Jason1978

Kirk Cousins wants out of Washington?

148 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, cowboy_ron said:

lol, the irony.......the eagles all time record.....555-591-26

we have 30 more years of playing then the broke backs .  you keep repeating yourself like he past matters .   Not our fault Poke have sucked last 20 years and now have a qb as smart as a bag of rocks 

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

we have 30 more years of playing then the broke backs .  you keep repeating yourself like he past matters .   Not our fault Poke have sucked last 20 years and now have a qb as smart as a bag of rocks 

Lol @ the irony of a Cowboys fan with 5000+ mostly troll posts on the EMB commenting on whats sad... I guess you've never taken a good look at your own life

1 person likes this

On 2/18/2017 at 5:39 PM, NE.Jon said:

redskins have not been all that great nor has Kapt Kirk . Its pretty sad when a franchise is excited  being just over .500     Remeber when they said they owned the NFCE because of the disaster the East was in 2015  . Now they also have both their top Wide outs hitting FA  . J Reed is a concussion away from eating from a tube  and there D is a mess. Add in  a new OC / DC  who wants to be in that crap hole .

Remember when your team could beat that "crap hole" team? Yeah, good times. 

7 hours ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

Remember when your team could beat that "crap hole" team? Yeah, good times. 

While the Eagles are on the rise , the Foreskins are letting FO crap the bed and sink into the NFCE Basement . Skins football is so bad they actually thought 2015 meant something when in reality  they just sucked the least  in a year the Divison was a mess.  Even your players bought into it .... Which idiot claimed they owned the East like 3 games into the season lol.  

Right now it does not matter what the skins do because every choice will mess them up one way or the other . 

The pay kirk they lose .... the let kirk walk they lose ..... They have there two best WRS hitting FA they lose ....   JR the offenses heart and soul is one hit away from retirement .... New WR Doc cant stay on the field . Defense is a mess and they have a over paid CB that they would not even let cover OBGYN  LOL 

On 2/18/2017 at 8:00 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If a team signs a non-exclusive franchise tagged player to an offer sheet, the team that he's tagged by can match the offer or let him go. If they let him go, the team that's losing him gets two 1st round picks.

That's why you hardly have ever see tagged players leave. As for it being negotiable, I've never heard that before but to negotiate down from two first round picks would be a bit silly unless they just really don't want him and they believe that they won't get the picks at all. Then maybe settling for a first and a second (or something of that sort), might make sense to them.

Off the top of my head, this early, I can't name any team that gave up two first round picks since the franchise tag system was adopted. I seem to think it has happened, but I just can't think of when (if it happened at all).

Wasn't it the Skins that were the first to give up 2 1st rounders for that slug of a DT years back? Whats was that dudes name. Got paid, and stopped trying.

17 minutes ago, jfluke said:

Wasn't it the Skins that were the first to give up 2 1st rounders for that slug of a DT years back? Whats was that dudes name. Got paid, and stopped trying.

If you're thinking of Haynesworth, he was an UFA.

Joey Galloway is the only player offhand I can think of that a team gave up 2 first rounders for.

1 person likes this

39 minutes ago, jfluke said:

20 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

If you're thinking of Haynesworth, he was an UFA.

Joey Galloway is the only player offhand I can think of that a team gave up 2 first rounders for.

5 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

He just needed a moment to collect his thoughts, I'm sure.

:whistle:

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

He just needed a moment to collect his thoughts, I'm sure.

:whistle:

He was collecting something, that's for sure. Just ask Danny Boy lol

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

He was collecting something, that's for sure. Just ask Danny Boy lol

:lol:

13 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

:lol:

I went to read some articles on that game, the comments section on the Washington Post site were pretty funny:

Comments

No, he's spying on Vick in this play. It's a deep cover, sleeper-cell spying.
Posted by: wbbradb | November 16, 2010 12:08 PM | Report abuse

I've fallen...........and I'm too lazy to get up!
Posted by: jbanks979 | November 16, 2010 12:14 PM | Report abuse

The Eagles defender looked extremely confused by Haynesworth.. he stood there for a second or two like "what do i do?" he didnt know whether to call the medic, feed him a sack of sliders or just stand there and laugh! I wonder what he would have done if not distracted by Andre Carter.. hopefully he would have just stood there, pointed and laughed! or he could have cleated his head.. either way im ok with it..
Posted by: jredden | November 16, 2010 12:14 PM | Report abuse

I've been very confused by the whole Haynesworth saga, but that play above is nothing less than a benchable offense. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Haynesworth isn't activated next week.
Posted by: mkremnitzer0 | November 16, 2010 12:17 PM | Report abuse

@$$ on the ground! @$$ on the ground! Looking like a fool with your @$$ on the ground!
Posted by: stwasm | November 16, 2010 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Fat Albert, get your fat @ss up. You pathetic underachiever.. Mr. Dan, Mr. Bruce and Coach Mike cut this cancer from our team please.. Fat Ablert look at the rest of the team you over grown lazy out of shape whiner … Cut him please…
Posted by: rogerdodger24 | November 16, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

If he even tried to get up 99 could have goten to Vick before he threw the ball...very embarrasing for the skins...sooo happy I am a Giants fan!
Posted by: willypops | November 16, 2010 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Haynesworth was just subtly taunting DeSean Jackson.
Posted by: false_cause | November 16, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Much like a disoriented pilot whale. Albert gave up the fight and beached himself.
Posted by: wynnebs | November 16, 2010 1:10 PM | Report abuse

