RememberTheKoy

OFFICIAL: Nick Foles 2017 option not picked up by Chiefs

204 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

Lmao. Best part is hes back in Philly. Bahahah

The journey continues for the journeyman backup.

I'm convinced that if you send a QB to the wrong team, he will die on the vine with a head coach who is obsessed with defense.   Foles did that in St. Louis.   Foles was successful reuniting under his first NFL HC in KC.  I would rather have underpaid tall QB with stature, and toughness who's played a few games vs. overpaid undersized QB who's barely played a game.  

Knowing Foles background, he's going be fast friends with Carson Wentz.   This is Bob Griese, and Earl Morrall with the Dolphins in an era many of you never lived through.   Only leftover Vick fans, and McNabb disciples would question this QB tandem.  

4 hours ago, Iggles said:

I'm convinced that if you send a QB to the wrong team, he will die on the vine with a head coach who is obsessed with defense.   Foles did that in St. Louis.   Foles was successful reuniting under his first NFL HC in KC.  I would rather have underpaid tall QB with stature, and toughness who's played a few games vs. overpaid undersized QB who's barely played a game.  

Knowing Foles background, he's going be fast friends with Carson Wentz.   This is Bob Griese, and Earl Morrall with the Dolphins in an era many of you never lived through.   Only leftover Vick fans, and McNabb disciples would question this QB tandem.  

RTK and Morris are the two that seem to hate it the most, no surprise. Both seem to be dreading reading about fans or media calling for Foles to be the starter if Wentz struggles. I think both are terrified at the idea of Foles playing well if he does have to come in for a few games. 

19 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

RTK and Morris are the two that seem to hate it the most, no surprise. Both seem to be dreading reading about fans or media calling for Foles to be the starter if Wentz struggles. I think both are terrified at the idea of Foles playing well if he does have to come in for a few games. 

I don't think it's going to be that relationship.  This is Wentz's  team.  Wentz will never be benched if he plays poorly, only if he's injured.  I get a bit angry when the Eagles fans who are going to die young from a stroke scream, and whine that Wentz was a "flash in the pan" after three games.  Wentz's production dropped because his right tackle was suspended for ten games, and Wentz found himself more on his back than standing.   That forced Wentz to make quicker throws, and the results were ints.  Nick Foles is not going to steal Wentz's job.  Any sane Foles fan from the Chip Kelly era knows who's the #1 QB.  They don't hold grudges as fans who are too fascinated with scrambling QB's.   

1 person likes this