Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] A Schedule Of What's Ahead For Eagles

279 posts in this topic

Crunch time is coming. In a matter of a few weeks we’re going to see the Eagles’ free agency plan unfold – they have their plan in place, says executive vice president of football operations Howie Roseman – and then all attention turns to the draft ...

View the full article

Let's get the best Players in FA, and Draft. I want 2 WR's, 2CB's and a RB and an edge rusher this season...

2 people like this

For all of you wanting to see Peters get released, The Eagles may have another OT on the team that could start at RT and his name is not Vaitai. D. Gordon is a converted TE to tackle project that could make strides this year. IF so, I could see the Eagles moving away from Peters unless he redoes his current contract. I was concerned before due to lack of depth. This may not be the case now....

1 person likes this

For all of you wanting to see Peters get released, The Eagles may have another OT on the team that could start at RT and his name is not Vaitai. D. Gordon is a converted TE to tackle project that could make strides this year. IF so, I could see the Eagles moving away from Peters unless he redoes his current contract. I was concerned before due to lack of depth. This may not be the case now....

I like your positive thinking, but Gordon has not played in 1 NFL game as an OT. That's a gamble. If Peters could be restructured and kept, than you would have more opportunities to do things like groom Gordon to become an OLman and make other shifts. I doubt he'd restructure his contract to the Eagles' liking tho...his resume is pretty solid despite his age and false start penalties...will see very soon tho.

1 person likes this

Stine, I'm glad you mentioned Gordon, because I'm really intrigued. I want to see if he is ready to contribute this season. Great athlete, and the Eagles obviously were high on him to keep him on 53-man roster last season. Is he another Jason Peters? Is he just a super athlete who isn't able to make the transition to OT? Is he something between the two?

6 people like this

Stine, I'm glad you mentioned Gordon, because I'm really intrigued. I want to see if he is ready to contribute this season. Great athlete, and the Eagles obviously were high on him to keep him on 53-man roster last season. Is he another Jason Peters? Is he just a super athlete who isn't able to make the transition to OT? Is he something between the two?

I feel we should find out this season. You should expect some return in 2 years no? Will be watching also Dave.....

1 person likes this

Hail to Stine!!! His 5th career "First" AND a dialogue with Dave!! That's a good combination power hit there!

1 person likes this

oops- Gordon was listed as playing in the Ravens game near the end of the season...

I'm still pissed we didn't see the potential of Alejandro Villanueva.

2 people like this

Let's get the best Players in FA, and Draft. I want 2 WR's, 2CB's and a RB and an edge rusher this season...

I agree, except for the RB. I'd rather let this group get all the reps. I'm excited about the potential of two rookies from 2016: Marshall and Watson. In addition, I'd like to see what a healthy Smallwood can do in his second season as well. I also like Kenyon Barner. I don't want to see us use a draft pick on a RB at all. I'd rather some UFAs are brought in if we need more backs for training camp.

3 hours ago, DaveSpadaro said:

I feel we should find out this season. You should expect some return in 2 years no? Will be watching also Dave.....

Yes we could have our next Jason Peters already on the club between Gordon or Hart. I wish both of them all the luck in the world but it has been my observations that the team will not wait real long for either of them to develop because they will need the room on the roster. I always root for the underdog. Would love to see either one of these guys push for a starting job.

2 people like this

Gordon and several others are intriguing and wanted to see them play the Giants and dullass last season to evaluate tham. Alas we didn't, the W's were good for the moral but didn't get us much in finding out what these guys are capable of and the decisions that have to be made this OS.

Free Agency 2017 Target/Wish list

Thought I would have a good look at who is out there.

Checked out players and positions I think are needed and are a scheme fit. Filling as many holes they can now will give the Eagles the more flexibility going into the Draft.

Also I didn’t look at older players hitting 30 or over.

Had pros and cons but would have been a whole article worth so just ranked them as top 5 options.

WR -
Obvious positions of need. Wentz needs weapons. Eagles WRs couldn’t win enough of their matchups, they couldn’t get open consistently and couldn’t catch the ball. Also lacked that vertical threat.

1. Alshon Jeffery, Bears, Age 26 Ht 6'3 Wt 213
2. Kenny Stills, Dolphins, Age 24 Ht 6'0 Wt 195
3. Robert Woods, Bills, Age 24 Ht 6'0 Wt 190
4. Markus Wheaton, Steelers, Age 26 Ht 5'11 Wt 189
T5. Kendall Wright, Titans, Age 27 Ht 5'10 Wt 191
T5. Cordarelle Patterson, Vikings, Age 25 Ht 6'2 Wt 220

CB -
Eagles CBs really struggled this season. Which I think translated to the DL not generating enough pressure or getting home enough. Not much of an improvement or any from last year. Carroll looked to have declined. McKelvin was a band aid and now the Eagles ripped it off. Brooks got injured early. Bright spot was finger wager Mills but not too bright was his lack of speed.

1. Stephon Gilmore, Bills, Age 26 Ht 6'1 Wt 190
2. A.J Bouye, Texans, Age 25 Ht 6'0 Wt 191
3. Logan Ryan, Patriots, Age 26 Ht 5'11 Wt 195
4. Morris Claiborne, Cowboys, Age 27 Ht 5'11 Wt 192
5. Trumaine Johnson, Rams, Age 27 Ht 6'2 Wt 208

DT -
Logan will probably command some big coin in the market with the ability to play NT and DT. Eagles need to inject as many bodies and youth into that position. More pressure is needed from the interior and the DL as a whole.

