RememberTheKoy

OFFICIAL: Nick Foles 2017 option not picked up by Chiefs

204 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, skippyx said:

Foles has never been a free agent during free agency.

He was released during training camp. (July 27)

It takes some subtlety to get what that means. (I won't explain it to the clown)

McCown had brief success in 2013 with his 13 TDs and 1 pick. He also went an impressive 3-2 that year.

He is a career 18-42 with a 78.2 career rating.

Fitzpatrick is a career 44-69-1 QB with a 79.7 career rating. His first winning season was in his 11th year.

You think these are valid comparisons. :lol::roll::lol:

You are my pet moron on these boards. I throw out a valid argument and you soil yourself trying to look tough.

The ball is back in your court.

Yeah... So? If he was the quality QB you claim he is, a team or 2 would have made room for him to compete for a starting gig. 

When Bridgewater went down, it wasn't long before the Vikes offered a generous package for a guy they knew could be their starter and possible franchise QB. 

If someone like Derek Carr or even Ryan Tannenhill were FA at the beginning of training camp, you don't think other teams wouldn't cut some RFA DB to make room for him to be part of a in camp QB competition? Really?

If a top 20 QB is made available prior to the first preseason game, he's going to be offered a chance to start somewhere in the league. FACT

Yeah. McCown caught brief absurd success during the same time Foles was having great success.

It was clearly an anomaly if you look at the rest of his career. He's a fine backup, but when teams gave him reigns to be a starter he couldn't handle it. His career stretches all the way back to 02 with mostly lousy coaching and whatnot. No excuses. He is what he is.

I noticed a trend though. It's never Foles' fault. It's the coach(s) and such whenever he struggles.

Yet no one says the same for guys like Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Fitz was a 7th round pick so he didn't get a fair shake to begin with. In his career played for STL, Cincy, Buffalo, Tennessee, Houston, NYJ.

I could be wrong but I think those teams combine for about a measly 3 or 4 playoff wins in the last decade and those wins came from TJ Yates and Mark Sanchez. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Yeah.... Not exactly beacons of great coaching and winning traditions.

No excuses though. If Fitz was better than the label I gave him, he would have shown it for more than 1 decent season as starter.

For the record: I'd take Foles over Fitz, McCown, Keenum and pretty much every current backup in the league not named Garappolo or Romo. Just in case you people think I just have it out for Foles.

Question: this time next year, if we're having this same discussion, what will you say then? I already said I'd eat my hat on video if Foles proves me wrong.

I'm your pet? Really? I called you out for posting wrong stats about 2011 giants defense and instead of giving a rebuttal you ran off. I've been here for awhile now and only engage your posts when I'm bored out of my mind

At least Les and Jon are actually giving more in depth arguments without trotting out stat contextless stat lines to go along with Tumblr level insults.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

Yeah... So? If he was the quality QB you claim he is, a team or 2 would have made room for him to compete for a starting gig. 

When Bridgewater went down, it wasn't long before the Vikes offered a generous package for a guy they knew could be their starter and possible franchise QB. 

If someone like Derek Carr or even Ryan Tannenhill were FA at the beginning of training camp, you don't think other teams wouldn't cut some RFA DB to make room for him to be part of a in camp QB competition? Really?

If a top 20 QB is made available prior to the first preseason game, he's going to be offered a chance to start somewhere in the league. FACT

Yeah. McCown caught brief absurd success during the same time Foles was having great success.

It was clearly an anomaly if you look at the rest of his career. He's a fine backup, but when teams gave him reigns to be a starter he couldn't handle it. His career stretches all the way back to 02 with mostly lousy coaching and whatnot. No excuses. He is what he is.

I noticed a trend though. It's never Foles' fault. It's the coach(s) and such whenever he struggles.

Fitz was a 7th round pick so he didn't get a fair shake to begin with. In his career played for STL, Cincy, Buffalo, Tennessee, Houston, NYJ.

I could be wrong but I think those teams combine for about a measly 3 or 4 playoff wins in the last decade and those wins came from TJ Yates and Mark Sanchez. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

No excuses though. If Fitz was better than the label I gave him, he would have shown it for more than 1 decent season as starter.

For the record: I'd take Foles over Fitz, McCown, Keenum and pretty much every current backup in the league not named Garappolo or Romo. Just in case you people think I just have it out for Foles.

Question: this time next year, if we're having this same discussion, what will you say then? I already said I'd eat my hat on video if Foles proves me wrong.

