RememberTheKoy

OFFICIAL: Nick Foles 2017 option not picked up by Chiefs

357 posts in this topic

The league is QB needy at the moment. He'll find work somewhere . . . for the right price.

Whether it's as a #1, #2 or #3 we'll have to wait & see. NY Jets maybe? Until they can find their guy, anyways.

Hell, if Sanchez is still in the league Foles should be, too.

At least Foles has his Jersey & Cleats in the HOF for his 7 TD game.

6 people like this

Of course they will - who would pay their backup QB $6.4 million?  Other than us, of course.

8 people like this

Someone is going to pick up Foles I'm just not sure who right now. There's lots of teams who need a QB but whether Foles floats their boat is another matter altogether.

I'm not surprised the Chiefs cut him either. He played OK for them when needed last year but I think they see Smith as the short term with a guy being brought in soon through the draft?! May even be they pick up a guy in the years draft to develop behind Smith.

I could see them parting ways with Smith too and bringing in someone like Tyrod.

It's just a question of who's bench he's going to warm next. 

Cleveland is my guess. He may actually start there.

1 person likes this

Two of his biggest haters and the ones that claim others cant shut up about him ......  posted up reeeaaal fast to talk about him   :whistle:

2 people like this

Honestly, I don't know why Reid wouldn't just roll with Foles, and simply trade/cut Smith.  You can draft a potential future starter in this years draft, and just see how things with Nick play out.  I wouldn't waste anymore time on Smith, he's not going to get them anywhere.

3 people like this

i'd take Foles as a backup

3 people like this

52 minutes ago, Jupiter520 said:

Honestly, I don't know why Reid wouldn't just roll with Foles, and simply trade/cut Smith.  You can draft a potential future starter in this years draft, and just see how things with Nick play out.  I wouldn't waste anymore time on Smith, he's not going to get them anywhere.

The answer would be because Nick Foles is not a good QB.  He is a journeyman backup.  If you are starting him as your primary QB then you are likely the Browns , Bills or Jets.

4 people like this

42 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

The answer would be because Nick Foles is not a good QB.  He is a journeyman backup.  If you are starting him as your primary QB then you are likely the Browns , Bills or Jets.

It doesn't happen often Buddy... So let's make a note of the time and date... But I'm with you here. Nick Foles is not a good QB. That's why he didn't last here, that's why he didn't last in LA and that's why he hasn't lasted in Kansas. He's a journeyman and that's all. He might be a starter for a desperate team that won't take a risk on a QB in this draft but it'll be a short term thing. He was a product of Chip Kelly's offense and that's why he started his career with such good numbers. 

2 people like this

On 2/16/2017 at 9:07 AM, KzEaglefan86 said:

He's still doing better than your boy Johnny Football, though.

It is nothing more than speculation and a whole lot of wishful thinking by some anti Foles people on these boards. RTK being the leader of the clan. I wouldn't be surprised if Nick agreed to restructure his contract just to remain with the Chief's. That Andy just hired Mike Kafka to be an assistant to the Quality Control coach tells me that he isn't as quick to give up on former players he had as quickly as some of you fans are. 

On 16/02/2017 at 9:07 AM, KzEaglefan86 said:

He's still doing better than your boy Johnny Football, though.

Dont forget Vick. I'm pretty sure he also hyped up Geno f'ing Smith too, pre draft 

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

Two of his biggest haters and the ones that claim others cant shut up about him ......  posted up reeeaaal fast to talk about him   :whistle:

Just children begging for attention. 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, forevereagles said:

It is nothing more than speculation and a whole lot of wishful thinking by some anti Foles people on these boards. RTK being the leader of the clan. I wouldn't be surprised if Nick agreed to restructure his contract just to remain with the Chief's. That Andy just hired Mike Kafka to be an assistant to the Quality Control coach tells me that he isn't as quick to give up on former players he had as quickly as some of you fans are. 

The people who are seen as "anti Foles" (myself being labeled one) don't hate or dislike Foles.

Foles is a good guy who carries himself well and is a decent backup QB. We acknowledge that 

What it is, is that we had to eat ish sandwiches for daring to criticize his play in any way shape or form. Disagreeing with the notion of Foles being the next Tom Brady was seen as hate speech on here.

Just a few months ago, I was still catching flack for declaring that he was a low end starter high end backup and nothing more.

So yeah... We're getting in a little "I told ya so" jabs here.

Wouldn't shock me at all if Reid brings Foles back on a lower deal but still, Foles since his 2013 season has been injured, traded by the guy who made him a star, benched, and cut twice(most recently by the guy who drafted him)

High end backup low end starter. 

