RememberTheKoy

OFFICIAL: Nick Foles 2017 option not picked up by Chiefs

204 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Jupiter520 said:

I disagree. He didn't last here because of Chip Kelly.  He hasn't lasted in KC because they already had a starter, and they may be looking to move on from Smith if Tyrod is available.  Also, when was the last time the Rams had a QB worth talking about under Fischer? He was the main reason why Foles didn't have success there.

I sometimes agree with RTK, but when it comes to QB discussions I pretty much never do.

Oh come on... He failed in Philly because he isn't good enough despite a system that helped his numbers. He failed in LA because he's not good enough and that team is a joke on offense. And he failed in Kansas because he wasn't good enough to beat out the all mighty Alex Smith.

People need to cut the excuses. He's not a good player.

4 hours ago, LesDawg1978 said:

Foles is a good QB. You can win with him if he is surrounded by a team...he can get the job done and I would have no issue if he was back with us.

The Rams stink and anyone who is judging any QB playing behind that OL, with those WRs and horrible coaching...makes me laugh. 

Sam has played better since he left and Nick has played in 2 games and went 2-0 while completing 66% of his passes...3 TDs and 0 INTs. 

For the record, Chip got rid of Foles because Chip was an idiot. Jeff Fisher is unemployed and the issue in KC is based on money because Eric Berry is priority #1. 

Me either .

It makes me laugh how quick fans were to defend Bradford during his time with the Rams. Who had a better supporting cast. Yet are so quick to  trash Foles,  who had much less in support. A system that didn't fit his abilities to add  insult to injury for his failures there. 

He wasn't cut by Chip as claimed. He was traded for Bradford . Big difference.. Chip himself said, " He never wanted to trade Foles."  So where people get that he was cut is  being misinformed.

As for the Ram's. .He  asked to be released , and they obliged.  Who wouldn't want to leave that circus ?  So if you choose to see that as being cut, than that is your choice. Personally, I see it as asking to be released from a team that really wasn't a good fit for him. And  realizing he had no future there.

As for his being cut by the Chiefs, that's  purely someone's  speculating that he could be released . I think they would be making a big mistake  to release him. Because I doubt Tyler Bray ( who has no game day experience) will be any  better  an option  as their back up. Than someone who has been through the fire,  in more ways than one in Foles.

58 minutes ago, forevereagles said:

Me either .

It makes me laugh how quick fans were to defend Bradford during his time with the Rams. Who had a better supporting cast. Yet are so quick to  trash Foles,  who had much less in support. A system that didn't fit his abilities to add  insult to injury for his failures there. 

He wasn't cut by Chip as claimed. He was traded for Bradford . Big difference.. Chip himself said, " He never wanted to trade Foles."  So where people get that he was cut is  being misinformed.

As for the Ram's. .He  asked to be released , and they obliged.  Who wouldn't want to leave that circus ?  So if you choose to see that as being cut, than that is your choice. Personally, I see it as asking to be released from a team that really wasn't a good fit for him. And  realizing he had no future there.

As for his being cut by the Chiefs, that's  purely someone's  speculating that he could be released . I think they would be making a big mistake  to release him. Because I doubt Tyler Bray ( who has no game day experience) will be any  better  an option  as their back up. Than someone who has been through the fire,  in more ways than one in Foles.

Chip also said he wasn't the GM, which in essence, he was. Never go strictly by what a coach says.

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh come on... He failed in Philly because he isn't good enough despite a system that helped his numbers. He failed in LA because he's not good enough and that team is a joke on offense. And he failed in Kansas because he wasn't good enough to beat out the all mighty Alex Smith.

People need to cut the excuses. He's not a good player.

I don't know that it was all the system, cause much more talented qbs failed miserably in that system. Not saying foles was great but, I wouldn't say it was just the system either. More of lightning in a bottle for him and chip that year. Both have some skills just not sustainable skills

It wouldn't surprise me if the Chiefs cut Foles, let him shop around for a bit, and then re-sign him at a lower price. That would be a total Reid move.

6 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I don't know that it was all the system, cause much more talented qbs failed miserably in that system. Not saying foles was great but, I wouldn't say it was just the system either. More of lightning in a bottle for him and chip that year. Both have some skills just not sustainable skills

What more talented QBs failed in that system buddy? If you mean Bradford and Keep then I would argue that it was because by the time they played in the system teams had worked it out. Obviously Foles isn't completely hopeless because he set a lot of records in college and he started his NFL career well. But I think you are right his huge numbers in the NFL were lightning in a bottle. Bottom line he's just not a good player. 