I'm your pet? Really? I called you out for posting wrong stats about 2011 giants defense and instead of giving a rebuttal you ran off. I've been here for awhile now and only engage your posts when I'm bored out of my mind

At least Les and Jon are actually giving more in depth arguments without trotting out stat contextless stat lines to go along with Tumblr level insults.

How could he have done that ? He was traded and under contract with Rams .  He then decided to turn down a very public Cowboys offer and go with the guy that drafted him . Unless you work for Nick or KC you dont know what offers were made when Teddy went down . Bradford was an obvious since the world new Wentz was our future .

Vikes

wanted a starter asap right at season start . So most teams see blood in the water  .... biggest thing of all is this  Quality backups for Playoff caliber teams are important .... Just ask the Pats , so teams that want to compete dont always want to give up guys like  Jimmy  G , Aj Mc  , MIke G  , and Nicky boy .  We understand that Sheli has never missed time so Giants have been lucky and dont undersand , but then again they have not been a playoff team for some time now .

The Dolphins medical team did not clear Brees. The dolphins did stupidly choose Culpepper with the busted knee and proceeded to shove him on the field before he was ready though. Either way, still apples and oranges. Sorry.

Yeah, you noted the other QBs have issues. That's fine but then completely hand waived away the superior stats and gushed over Foles' stats again. Btw. Foles himself hasn't really been the model of durability either.

No, he wouldn't start over Bradford in Minny. Behind the worst line and worst running game in the league, Sam just broke the NFL record for completion percentage a year after breaking the eagles franchise record for completion percentage under Chip long after Chip was exposed. Talk about reaching.

Also, you just said that we don't know about Kaep, but you're confident that Foles would win an open competition with Kaep? 

Buffalo, only if Tyrod is let go, in which case, Yeah, among teams that have backup quality QBs as starters, Foles could win a starting gig. That's not saying much.

Yeah, take out the anomaly. The career stats become dramatically skewed. Far more than if you were to take out 2015.

Again. New offensive system+top RB+top Oline+top deep threat+lack of game tape within system+weak schedule/division= lightning in a bottle.

Yes, in the right circumstances, with a top quality oline, Foles, like any other low end starter, high end back up, can produce.

Even Tim Tebow, who couldn't throw the ball straight won games in this league in such circumstances. 

Idk if he would have "balled" in Houston but he would have been better than Osweiler. 

Jesus, this just gets worse.

So many things wrong in this post...and how you tried to twist words. I peeped it tough 

For example, I said Kap has been with one team his entire career. How do we know what "GMs" think? That was in response to your mentioning of why teams weren't clamoring over him. To answer your question though...yes, Foles is a better pure QB than Kap and would beat him straight up. Sheesh bro, slow down a lil bit. You're trying to go 65mph in stand still traffic.

Lmao at Sam setting records for completion percentage. Just out of curiosity, what was his average yards per completion? Just asking btw. Also, Minny was the first team to reach out to Nick when he was released...so yea, there's that. Something tells me if he was on their squad when Teddy 2 Gloves got hurt, the Eagles would've still had no 1st rounder this upcoming draft. But hey, I could be wrong

Tim Tebow? Lmaoooooooo. This is terrible. You're now comparing guys who haven't been employed in the league in over 3+ years to someone who has been a starter twice and a backup once in that same span. Tim is out here begging just to be in a camp and cant get a call back. I also find it ironic that you mention the word "anomaly" with Nick but use Tebow to support your argument. That made me chuckle 

This is just incredible. I could keep going, but why? 

Hey bro, you got it..you win

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thevikingage.com/2016/08/04/minnesota-vikings-nick-foles-shaun-hill/amp/

Bro, Nick was offered a contract with Vikes and he turned it down. So lets not act as if the Vikes had options when they gave up a 1st smh. 

At this point, I would rather you just say that you don't like his game. All of this could go away. 

Guys like Osweiler, Fitz and Keenum..those are players who are low end starters, high end backups. Foles is better than all of those guys and it isnt even close. You keep wanting to use why Foles has been on multiple teams as your barometer and that's hilarious. Especially since you wont acknowledge the situation. I mean, Cutler has started for 9 years in Chicago. He has stunk for at least 5 of them. Do you think because he has been there that long, that he's a franchise QB? Or...could it be that he got a dumb contract and the Bears cant get from under it? You dont think Foles would start over Cutler? 

Again, pay attention to the situations in the league.

1 person likes this

Before I leave, let me ask this question. 

If Foles was on the 2015 Dallas Cowboys team (4-12) and was their QB when Romo got hurt, do they challenge for the division? 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, LesDawg1978 said:

Before I leave, let me ask this question. 

If Foles was on the 2015 Dallas Cowboys team (4-12) and was their QB when Romo got hurt, do they challenge for the division? 

