RememberTheKoy

OFFICIAL: Nick Foles 2017 option not picked up by Chiefs

204 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Where did I claim them to be facts? Oh wait no I didn't so get back in your box and pipe down you melt. 

Foles isn't a good QB and for that reason I and I stress the I here... Would not want him back and this whole freaking love in that some fans have for him needs to stop. He wasn't the guy from the start and that's been shown at every team he's been at. 

Butt hurt. The rest i didnt read. G'day mate.

I could have guessed who started this thread blindfolded. Foles also was shafted by Chip Kelly. 2003 was the last time the Rams had a winning season. 2008 was the last time the Rams had a good WR.....Torry Holt. 9 years, and that was Holts last season with the Rams after a 9 year stay. He tried Jacksonville in 2009 and realized it was time to hang up the Cleats.

As for the Chiefs? Alex smith isn't going anywhere. Reid drafted Foles and i'll almost bet He cuts Foles, not because he did anything wrong....36/55 (65%), 410 in yards, 3 TDs ) 0 ints. but because Reid doesn't want to hold him back. Reid knows that several teams are looking either for a starter in a bad QB draft class, or at least he gets a shot at starting for 1 of those teams. 

If Foles was still here and wasn't traded by Chip for Bradford, I'll bet that Pederson would have loved him. Simply because Pederson is from the Reid tree and has worked with Reid for several years as a player and a coach. I think its a noble move by Andy, letting Foles get a shot somewhere as a starter. 

The only part i wouldn't care for, would be not getting Wentz. But then again, no-one would have thought about Wentz anyway if Foles was still here. He's only 28, and though he isn't an Elite QB, he did nothing wrong here at all. 

3 hours ago, Jeep_Man said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Washington signs him since Cousins might no longer be there.

If I was Washington, that's what I would do if Cousins doesn't want to cooperate.

5 hours ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

Butt hurt. The rest i didnt read. G'day mate.

You understand that's Australians? See now you're just being racist! 

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

whats really funny is you still take any click bait that has foles in it as a chance to try and cure your butt hurt that Foles even at his worst was 100 x more the QB Vick  or any other of the draft picks you loved in past 4 years 

And the Ruben Randle debacle.

He is so butt hurt over that he has had me on ignore since the camp body was cut.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

And the Ruben Randle debacle.

He is so butt hurt over that he has had me on ignore since the camp body was cut.

Ahhh I tried to forget the Ruben Randle

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You understand that's Australians? See now you're just being racist! 

:roll: 

48 minutes ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

:roll: 

he is just mad that Aussies are UK Criminals 

This guy is still sweating Nick Foles? :roll:

On 2/16/2017 at 4:50 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It doesn't happen often Buddy... So let's make a note of the time and date... But I'm with you here. Nick Foles is not a good QB. That's why he didn't last here, that's why he didn't last in LA and that's why he hasn't lasted in Kansas. He's a journeyman and that's all. He might be a starter for a desperate team that won't take a risk on a QB in this draft but it'll be a short term thing. He was a product of Chip Kelly's offense and that's why he started his career with such good numbers. 

This drivel is pure insanity.

Chip Kelly has done NOTHING in the NFL without Foles, but clowns talk about him like he's Belichick.

A coach who is 14-31 without Foles does not have a system that benefits anyone.

The 2015 Rams had as much talent around Foles as you do as an analyst.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, skippyx said:

Chip Kelly has done NOTHING in the NFL without Foles, but clowns talk about him like he's Belichick.

Chip Kelly got decent play out of Sanchez in his system! So not so he has done nothing in the NFL without Foles is complete BS!

To be honest both were fortunate to have each other. Foles was fortunate to come in to the team under Kelly when that system was red hot and firing. Kelly was fortunate that he had a competent enough QB to run a very simple system.

Nobody is calling saying Kelly is anything like Belichick. He's out of a job for the second year in a row and rightly so. He shouldn't get another crack in the NFL because he's obviously not good enough. But those numbers in his first year and a bit cannot be disputed! That offensive system worked and teams at first couldn't handle it. 

19 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Chip Kelly got decent play out of Sanchez in his system! So not so he has done nothing in the NFL without Foles is complete BS!

You call that decent play?

Yeah he had a statistical up tick but a lot of that probably had to do more with the sheer volume of snaps than with anything resembling actual QB play.

