Jason1978

Kirk Cousins wants out of Washington?

118 posts in this topic

Cousins gets a bad rap because his record against good teams are crap.

Overall he's 19-21-1 as a starter, but 5-13 against teams with 8+ wins.

23 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Did you miss the games where most teams killed our secondary? Happened a lot I'm not sure if you were aware? It's the reason that we need to go CB heavy in the draft you see. 

You're delusional if you continue on the thought process of Kirk being "not that good."

Apologies if I come across as rude, but you're coming across as ignorant.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

You're delusional if you continue on the thought process of Kirk being "not that good."

Kirk is a smart guy but nothing more then average QB . Maybe that can change as he as only been a starter for 2 years . But he folds bad under pressure which a lot of good QBs do .  But his stats tell a lot .  He had 5k yards yet only 25 td 12 ints .  Ya he throws a lot but cant seem to finish drives.  They did suffer from no run game  I will give them that .  But do you think Kirk with worth 24.5 million a year + ?  

16 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

Kirk is a smart guy but nothing more then average QB . Maybe that can change as he as only been a starter for 2 years . But he folds bad under pressure which a lot of good QBs do .  But his stats tell a lot .  He had 5k yards yet only 25 td 12 ints .  Ya he throws a lot but cant seem to finish drives.  They did suffer from no run game  I will give them that .  But do you think Kirk with worth 24.5 million a year + ?  

Yea agrees, and i never said he was spectacular (for the record). I just think hes a pretty good qb. So is Alex Smith, so is Sam Bradford, even though at times I say theyre crap, im just acting out. Do they have the mental make-up to win a SB? I'm not so sure... Not likely? But let's not take that away from their ability to play well...at times. Not every qb can be compared to the likes of Manning/Brady/Rogers and if they're not on that level theyre shite.

Is Kirk worth that kinda $ ?absolutely not. Not many are.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

But he's not that good... He's not $24-25M that good! He's just not. Is he terrible? No. He's not even that bad but he's also not good.

He's very very average and he's a guy who will fold under pressure every time as he has in his career so far.

And my point should be taken in the context that he's not a top 5 or even 10 QB and yet he is going to get paid maybe as a top 3 guy. So on that basis yes he is going to be compared with the elite guys whether that's fair or not. Same would be done with Wentz. 

10 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But he's not that good... He's not $24-25M that good! He's just not. Is he terrible? No. He's not even that bad but he's also not good.

He's very very average and he's a guy who will fold under pressure every time as he has in his career so far.

And my point should be taken in the context that he's not a top 5 or even 10 QB and yet he is going to get paid maybe as a top 3 guy. So on that basis yes he is going to be compared with the elite guys whether that's fair or not. Same would be done with Wentz. 

Fair enough mate. 😉

14 minutes ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

Fair enough wanker. 😉

FYP   :ph34r:  

:excited: :whistle:

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

FYP   :ph34r:  

:excited: :whistle:

U wot m8? Ain u a sheep shagging skallywag aint ya?

ill fok u up i swer on me mum ye bloody chav coont.

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

U wot m8? Ain u a sheep shagging skallywag aint ya?

ill fok u up i swer on me mum ye bloody chav coont.

your mum is a chav  , you cheeky lil tw at 

3 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

your mum is a chav  , you cheeky lil tw at 

Oi look there’s a chav
That means council housed and violent
He’s got a hoodie on give him a hug
On second thoughts don’t you don’t wanna get mugged
Oh crap too late that was kinda dumb
Whose idea was that stupid

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oi look there’s a chav
That means council housed and violent
He’s got a hoodie on give him a hug
On second thoughts don’t you don’t wanna get mugged
Oh crap too late that was kinda dumb
Whose idea was that stupid

Burberry and Adidas dont match well  ;)

12 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

Burberry and Adidas dont match well  ;)

Adidas you say?

hqdefault.jpg

On 2/18/2017 at 8:00 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Off the top of my head, this early, I can't name any team that gave up two first round picks since the franchise tag system was adopted. I seem to think it has happened, but I just can't think of when (if it happened at all).

In 1998, Sean Gilbert signed with the Panthers, who sent the Redskins two first round picks.

11 hours ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

He has the same career passer rating as Matt Ryan.

He is worth 20 million a year if Bradford is worth 15.

1 person likes this

On 2/24/2017 at 10:40 PM, NE.Jon said:

While the Eagles are on the rise , the Foreskins are letting FO crap the bed and sink into the NFCE Basement . Skins football is so bad they actually thought 2015 meant something when in reality  they just sucked the least  in a year the Divison was a mess.  Even your players bought into it .... Which idiot claimed they owned the East like 3 games into the season lol.  

Right now it does not matter what the skins do because every choice will mess them up one way or the other . 

The pay kirk they lose .... the let kirk walk they lose ..... They have there two best WRS hitting FA they lose ....   JR the offenses heart and soul is one hit away from retirement .... New WR Doc cant stay on the field . Defense is a mess and they have a over paid CB that they would not even let cover OBGYN  LOL 

*yawn*

We'll still finish higher than the Eagles and will probably sweep you, again, for a third season in a row. 

On 2/25/2017 at 4:04 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So you commit something like 15% of your cap space to a guy who's just above average? And even then for me that's a stretch. But if I accept that he's just above average then how can anyone pay him Andrew Luck money? 