Good God....

I guess I'll just have to eat this dirt sandwich for now. I'm confident that this time next year, I'll get to be a smug jerk. It's not so bad. Only 3 disagree with me on this so there's that.

Also, those arguing me seem to be either crying about my argument or just dropping insults instead of actually refuting it so.... i mention guys like Tebow as an example of an anomaly occuring when the circumstances line up just right and it's somehow completely missed...

At this point it's a lost cause. 

Yes, the cowboys do challenge for the division in 2015 if they have Foles. 

The cowboys were and are still loaded.

Would they have won the division? Idk.

Would they have finished .500 or better?

I'd say yes.

Brandon Weeden, Matt Cassel, and Kellen are total garbage. They're not fringe starters or even capable backups. 

Nick Foles is a low end starter/high end back up.

Again, the only current back up QBs in the league that I'd take over Foles right now is Garappolo and Romo.

I'm not going to address your other points because you'll probably just continue to hand waive them away.

Instead I've made my position clear and I'm confident that this time next year RTK will post this again and I'll pop in just to rub it in.

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

I have posted thousands of stats and you think you really zinged me when you found a single error?

I have no idea what the error was, but it sure left an impression on you.

You are obsessed, bro.

I'd be flattered if you were not so pathetic.

People judge a QB by 3 things mostly.

Wins, Stats, Intangibles

Foles DOMINATED in 2013 and 2014 to the tune of 14-4 on a team that was 6-8 without him. He did this in your team's division.

Foles' career 88.1 rating is higher than:

Palmer, Newton, Carr, Luck, Stafford, Cutler, Flacco, Manning, Smith, Bradford, and Tannehill.

I am not saying he is better than all those players. I am saying he belongs with those players.

Don't even bring up guys like Bortles, Osweiler, Fitzpatrick, Sanchez, Cassel, and Siemian.

He is a leader. The Eagles players loved the guy especially after the Redskins game in 2014.

Guys like Bradford and Cutler are passers and not leaders.

I get that you don't like him, but your delusions have turned you into a joke. (hint, I am not the only one laughing at you in this thread)

4 people like this

1 hour ago, skippyx said:

I have posted thousands of stats and you think you really zinged me when you found a single error?

I have no idea what the error was, but it sure left an impression on you.

You are obsessed, bro.

I'd be flattered if you were not so pathetic.

People judge a QB by 3 things mostly.

Wins, Stats, Intangibles

Foles DOMINATED in 2013 and 2014 to the tune of 14-4 on a team that was 6-8 without him. He did this in your team's division.

Foles' career 88.1 rating is higher than:

Palmer, Newton, Carr, Luck, Stafford, Cutler, Flacco, Manning, Smith, Bradford, and Tannehill.

I am not saying he is better than all those players. I am saying he belongs with those players.

Don't even bring up guys like Bortles, Osweiler, Fitzpatrick, Sanchez, Cassel, and Siemian.

He is a leader. The Eagles players loved the guy especially after the Redskins game in 2014.

Guys like Bradford and Cutler are passers and not leaders.

I get that you don't like him, but your delusions have turned you into a joke. (hint, I am not the only one laughing at you in this thread)

Are you even reading the entirety of my posts? You responses don't reflect that if you are. You're saying ish that isn't even remotely reflective of what I stated in response to me. 

As I said before, you only post stats that fit your narrative and you even went as far as purposely posting false starts to help your argument and the reason why it had an effect was that you didn't even bother provide a rebuttal. You just ran off. Weak.

Oh here's a surprise! Let's keep bringing up Foles' 2013 stats and career passer rating, which I've said time and time again are the results of catching lightning in a bottle and therefore skew the numbers 

Foles has a lower career passer rating than RG3 and Kaepernick and doesn't offer the rushing threat that they do. I'd still take Foles over them because *gasp* stats don't tell the whole story.

Kaepernick just had a good TD:INT ratio of 16:4  in 2016 on a team devoid of talent and under the fully exposed and now unemployed Chip Kelly while being lauded by his teammates.

See how stats don't tell the whole story? 

If you would take a break from violently fapping to Foles' 2013 stat line and actually read my entire posts you would have seen that I actually like Foles and stated that I even hope he proves me wrong because he has great work ethic, is a team first guy, and that the only current backups I'd take over him are Romo and Garappolo.

