Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Previewing The 2017 Eagles Opponents

20 posts in this topic

With the 2016 season coming to an end, it’s time to take a look at what lies ahead for 2017. Next season, the Eagles will of course play six games against NFC East opponents, while also taking al...

View the full article

Could be a brutal travel schedule, depending on timing, with four(!) LONG trips. Nice "frequent flyer" miles, lol!

LOL,noticed that also.We're gonna have our work cut out for us

1 person likes this

Crazy to have to play all of the NFC West...AND AFC West!!! And i's going to be tough for the other NFC East and the west coast teams too. I know how the formulas and rotations work - but it seems the schedule makers could have came up with a better rotation, especially with Thursday and Monday games factored.

2 people like this

How is it that we play the Seahawks in their stadium again for the 2nd season in a row?

1 person likes this

How is it that we play the Seahawks in their stadium again for the 2nd season in a row?

....and playing Chicago again too. Actually, it has to do with the 3year(NFC) and 4 year(AFC) conference rotations, whereby home and away take turns (for instance, I get to see Eagles out here in San Diego once every eight years).....but the two "additional" teams each year are determined by finishing order the previous year. VERY confusing! Sometimes (but not often) stadium availability plays a role. Nice we have computers!

Will the schedule makers force us to play 3 teams coming off of their bye weeks like they did this past 2016 season?
Week 7 Vikings
Week 8 Cowbells
Week 9 Giants
sullbhit

2 people like this

It be more fair if all teams had the same bye week. Baseball world series usually falls around week 7. Use this weekend as bye for every NFL team.

1 person likes this

It be more fair if all teams had the same bye week. Baseball world series usually falls around week 7. Use this weekend as bye for every NFL team.

Fair, but not gonna happen! (t.v. $)

2 people like this

I don't think there should be bye weeks at all(17 game season!!!!) You know so you can avoid those 8-8 records(with 17 it's either 9-8 0r 8-9 barring tie games)

1 person likes this

On 1/5/2017 at 1:05 PM, GreenbleedinFL said:

LOL,noticed that also.We're gonna have our work cut out for us

I'm gonna be                                                                                                                           INCREDIBLE HULK-Lou Ferrigno 1978-6' 5" 285 lb..png

if the Eagles end up playing 3 consecutive teams in a row that are just coming off of their BYE's!

2 people like this

On 1/5/2017 at 2:55 PM, Eaglesoldtimer said:

Crazy to have to play all of the NFC West...AND AFC West!!! And i's going to be tough for the other NFC East and the west coast teams too. I know how the formulas and rotations work - but it seems the schedule makers could have came up with a better rotation, especially with Thursday and Monday games factored.

Isn't it easier for an east coast team to west than it is the other way around since they would gain 3 hours or effectively have the better part of their travel time accounted for,or am I thinking bass-ackwards?

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Isn't it easier for an east coast team to west than it is the other way around since they would gain 3 hours or effectively have the better part of their travel time accounted for,or am I thinking bass-ackwards?

Well the CLOCK changes,but that doesn't mean you get an addtional 3 hours of sleep lol(and they lose that on the trip home)

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well the CLOCK changes,but that doesn't mean you get an addtional 3 hours of sleep lol(and they lose that on the trip home)

I knew I was thinking bass-ackwards! lol :facepalm:

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I don't think there should be bye weeks at all(17 game season!!!!) You know so you can avoid those 8-8 records(with 17 it's either 9-8 0r 8-9 barring tie games)

That would make it more fair for the Tie-breaker process. I wouldn't want to see the Preseason cut down to 3 games instead of 4 either if they did that. Some say that the PS is meaningless,but IMO it's a very precious tool for debating your final 53 roster. There are tough decisions to make when it comes down to the final cuts and I feel that the 4th game is crucial for making those choices.

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, hgd707 said:

That may work,it'd definitely be the fairest way for every team to have their week off. But the NFL would never go for it due to the $$$ factor,and I believe that the random BYE's helps out with field availability for CFB and other forms of entertainment like soccer and concerts. There just isn't enough stadiums to go around.

I wonder what this schedule is ranked... last year we had a tough schedule, The team's that were bad last season are unlikely to be less competitive .... Cards, Broncos, Chargers, Carolina will be in the mix we are playing some different style heavyweights .Raiders, Chiefs, Seahawks... woooooo. Funny thing, I want my Birds playing the best teams, playing their best. I'll take the easy ones too,whatever the schedule gives . That Early Bye wk changed us, hurt us last season. Hope we get a better position this upcoming season .

last year , statistically, (w/l) the Eagles had the toughest schedule in the league, and something that went unnoticed by many, they faced 3 teams coming off the bye week, 2 of them division rivals if I remember correctly... might have to fact check myself. along with the very early bye week , I don't think they could possibly get shafted as bad as last yr, so I look forward to seeing the actual schedule.

Out of the AFC West,I'm glad that we play Raiders & Broncos at home. Especially the Broncs instead of having to go to the oxygen depleted,mile high Denver! Although,I myself would like to go to Denver just for the trip. ☺