This here ground is so soft. And that guy Vick's pretty fast. No way I'm gonna catch him no how. This ground is so soft.
Posted by: kbarker302 | November 16, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Not that bad. Maybe 99 get to alter the throw if 92 doesn't submit at the feet of the OL. He chased plenty of plays.
Posted by: sdtxyz | November 16, 2010 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Absolutely inexplicable. When I saw it, I thought Fat Albert had been hurt, but no--there he is getting right back up again.
Posted by: ouij | November 16, 2010 1:43 PM | Report abuse

He thought he found his lost earring!
Posted by: Misty630 | November 16, 2010 4:03 PM | Report abuse

I'm here at my job I supppose to be working but I'm here laughing my a*** off at these comments. They are priceless.Dan Snyder gave this guy a 100 million I still cannot believe it.
Posted by: dommonie | November 16, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

thanks Dan; that's one telling clip. How could any team want to trade for that pile of.. ?
Posted by: Hattrik | November 16, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

this franchise will always be a loser as long as Danny boy Snyder is the owner. He and his buddy Vinny completely wrecked this franchise with their failed draft picks, free agent megabuck failures (Fat Albert, Deon, etc). The defense is the worst in the league, the wide receivers couldn't start in the Arena league, and the offensive line is years from being rebuilt. Shanny is just beginning to see what a crappy hand he was dealt with the personnel on this team. Jason Campbell must be laughing his *ss off in Oakland watching this freak show in DC>
Posted by: mikepem01 | November 16, 2010 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Charge him Admission!!!
Posted by: wootens | November 17, 2010 9:19 AM | Report abuse

With the amount he was paid he should be sued for failure to honor his contract. He couldn't find a gun in a gun shop
Posted by: southportwave | November 17, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Benching is exactly what Haynesworth would like. He obviously isn't interested in playing football.
Posted by: Aerowaz | November 17, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

@WorstSeat -- I'm actually glad they used an animated gif for this (although your comment has me laughing). This was actually a lot easier to watch repeatedly (for both analysis and disbelief) than a Flash video, since the clip was fairly short. Animated gifs rock!
Posted by: Andrew53 | November 17, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

ahh, ham sandwich, you did it again. You're like the gift that keeps giving.

Washington needs to lock Kirk up. He's above average, which in the NFL is a hell of a lot better than below average which is basically the alternative.

They will probably have to overpay but it is what it is.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, L.E. said:

Washington needs to lock Kirk up. He's above average, which in the NFL is a hell of a lot better than below average which is basically the alternative.

They will probably have to overpay but it is what it is.

So you commit something like 15% of your cap space to a guy who's just above average? And even then for me that's a stretch. But if I accept that he's just above average then how can anyone pay him Andrew Luck money? 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So you commit something like 15% of your cap space to a guy who's just above average? And even then for me that's a stretch. But if I accept that he's just above average then how can anyone pay him Andrew Luck money? 

Like I said it's either that or have someone like Sanchez. Or step in ish in the draft like Dallas did but that's not very likely.

2 minutes ago, L.E. said:

Like I said it's either that or have someone like Sanchez. Or step in ish in the draft like Dallas did but that's not very likely.

But maybe they can bring in a guy who's just steady and not going to cost as much? Until they can find their guy... 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But maybe they can bring in a guy who's just steady and not going to cost as much? Until they can find their guy... 

It's hard to find a guy who's steady because other teams are either also looking or won't let go of theirs.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, L.E. said:

It's hard to find a guy who's steady because other teams are either also looking or won't let go of theirs.

Agreed. But no matter what way you shake it paying as much as he's going to get isn't the answer for any team. 

31 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. But no matter what way you shake it paying as much as he's going to get isn't the answer for any team. 

But the reality is teams overpay for QBs all the time. I just don't see them letting him go.

1 person likes this

43 minutes ago, L.E. said:

But the reality is teams overpay for QBs all the time. I just don't see them letting him go.

And I really hope they don't let him go. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And I really hope they don't let him go. 

Dont be so ridiculous. If they let him walk that leaves them with.......? Cutler as an option( lol yes please!)? A rookie qb? Id love to see him walk so i can laugh at Washington again. 

Did you miss the games where he actually kills our secondary? 

22 minutes ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

Dont be so ridiculous. If they let him walk that leaves them with.......? Cutler as an option( lol yes please!)? A rookie qb? Id love to see him walk so i can laugh at Washington again. 

Did you miss the games where he actually kills our secondary? 

Did you miss the games where most teams killed our secondary? Happened a lot I'm not sure if you were aware? It's the reason that we need to go CB heavy in the draft you see. 

On 2/18/2017 at 2:23 PM, mike030270 said:

I'm confused. Does he want a huge contract or does he just not want to play for Skins anymore?

He wants to get tagged and traded.

40 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

He wants to get tagged and traded.

cant blame him . FO lost the prove it year bet and still have not paid him . They should of locked him up a hell of a lot cheaper when he took over for RG3 . They were too cheap and stupid .  They lucked out that they even had Kirk to save them for themselves with Griffen crap . Redskins get everything they deserve 

I truly don't understand why everyone here is so down on Cousins. He's been pretty damn good the last two years. Sure he's come up small in a few really important games, but overall he's been well above average.

CMP%
YDS
TD
INT
Rating

Those are damn good numbers, it's not like he's only torching the Eagles sorry secondary. Nearly 5000 yards last year and a better than 2:1 TD to INT ratio.

1 person likes this