Bradford is a fine leader, Cutler is anything but. As I said, since you love stats so much, Bradford, who's career was in serious question not to long ago due to injuries, has just broken the NFL record for completion percentage while playing behind the league's worst oline and with league's worst running game while maintaining a respectable 7 YPA. This is on the heels of him breaking the eagles franchise completion record under Chip with a weaker running game, oline, and receiving corps than what Foles had in 2013-2014. You really think Bradford isn't respected or loved by teammates? Really?

I never even once mentioned Bortles or Semien in this thread so it makes no sense why you brought them up. Only further proves that youre not actually reading my posts.

I have no delusions here. I've been getting ripped over my stance of Foles since I supported the trade for Bradford.

I have no disdain for Foles whatsoever. Again, you would know that if you would actually read the entirety of my posts instead of cherry picking lines to then proceed to simply repeating the same old stats that I previously acknowledged and addressed and then claiming some sort of victory over me.

One last thing. Only 3 on here even disagree with me and the only one laughing is you. You think because 2 other Eagles fans who were fans of Foles somewhat agree with you that you actually won something? Really?

Sad....

32 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Foles has a lower career passer rating than RG3 and Kaepernick and doesn't offer the rushing threat that they do. I'd still take Foles over them because *gasp* stats don't

Sad....

where has that gotten Kap and RG3 ? btw Nick is a tremendous athlete  had scholarship offers to play basketball . Yes he only ran like a 5.03 in 40 yard dash .... but that did not mean he could not rush , he chose to be a better pocket QB.  

I swore I was done after my last post  but this is now mine 

49 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

where has that gotten Kap and RG3 ? btw Nick is a tremendous athlete  had scholarship offers to play basketball . Yes he only ran like a 5.03 in 40 yard dash .... but that did not mean he could not rush , he chose to be a better pocket QB.  

I swore I was done after my last post  but this is now mine 

Nick Foles is 6'6". Of course he got scholarship offers for basketball. 

Brock Osweiler got scholarship offers for basketball too. That dude runs like his feet are caught in bear traps

Foles is a tremendous athlete? Compared to who?

You must think that the likes of Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, Carson Wentz, Alex Smith, etc have athletic abilities beyond human imagination.

I really hope you're joking with this post.

All the back and forth aside, I would like to see Foles get a shot in a decent offense again to see what he can do. I really believe the Chiefs would have been a better team with him as a QB over Alex Smith, for instance. 

1 hour ago, boogyman said:

All the back and forth aside, I would like to see Foles get a shot in a decent offense again to see what he can do. I really believe the Chiefs would have been a better team with him as a QB over Alex Smith, for instance. 

I hope Nick gets another shot too. It will help prove me right.

1 hour ago, vincent_NJG said:

I hope Nick gets another shot too. It will help prove me right.

I wonder if he'll end up with the Chiefs still - but at less than $6 mil. (or whatever he's due this year) We'll see soon enough.

2 hours ago, eglz1 said:

I wonder if he'll end up with the Chiefs still - but at less than $6 mil. (or whatever he's due this year) We'll see soon enough.

That wouldn't surprise me. Nor would a return to Philly.

My guess though is that he's going to want a shot to start.

Chicago and NYJ are supposedly going to make a run at Mike Glennon for reasons unknown.

Kaepernick just opted out of his contract so there's an opening in San Francisco.

Buffalo may make an offer if Tyrod is let loose.

Arizona and Denver are probably his best bets.

So if a QB gets traded to a team that has not had a winning season since 2003, 0 talent at all offensive skilled positions, but had success here in an offense he had no business even being in. then winds up on another team where he did pretty good when Smith went down, and that team might release him, makes him a terrible QB? Maybe AR is trying to help Foles by releasing him with several teams that do not have a steady QB in hopes he finds a starting job.

Why does Foles still get so much hate from Eagles fans after he represented this franchise as Pro-bowl MVP, or 27tds/2 int in 10 games, or the HOF shrine for him along with 1 of the greatest QBs ever in this league, for tossing 7 tds in 1 game? Honestly, what did Foles ever do here to garner so much hatred? Never 1 bad thing ever said in a negative manner from any coach or player he has ever been around, yet still, 3 years later..........EAGLES fans still see him as a 3rd round bust that never did anything right here. Like he was part of Chips master plan to destroy this franchise, but thankfully Howie Almighty stepped in and distinguished these 2 dumpster fires. 

Foles has never had the chance to, due to unfortunate events to become a teams steady QB. I really hope he gets a chance on a team that has no sure thing, starting QB and he can compete for a starting gig.

