like anything about Howie you have to respect the fact the man can wheel and deal with the best of them and he is pretty good at managing the cap IMO 

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

DC, I think it is time again for you to pull out your magic for my old buddy Stein and show him how you come up with 30 million in cap space.

:lol: no problem

CBS has updated their rankings today, now have Corey Davis listed as the 16th player overall in the draft and the 2nd best WR behind Mike Williams.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2017/WR

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Eaglesoldtimer said:

From what I have seen Davis is right around our pick in the draft now and as for 2nd round CB we got rid of Rowe because we didn't like how he fit our new scheme along with the raise of Mills who we really liked not because he was a bad CB....

Lastly doesn't matter what round you get a guy in good scouting can land you good players simple as that..... 

1 person likes this

Glad to see Bailey get another opportunity to compete. Easy to see why he didn't get much of an opportunity in Jacksonville. They have three pretty good receivers in Jacksonville and to my knowledge none of them suffered any injuries while he was there. Of course the injury in San Diego cost him an opportunity there as well.

2 people like this

My view also in terms of this draft Eagles need to move around and get our guys if we really like Davis and think he is a #1 WR and want him go get him if that means we have to move up little bit so be it.... Same goes for any player I want to be aggressive still and there are plenty of ways to move around the draft without mortgaging our future.....AL so think if Eagles are sitting around at round 3 or 4 or later and nobody we are that high on is rated there move back some collect more picks instead of reaching... 

1 person likes this

My picks for the first round are any one of these three guys. Derek Barnett, Corey Davis or Dalvin Cook. Don't want to limit myself and I reserve the right to change my opinion when the time to pick gets closer. LOL

2 people like this

Wrang....Honestly as long as the Eagles get an impact player round 1 I will be happy....Leaning toward Davis(wanted Williams seems unlikely right now)get that special WR will open up the rest of the pass game.....RB think we can get a good one later also Eagles like Smalls and it was said Doug is high on Watson who I have to say caught my interest in the final game vs Dallas 

2 people like this

I guess I should find 11 more players that I would take in the first round since we are sitting at 14?

Wrang....Honestly as long as the Eagles get an impact player round 1 I will be happy....Leaning toward Davis(wanted Williams seems unlikely right now)get that special WR will open up the rest of the pass game.....RB think we can get a good one later also Eagles like Smalls and it was said Doug is high on Watson who I have to say caught my interest in the final game vs Dallas 

I'm impressed with all three of my picks. I haven't seen a non stop motor like Barnett's in a very long time. From the first snap to the last snap of the game he is constantly going and going and doesn't take a play off. I love Davis' height and rout running. For a college kid he sure can fake a cornerback out of his jock. And of course the most impressive thing to me with Cook is his acceleration through the hole. Been a while since I have seen anyone that fast through the hole. I knew he was fast in high school when I watched him in some playoff games but it is always hard to figure how that translates to the next higher level of competition. When he played in high school it was like watching a man compete against boys. I think he has the same skills as McCoy in running and pass catching but believe he is faster than McCoy through the hole.

29 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

CBS has updated their rankings today, now have Corey Davis listed as the 16th player overall in the draft and the 2nd best WR behind Mike Williams.

I was wondering when they were finally going to put Davis ahead of Ross!

2 people like this

50 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:
  57 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

I was wondering when they were finally going to put Davis ahead of Ross!

Did you notice with their current mock draft that they have Williams coming off the board at 11. They also have Cook coming off the board at 4 and Fournette coming off at 8. Barnett coming off at either 6 or 14. It will all change multiple times before the draft. Still say Ross is a second rounder.

2 people like this

Looking at FA I think I re sign Carroll I know he wasn't great but he was also coming off a major injury. It's early but there are a few guys I have my eyes on I know all you guys like Stills if we don't pick up D Jax but I like Ted Ginn Jr he can really take the top off a defense. I also look at targeting Byron Bell T/G, Devin Taylor DE, AJ Bouye CB, and Jeanie Jenkins OLB if they make the market.

DwD....only fear with Ted Ginn is he always disappears when he leaves the Panthers lol....Plus age man want the Eagles to stay young why many of us are high on Stills gives us the speedster and he is only 24 

2 people like this

I wouldn't sign anyone of them long term and would be looking to address a younger WR in the next few years in the draft and he will do until then.

6 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

DwD....only fear with Ted Ginn is he always disappears when he leaves the Panthers lol....Plus age man want the Eagles to stay young why many of us are high on Stills gives us the speedster and he is only 24