The "anti Foles" people have been saying this for awhile. Just now it's tasting bitter for those who thought otherwise to admit to it.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

The people who are seen as "anti Foles" (myself being labeled one) don't hate or dislike Foles.

Foles is a good guy who carries himself well and is a decent backup QB. We acknowledge that 

What it is, is that we had to eat ish sandwiches for daring to criticize his play in any way shape or form. Disagreeing with the notion of Foles being the next Tom Brady was seen as hate speech on here.

Just a few months ago, I was still catching flack for declaring that he was a low end starter high end backup and nothing more.

So yeah... We're getting in a little "I told ya so" jabs here.

Wouldn't shock me at all if Reid brings Foles back on a lower deal but still, Foles since his 2013 season has been injured, traded by the guy who made him a star, benched, and cut twice(most recently by the guy who drafted him)

High end backup low end starter. 

The "anti Foles" people have been saying this for awhile. Just now it's tasting bitter for those who thought otherwise to admit to it.

I wasn't a foles guy either but, I don't bring him up every chance I get . He is long gone it's time to let it go. 

13 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I wasn't a foles guy either but, I don't bring him up every chance I get . He is long gone it's time to let it go. 

I'm going to agree with this.

17 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It doesn't happen often Buddy... So let's make a note of the time and date... But I'm with you here. Nick Foles is not a good QB. That's why he didn't last here, that's why he didn't last in LA and that's why he hasn't lasted in Kansas. He's a journeyman and that's all. He might be a starter for a desperate team that won't take a risk on a QB in this draft but it'll be a short term thing. He was a product of Chip Kelly's offense and that's why he started his career with such good numbers. 

I disagree. He didn't last here because of Chip Kelly.  He hasn't lasted in KC because they already had a starter, and they may be looking to move on from Smith if Tyrod is available.  Also, when was the last time the Rams had a QB worth talking about under Fischer? He was the main reason why Foles didn't have success there.

I sometimes agree with RTK, but when it comes to QB discussions I pretty much never do.

Edited by Jupiter520
1 person likes this

56 minutes ago, Jupiter520 said:

I disagree. He didn't last here because of Chip Kelly.  He hasn't lasted in KC because they already had a starter, and they may be looking to move on from Smith if Tyrod is available.  Also, when was the last time the Rams had a QB worth talking about under Fischer? He was the main reason why Foles didn't have success there.

I sometimes agree with RTK, but when it comes to QB discussions I pretty much never do.

*Sigh*

Foles is a good QB. You can win with him if he is surrounded by a team...he can get the job done and I would have no issue if he was back with us.

The Rams stink and anyone who is judging any QB playing behind that OL, with those WRs and horrible coaching...makes me laugh. 

Sam has played better since he left and Nick has played in 2 games and went 2-0 while completing 66% of his passes...3 TDs and 0 INTs. 

For the record, Chip got rid of Foles because Chip was an idiot. Jeff Fisher is unemployed and the issue in KC is based on money because Eric Berry is priority #1. 

2 people like this

12 minutes ago, LesDawg1978 said:

Foles is a good QB. You can win with him if he is surrounded by a team...he can get the job done and I would have no issue if he was back with us.

The Rams stink and anyone who is judging any QB playing behind that OL, with those WRs and horrible coaching...makes me laugh. 

Sam has played better since he left and Nick has played in 2 games and went 2-0 while completing 66% of his passes...3 TDs and 0 INTs. 

For the record, Chip got rid of Foles because Chip was an idiot. Jeff Fisher is unemployed and the issue in KC is based on money because Eric Berry is priority #1. 

chip and fishnet are both unemployed :D  Kelly got rid of the only QB that could win in his system  while also getting rid of all our offensive weapons .  Yet people still think it was the right move ..... the same guy that destroyed this team 2 years after going to the playoffs

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, NE.Jon said:

chip and fishnet are both unemployed :D  Kelly got rid of the only QB that could win in his system  while also getting rid of all our offensive weapons .  Yet people still think it was the right move ..... the same guy that destroyed this team 2 years after going to the playoffs

Lol. Forgot Chip got fired...I was pissed about that because San Fran comes to Philly next season....can you imagine that stadium that day? Lol. Im thinking that it would've surpassed the hate of when T.O first came back in 2006. 

Its hilarious to me when people say that "Chip got rid of Nick because he couldn't play!". As if Chip knew how to evaluate talent smh. 

I think to myself (every single time)...maybe DJac, JMac, Shady and Mathis couldn't play smh. 

1 person likes this