Seems like here, our fans boo the likable players, but love the locker-room cancers, and "me 1st" guys. Foles was 6-2 his shortened last season here with 13 tds and 10 ints....(15-9, 50 tds - 17 ints) and was called a turn over machine.....Wentz went 7-9, 16tds - 14ints and he is labeled our savior. No knock intentionally on Carson, who i think will turn into a very good QB over time. Still though, nothing did Wentz do in his rookie season was Godly, but gets a ton of OMG praise.

All - in - All, i still would love to know why almost 4 years after the fact, Foles continues to be trashed by Eagles fans. By the way some of you give this guy so much grief, you would swear that Foles should be in the Eagles almanac, as the worst QB this franchise ever had.

Of course i can already predict the responses i'm about to receive about my mancrush on Foles. Kid just had a string of bad luck so far in this league, and i'm sure i'm not alone when i say " i hope he can find a starting gig somewhere " . He wasn't trade away from here because he didn't play well. I believe Chip thought he had a very good chance to land Mariota in the next draft, who i'm sure Chip believed if he and Mariota reunited at the NFL level, that they both could achieve even better production and success than they did at Oregon. We all know how that eventually took place. Just a shame that Foles had to go to the Rams, that saw several QBs fail by no fault of their own.

Maybe the 49ers, Cleveland, Jets, Bills, Houston, Bears or even the Saints( if brees decides to move on or retire in a year or 2), lets Foles come in and compete for a starting gig. Several QBs in this league had bad, multiple seasons at the start of their careers, then stellar last half of their careers. Not saying that Foles will turn out to be 1 of the all-time greats at the QB position, but i do believe if he is given the opportunity, and has a somewhat competent other 10 offensive players, he will wind up with nice stat lines across the board. 

3 people like this

Facts Of Life On An Internet Message Board:

Opinion does not = a fact or facts. Learn the difference.

You cannot convince someone of something they do not want to be convinced of.

Statistics can be manipulated to portray any desired result.

Sarcasm does not necessarily identify itself as such.

In the grand scheme of things, being right or wrong here is of no real consequence.

Get over yourself and leave your ego at the door.

None of this is important enough to be yelling at & cursing someone.

Especially since we're mostly fans of the same team. 

Just thought I'd mention it . . .

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, McNabbIsGone said:

Facts Of Life On An Internet Message Board:

Opinion does not = a fact or facts. Learn the difference.

You cannot convince someone of something they do not want to be convinced of.

Statistics can be manipulated to portray any desired result.

Sarcasm does not necessarily identify itself as such.

In the grand scheme of things, being right or wrong here is of no real consequence.

Get over yourself and leave your ego at the door.

None of this is important enough to be yelling at & cursing someone.

Especially since we're all fans of the same team. 

Just thought I'd mention it . . .

you realize he is a Giants fan ..... 

52 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

So? Am I to be treated differently because I'm a fan of a rival team?

I don't treat jersey fans differently than eagles fans based on fanhood. 

1 hour ago, NE.Jon said:

No . . . but it really shouldn't matter.

47 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

So? Am I to be treated differently because I'm a fan of a rival team?

I don't treat jersey fans differently than eagles fans based on fanhood. 

18 minutes ago, McNabbIsGone said:

No . . . but it really shouldn't matter.

wow LOL  Im done  .  You / He said we are all fans of the same team .   Im sorry that I posted something correct  .  I know now neither of you read 

On 3/2/2017 at 7:39 AM, NE.Jon said:
55 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

wow LOL  Im done  .  You / He said we are all fans of the same team .   Im sorry that I posted something correct  .  I know now neither of you read 

understand that Sheli has never missed time so Giants have been lucky and dont undersand , but then again they have not been a playoff team for some time now .

*Sigh* 

His last line doesn't negate his entire post. 

The same applies to yours.

Giants last played a playoff game 2 months ago.

That doesn't negate your argument in this thread 

1 hour ago, NE.Jon said:

No need to be a jerk about it. It's a simple error . . . Mr.  NEGADELPHIA.

11 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

*Sigh* 

His last line doesn't negate his entire post. 

The same applies to yours.

Giants last played a playoff game 2 months ago.

That doesn't negate your argument in this thread 

Wild Card ......  and lost .  Thats like the Redskins bragging about 2015 

13 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

Wild Card ......  and lost .  Thats like the Redskins bragging about 2015 

Who says I'm bragging? I'm not

I was merely correcting and using it as an example to show that one inaccurate line doesn't negate an entire post.

Eli is past his prime and the Giants need to start searching for his replacement

6 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Who says I'm bragging? I'm not

I was merely correcting and using it as an example to show that one inaccurate line doesn't negate an entire post.

Eli is past his prime and the Giants need to start searching for his replacement

I've seen a couple of mocks that have the giants taking Watson with their 1st rounder.