1. Nick Fairley, Saints, Age 29 Ht 6'4 Wt 300
2. Karl Klug, Titans, Age 28 Ht 6’3 Wt 278
3. Kendall Reyes, Chiefs, Age 27 Ht 6'4 Wt 300
4. Courtney Upshaw, Falcons, Age 27 Ht 6’2 Wt 272
5. Stacy McGee, Raiders, Age 27 Ht 6’3 Wt 310

DE –
As we saw the Eagles DL just didn’t get enough pressure. Cox was getting doubled or even triple teamed and the rest of the DL apart from Graham got little to no pressure at all. Good to stop the run but the Eagles CBs had no chance out there. Barwin looks like he’s on the outs. Just like the DT position more bodies in there the better. Someone needs to step up.

1. Alex Okafor, Cardinals, Age 26 Ht 6’4 Wt 261
2. Damontre Moore, Seahawks, Age 24 Ht 6’5 Wt 250
3. Cornelius Washington, Bears, Age 27 Ht 6’4 Wt 292
4. Barkevious Mingo, Patriots, Age 26 Ht 6’4 Wt 240
5. Jarvis Jones, Steelers, Age 27 Ht 6’3 Wt 248

G –
Not a position of need but it is a position with some questions. Wiz is a FA. Babre was rumoured not to be safe along with Kelce. Seumalo is there but does he play G or C. Brooks was a big signing last year so I don’t think Eagles will spend big again at the position.

1. Kevin Zeitler, Bengals, Age 26 Ht 6’4 Wt 320
2. Larry Warford, Lions, Age 25 Ht 6’3 Wt 317
3. Ronald Leary, Cowboys, Age 27 Ht 6’3 Wt 320
4. Chance Warmack, Titans, Age 25 Ht 6’2 Wt 323
5. Jonathan Cooper, Cowboys, Age 27 Ht 6’2 Wt 310

LB –
Eagles have a stud in Hicks. Bradham played solid to last year. Goode is a FA. Kendricks is on the block. Walker is coming back from injury. Grugier-Hill is a ST player. Leaving the Eagles with an empty cupboard at LB.

1. Dont’a Hightower, Patriots, Age 26 Ht 6’3 Wt 265
2. Zach Brown, Bills, Age 27 Ht 6’1 Wt 248
3. Gerald Hodges, 49ers, Age 26 Ht 6'2 Wt 236
4. Sio Moore, Cardinals, Age 26 Ht 6'1 Wt 245
5. Arthur Brown, Jets, Age 26 Ht 6’0 Wt 240

FB-
Finally a position Eagles haven’t had since Weaver. We have one on the roster. Not many hitting FA but the ones that are, are the best in the league. Could only name 4 because the others are 30 or over.

1. Kyle Juszczyk, Ravens, Age 25 Ht 6’1 Wt 240
2. Patrick DeMarco, Falcons, Age 27 Ht 6’1 Wt 234
3. James Devlin, Patriots, Age 28 Ht 6'3 Wt 255
4. Zach Line, Vikings, Age 26 Ht 6’1 Wt 233

If Eagles can come away with some of these names i think we will be strong heading into the Draft and into the season.

5 people like this

Ugh I hate the off-season before FA starts can't wait till the pieces start moving 

1 person likes this

Great job Freak...A.P and his huge salary # is likely a Cap Casualty.17 million per if he stays with the Vikes. Is Peterson a fit here in Philly,does he still possess enough to be a Difference Maker. Do ya'ii think he is worth a look see?

1 person likes this

Great job Freak...A.P and his huge salary # is likely a Cap Casualty.17 million per if he stays with the Vikes. Is Peterson a fit here in Philly,does he still possess enough to be a Difference Maker. Do ya'ii think he is worth a look see?

A.P i think needs to go to a team that is hitting on the SB door and needs a RB.

I think hes gonna be over 30. Hope Eagles go young through the draft build around Wentz and with Wentz.

Hence why i didnt list any RBs in the FA list.

2 people like this

Have to remember AP has his limitations. Great on 1st & 2nd downs, still a great punt returner. Not a 3rd down back, bad hands and face it - he's gotten old. Old and expensive not a good mix.

2 people like this

Thanks for the FA post Freak. Know Douglas said we're going to get CB's in the draft, which is why I lean more towards them going WR in FA. If we had a shot at Bouye they'd take it imo, we've just been burned at that position too many times. Still waiting to see what happens w/ Logan, better than what he doesn't get credit for - stats lie!

1 person likes this

I can't see JP being cut or released. Anyone we bring in at LT will command as much money that JP is due ... LT in this league like the Dillion TE to OLine experiment but no one is better than JP for the price. Peters needs to go out as an Eagle he has earned must perform better than any other position... especially if we intend to keep Carson healthy. No Scrubs allowed, JP is worth more than he is scheduled to make, his role as an example to the young guys and as a great mentor...is invaluable to getting an OLine that can truly protect Carson must be the first priority.

1 person likes this

I could see Mario Williams replacing Barwin on a cheap 1-year deal if he wants to keep on playing in the league. He had arguably his best season under Schwartz, and has expressed his desire to play in Schwartz's system again. We have so many other needs that it is unlikely we spend a draft pick on a DE or give a long-term deal to a DE on the market. He could come in as a camp body and surprise as a situational pass rusher.