The more I think back the more Kelly benefited year 1 from having McCoy and Jackson at skill positions, the sheer number of plays he ran increasing the stats, and teams briefly not knowing what they were dealing with.  Once he started dumping talent and teams realized he was a one trick wonder he was done.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, gibsonplyer said:

For Mark Sanchez? Yeah I'd call that decent. But let's not get carried away and say that decent is good or great. Decent is he put up OK yards and pretty much threw as many TDs as INTs. 

I would take him over Alex Smith no question.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, gibsonplyer said:

Yeah he had a statistical up tick but a lot of that probably had to do more with the sheer volume of snaps than with anything resembling actual QB play.

The more I think back the more Kelly benefited year 1 from having McCoy and Jackson at skill positions, the sheer number of plays he ran increasing the stats, and teams briefly not knowing what they were dealing with.  Once he started dumping talent and teams realized he was a one trick wonder he was done.

That's exactly what I've been saying for awhile now

Top running back, top deep threat, top oline, a new offensive system that DCs had not figured out yet, and a relatively unknown player.

Add it all up and you've got a one wonder.

It's not all that complicated

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

For Mark Sanchez? Yeah I'd call that decent. But let's not get carried away and say that decent is good or great. Decent is he put up OK yards and pretty much threw as many TDs as INTs. 

Again: more snaps = better stats NOT better play.  I don't believe Sanchez actually played any better for Kelly.  Hismstats just looked better because the ball was in his hands more per game.

On 2/18/2017 at 10:27 PM, Jeep_Man said:

Foles has to be one of the unluckiest players I have ever seen. He is definitely capable, rifle arm, good intelligence, he has been cursed by having to play for idiots at coaches. Like one of the above posters said with the right supporting cast he will get the job done. Wouldn't be surprised if Washington signs him since Cousins might no longer be there.

Oh god there is no way we could be that lucky you have the Redskins sign Foles to be their QB LMAO.  That would be an immediate fix to our inability to beat them.

Also good to see that the Cult of Foles is as desperate as ever.  He keeps failing where he goes and you people keep believing the world is against poor Lil Nicky Foles and he is actually a great QB.

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Also good to see that the Cult of Foles is as desperate as ever.  He keeps failing where he goes and you people keep believing the world is against poor Lil Nicky Foles and he is actually a great QB.

He has done things few others have done, deal with it.

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 0:45 AM, ackid38 said:

The only part i wouldn't care for, would be not getting Wentz. But then again, no-one would have thought about Wentz anyway if Foles was still here. He's only 28, and though he isn't an Elite QB, he did nothing wrong here at all

EXCEEEEPT.........................

being the worst statistical QB in the entire NFL in every category relevant to being a successful QB in 2014 until he got injured - then off to the Rams 2015 where he was again the WORST  starting QB in the NFL because ......... no fault of his own , right?

Damn! I cant believe this is still happening 3 years later 

everything about common sense explains his limited success - and everything about evidence, history, and logic have proven why it was a fluke

2013 Raiders defense 3rd worst in franchise history - allowed Riley Cooper to be better than Randy Moss or Jerry Rice were ever in their career

2013 bears worst defense in their franchise history

2013 Cowboys worst defense in franchise history

2013 Detroit Lions - snowstorm

2013 Cardinals - robbed by ref - proven in 2014 and 2 years later as cards ascend to reach NFCCG while eagles slide 

2013 Skins - the skins, enough said 4-12

2013 Packers - no Aaron Rodgers - proved to dominate 2014 Eagles     

2013 Bucs - 4-12 enough said

He did little RIGHT !

in his CAREER !

he isn't even tough - he got repeatedly injured but for some reason took 1 blindside shot by a dirty Skins player and gets labeled tough as nails, its a joke 

Its not debatable anymore

On 2/19/2017 at 0:45 AM, ackid38 said:

I could have guessed who started this thread blindfolded. Foles also was shafted by Chip Kelly. 2003 was the last time the Rams had a winning season. 2008 was the last time the Rams had a good WR.....Torry Holt. 9 years, and that was Holts last season with the Rams after a 9 year stay. He tried Jacksonville in 2009 and realized it was time to hang up the Cleats.