15 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Never go strictly by what a coach says.

Especially when it's Bill BeliCHEAT. <g>

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What more talented QBs failed in that system buddy? If you mean Bradford and Keep then I would argue that it was because by the time they played in the system teams had worked it out. Obviously Foles isn't completely hopeless because he set a lot of records in college and he started his NFL career well. But I think you are right his huge numbers in the NFL were lightning in a bottle. Bottom line he's just not a good player. 

I agree he isn't a good player I said after the saints playoff game he was done you could see his flaws big-time that game. I'm just saying he isn't completely with out skills. Just like chip you could see his flaws the first year he was here but, he isn't with out coaching skills either but, not good enough. They both caught the league off guard. 

how do people still think this dude is good? He had one fluke season and he never came close to playing at that level again. 

LOL

Good to see there are still some members of the Cult of Foles out there who are still as delusional about him as always.  

45 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

LOL

Good to see there are still some members of the Cult of Foles out there who are still as delusional about him as always.  

whats really funny is you still take any click bait that has foles in it as a chance to try and cure your butt hurt that Foles even at his worst was 100 x more the QB Vick  or any other of the draft picks you loved in past 4 years 

5 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

whats really funny is you still take any click bait that has foles in it as a chance to try and cure your butt hurt that Foles even at his worst was 100 x more the QB Vick  or any other of the draft picks you loved in past 4 years 

What?  Click bait article?  Reporter is reporting that he is likely to be cut.  

8 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

What?  Click bait article?  Reporter is reporting that he is likely to be cut.  

its his opinion and you do this with anything Foles .  He is no longer on the team , no one cares except you and a hand full of haters . 

23 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

fakenews_0.jpg

Your opinions aren't facts, as you claim them to be. Stop.

Is Foles a starting calibre qb? Not likely. Let's leave it at  that.

4 minutes ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

fakenews_0.jpg

Your opinions aren't facts, as you claim them to be. Stop.

Is Foles a starting calibre qb? Not likely. Let's leave it at  that.

Where did I claim them to be facts? Oh wait no I didn't so get back in your box and pipe down you melt. 

Foles isn't a good QB and for that reason I and I stress the I here... Would not want him back and this whole freaking love in that some fans have for him needs to stop. He wasn't the guy from the start and that's been shown at every team he's been at. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Where did I claim them to be facts? Oh wait no I didn't so get back in your box and pipe down you melt. 

Foles isn't a good QB and for that reason I and I stress the I here... Would not want him back and this whole freaking love in that some fans have for him needs to stop. He wasn't the guy from the start and that's been shown at every team he's been at. 

Love? You're being ridiculous. Its called respect. The last time any of us Eagles fans were able to enjoy a fun Eagles season, it was 2013, led by Foles and that fun to watch offense. Stuff like that leave a lasting impression on fans. Its about respect.

Who cares what he has done after? Enjoy the fact that for one season in the past 8 or so years, we had a QB and team lay it all on the line. Respect much deserved. 

2 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

its his opinion and you do this with anything Foles .  He is no longer on the team , no one cares except you and a hand full of haters . 

When is the last time I have made a thread about Nick Foles?

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

When is the last time I have made a thread about Nick Foles?

2 days ago .....

Just now, NE.Jon said:

2 days ago .....

I'm talking about besides this thread.  

2 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

And also I didn't post a link to an editorial where someone who works for NFL Network was just pondering how it would make sense for the Chiefs to cut Foles.  Clearly the word is getting out there that the Chiefs will be getting rid of Foles.  

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I'm talking about besides this thread.  

And also I didn't post a link to an editorial where someone who works for NFL Network was just pondering how it would make sense for the Chiefs to cut Foles.  Clearly the word is getting out there that the Chiefs will be getting rid of Foles.  

its still an opinion 

1 hour ago, NE.Jon said:

its still an opinion 

It's not a baseless opinion such as you thinking Foles is not a garbage QB.  It is something that he is hearing likely through the Chiefs organization or agent or others directly involved.  

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

It's not a baseless opinion such as you thinking Foles is not a garbage QB.  It is something that he is hearing likely through the Chiefs organization or agent or others directly involved.  

just for you 

Foles has to be one of the unluckiest players I have ever seen. He is definitely capable, rifle arm, good intelligence, he has been cursed by having to play for idiots at coaches. Like one of the above posters said with the right supporting cast he will get the job done. Wouldn't be surprised if Washington signs him since Cousins might no longer be there.