Because Andrew Luck himself, is simply above average. I'm sick of people calling it "Andrew Luck money", Luck better be glad his overrated a** is getting "Andrew Luck money." At some point in time, the FO is going to stop getting blamed for him throwing INTs into double coverage. 

Regardless, there is no guarantee you can get a better player than Kirk. So you roll with what you got. He's improved in each season as a starter, and if that defense was even average he'd been in the playoffs. 

On 2/25/2017 at 7:22 PM, nipples said:
CMP%
YDS
TD
INT
Rating

Those are damn good numbers, it's not like he's only torching the Eagles sorry secondary. Nearly 5000 yards last year and a better than 2:1 TD to INT ratio.

How dare you bring facts into this discussion?! Get out! Let them continue pretending everything that has to do with Cousins is bad. Sign him? Let's laugh about it. Don't sign him? Let's laugh even harder. Yeah, ok lol. 

On 2/26/2017 at 1:51 PM, NE.Jon said:

He was fine in the redzone during 2015. Last year was more about Sean McVay not being able to call anything that wasn't 100% obvious, then about Kirk. The lack of a running game can't be understated. You can't be one-dimensional on a shortened field. 

45 minutes ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

*yawn*

We'll still finish higher than the Eagles and will probably sweep you, again, for a third season in a row. 

40 minutes ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

Because Andrew Luck himself, is simply above average. I'm sick of people calling it "Andrew Luck money", Luck better be glad his overrated a** is getting "Andrew Luck money." At some point in time, the FO is going to stop getting blamed for him throwing INTs into double coverage. 

Regardless, there is no guarantee you can get a better player than Kirk. So you roll with what you got. He's improved in each season as a starter, and if that defense was even average he'd been in the playoffs. 

35 minutes ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

How dare you bring facts into this discussion?! Get out! Let them continue pretending everything that has to do with Cousins is bad. Sign him? Let's laugh about it. Don't sign him? Let's laugh even harder. Yeah, ok lol. 

32 minutes ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

He was fine in the redzone during 2015. Last year was more about Sean McVay not being able to call anything that wasn't 100% obvious, then about Kirk. The lack of a running game can't be understated. You can't be one-dimensional on a shortened field. 

Keep telling yourself that . Cant really go off last year of chip or first year of a Rookie HC/ QB combo . Besides you have history on your side Danny boy will mess ,up no on ever worries about the redskins .  

btw see how multi quote post works ?

Part of me wants them to give him a mega contract because it'd be hilarious but then the other part wants him gone since he seems to own us

Maybe it'll be different when Schwartz gets his corners and we get some help on the Dline? I dunno

1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Part of me wants them to give him a mega contract because it'd be hilarious but then the other part wants him gone since he seems to own us

Maybe it'll be different when Schwartz gets his corners and we get some help on the Dline? I dunno

To be fair buddy he's owned us for what two years? When our defense certainly in his first full year was absolutely awful! So yeah I will give things another year with further pieces to see where we get to. Cousins doesn't scare me despite his record against us. He's played against an awful Eagles defense for the most part. 

1 person likes this

On 2/24/2017 at 7:40 PM, NE.Jon said:

The pay kirk they lose .... the let kirk walk they lose ..... They have there two best WRS hitting FA they lose ....   JR the offenses heart and soul is one hit away from retirement .... New WR Doc cant stay on the field . Defense is a mess and they have a over paid CB that they would not even let cover OBGYN  LOL 

Not really. Not paying Kirk, they can afford one of those WRs. They win if they let Kirk walk. 

On 2/25/2017 at 1:09 AM, L.E. said:

Like I said it's either that or have someone like Sanchez. Or step in ish in the draft like Dallas did but that's not very likely.

Saying that is like accepting mediocrity. like It's also like saying Eagles should've signed Bradford to a long term deal because there was no one better and not get Carson Wentz.

On 2/25/2017 at 1:11 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But maybe they can bring in a guy who's just steady and not going to cost as much? Until they can find their guy... 

This is what I would do.

On 2/25/2017 at 4:20 PM, nipples said:

I truly don't understand why everyone here is so down on Cousins. He's been pretty damn good the last two years. Sure he's come up small in a few really important games, but overall he's been well above average.

Last game of season where Cousins threw game ending INT is what matters here. He couldn't win game for them and go to Playoffs. They were in Giants territory and got them where they wanted them, and Cousins blew it.

4 hours ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

Sometimes you got to take chances. Eagles decided to get Carson Wentz instead of signing Sam Bradford to a long term deal, and I think it's right call. 

LOL OK, tell me, who is the upgrade for next year?

2 hours ago, L.E. said:

LOL OK, tell me, who is the upgrade for next year?

They can get similar, if not, better, performance out of Nick Foles, and he would be much cheaper.

It seems that Washington is almost willing to throw in the towel in '17 and possibly start a rebuild......AGAIN lol.

But when you look at their team as a whole, their defense sucks and needs talent, BAD. They are losing Jackson and Garcon, so that leaves an unproven Doctson, an always unhealthy Reed, a washed up Vernon Davis and a potential good WR in Crowder. And the biggest piece of the puzzle (Cousins) sounds like he won't be back either. Why would Cosuins want to come back with (2) of his biggest weapons leaving.  

So why would Washington invest in anything this year besides the draft when losing players like that? I see them rebuilding and possibly targeting QB via the draft and starting all over. It's really the only logical way given the poopfest they have created.  

1 person likes this