As for the Chiefs? Alex smith isn't going anywhere. Reid drafted Foles and i'll almost bet He cuts Foles, not because he did anything wrong....36/55 (65%), 410 in yards, 3 TDs ) 0 ints. but because Reid doesn't want to hold him back. Reid knows that several teams are looking either for a starter in a bad QB draft class, or at least he gets a shot at starting for 1 of those teams. 

If Foles was still here and wasn't traded by Chip for Bradford, I'll bet that Pederson would have loved him. Simply because Pederson is from the Reid tree and has worked with Reid for several years as a player and a coach. I think its a noble move by Andy, letting Foles get a shot somewhere as a starter. 

The only part i wouldn't care for, would be not getting Wentz. But then again, no-one would have thought about Wentz anyway if Foles was still here. He's only 28, and though he isn't an Elite QB, he did nothing wrong here at all. 

Other than Foles the Chiefs have no other QB behind Smith with game day experience. I personally don't see where any that are about to become F/A's are any better than Foles . 

The kid they drafted last season Kyle Logan has already been released and is with an AFL team. Aaron Murray who was also with them, is now with the Eagles. That leaves Tyler Bray and Foles.  Tyler Bray is going on his third season but has yet to take a single snap in an NFL game that's meaningful. 

Andy isn't stupid, he knows what he has in Foles. He knows he can win games for you. He has done so, under some of the most  negative situations any player (especially at QB) has been asked to perform. And he has won  games at every place he has been. But all his haters want to focus on are his losses. 

I find it interesting that everywhere that Pat Shumar goes, Bradford winds up there as well. Coincidence ?  Maybe , but something tells me it isn't.  I wouldn't be at all shocked to learn that it was Shumar who initiciated the trade for Bradford when Bridgewater went down.

The one thing  Foles  did wrong...he had a season for the ages. That no one before or since has had. Because the unreasonable among us,  wanted him to do so, they now call him a bad QB. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, forevereagles said:

Other than Foles the Chiefs have no other QB behind Smith with game day experience. I personally don't see where any that are about to become F/A's are any better than Foles . 

The kid they drafted last season Kyle Logan has already been released and is with an AFL team. Aaron Murray who was also with them, is now with the Eagles. That leaves Tyler Bray and Foles.  Tyler Bray is going on his third season but has yet to take a single snap in an NFL game that's meaningful. 

Andy isn't stupid, he knows what he has in Foles. He knows he can win games for you. He has done so, under some of the most  negative situations any player (especially at QB) has been asked to perform. And he has won  games at every place he has been. But all his haters want to focus on are his losses. 

I find it interesting that everywhere that Pat Shumar goes, Bradford winds up there as well. Coincidence ?  Maybe , but something tells me it isn't.  I wouldn't be at all shocked to learn that it was Shumar to initiciate the trade for Bradford when Bridgewater went down.

The one thing  Foles  did wrong...he had a season for the ages. That no one before or since has had. Because the unreasonable among us,  wanted him to repeat it,  and he was unable to do so ,  they now call him a bad QB. 

On 2/21/2017 at 6:12 AM, vincent_NJG said:

That's exactly what I've been saying for awhile now

Top running back, top deep threat, top oline, a new offensive system that DCs had not figured out yet, and a relatively unknown player.

Add it all up and you've got a one wonder.

It's not all that complicated

Horrific NFL coach.

1 career pro bowler/ borderline HoF on the O-line (Peters)

1 guard at the very peak of his above average career (Mathis)

1 stud RB (McCoy)

A bottom half of the league #1 WR who is fast (980 yards and 5 TD average is not special in any way)

Those averages are close to single season highs of Thrash '01 (833 and 8) or Pinkston '02 (798 and 7) :smoke:

Garbage at WR2 and WR3 (Cooper and Avant)

Two above average TEs (Celek and Ertz)

Idiots think he was running with the 1989 49ers or something and he lucked into the 3rd highest rated QB season in history.

He has started or played most of 10 games since 2013 excluding the crap Rams and has gone 8-2 in those games.

The worst kind of scum is a fan who hates on a player for succeeding while a member of their team.

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, skippyx said:

Horrific NFL coach.

1 career pro bowler/ borderline HoF on the O-line (Peters)

1 guard at the very peak of his above average career (Mathis)

1 stud RB (McCoy)

A bottom half of the league #1 WR who is fast (980 yards and 5 TD average is not special in any way)

Those averages are close to single season highs of Thrash '01 (833 and 8) or Pinkston '02 (798 and 7) :smoke:

Garbage at WR2 and WR3 (Cooper and Avant)

Two above average TEs (Celek and Ertz)

Idiots think he was running with the 1989 49ers or something and he lucked into the 3rd highest rated QB season in history.

He has started or played most of 10 games since 2013 excluding the crap Rams and has gone 8-2 in those games.

The worst kind of scum is a fan who hates on a player for succeeding while a member of their team.

At the time, Chip was in the running for coach of the year and people were calling him the next Bill Walsh. Back to back top ranked offenses his first 2 years.

"In Chip we trust" was an extremely common phrase.

He, much like Foles, has since been exposed.

Note how neither have been successful since. No one cares that San Francisco has no talent. Chip isn't getting any excuses for that because we know better

The oline featured All-pros at LT(peters in his prime) Guard (Mathis at the peak of his career)  and PFFs top rated center in Kelce who would proceed to make back to back pro bowls.

Lesean McCoy was en route to a league rushing title and all-pro.

Suddenly Djax is nothing special? Releasing him was probably Chips biggest mistake following the 2013 season. 

He was coming off a career best that year. 

A 3 time pro bowler who's jersey sold like hot cakes is suddenly pinkston and thrash? Seriously?

Only twice has Djax played a full 16 game season. (Hence the skewed season average. Yeah, im not stupid)

His rookie season and in 2013 when he racked up over 1300 yards and 9 TDS.

Someone who benefited greatly from Djax was Riley Cooper who found himself wide open repeatedly en route to an 800 yard 8td season.

Let's review.

Top ranked oline(only Keenum and Pryor held the ball longer than Foles in 2013)

All-Pro RB

Top ranked running game

New offensive system the DCs were still trying to figure out.

Foles to his credit playing extremely well.

Add it all up.

1 year wonder.

Either there's nothing but complete idiots running every FO in the league for not scrambling for him to be their starter or they all know something about Foles that you clearly don't.

Both Chip and Foles caught lightning in a bottle.

Why is it so difficult to come to grips with that?

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

At the time, Chip was in the running for coach of the year and people were calling him the next Bill Walsh. Back to back top ranked offenses his first 2 years.

"In Chip we trust" was an extremely common phrase.

He, much like Foles, has since been exposed.

Note how neither have been successful since. No one cares that San Francisco has no talent. Chip isn't getting any excuses for that because we know better

The oline featured All-pros at LT(peters in his prime) Guard (Mathis at the peak of his career)  and PFFs top rated center in Kelce who would proceed to make back to back pro bowls.

Lesean McCoy was en route to a league rushing title and all-pro.

Suddenly Djax is nothing special? Releasing him was probably Chips biggest mistake following the 2013 season. 

He was coming off a career best that year. 

A 3 time pro bowler who's jersey sold like hot cakes is suddenly pinkston and thrash? Seriously?

Only twice has Djax played a full 16 game season. (Hence the skewed season average. Yeah, im not stupid)

His rookie season and in 2013 when he racked up over 1300 yards and 9 TDS.

Someone who benefited greatly from Djax was Riley Cooper who found himself wide open repeatedly en route to an 800 yard 8td season.

Let's review.

Top ranked oline(only Keenum and Pryor held the ball longer than Foles in 2013)

All-Pro RB

Top ranked running game

New offensive system the DCs were still trying to figure out.

Foles to his credit playing extremely well.

Add it all up.

1 year wonder.

Either there's nothing but complete idiots running every FO in the league for not scrambling for him to be their starter or they all know something about Foles that you clearly don't.

Both Chip and Foles caught lightning in a bottle.

Why is it so difficult to come to grips with that?

Chip never wanted Foles .... He hated the fact that it was Reids team and was winning . All Foles did was win here even in 2014 before he got injured he was winning . He got sent to the Rams which he was not wanted by a team that packed up moved to LA and fired a coach that was a record loser . Foles gotr basically 1 year as starter .... if he got more time say 2-3 years who knows what could of been.  We will never know now and it does not matter since he is long since been traded . 

But as a Eagle he played great and loved by his teamates , that showed when they fought for him . Dude broke records here and some still hate him because they loved Vick more and thought because vick in his long sad career had a small 6 game streak where he looked good