Jason1978

Kirk Cousins wants out of Washington?

148 posts in this topic

He probably knows that the best and easiest way out of this that does his image the most good (or least harm) is to play out this year in Washington, make the best of it and then next year he can go where he wants. 

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He probably knows that the best and easiest way out of this that does his image the most good (or least harm) is to play out this year in Washington, make the best of it and then next year he can go where he wants. 

Yea, he's actually sitting pretty nice, between last year and this years tag he's made like 43M and still his biggest contract is yet to come.

1 person likes this

Just now, cowboy_ron said:

Yea, he's actually sitting pretty nice, between last year and this years tag he's made like 43M and still his biggest contract is yet to come.

Exactly... And if he just gets his head down, does what's needed of him on the field then he's going to get paid big next year! He's going to probably get the biggest QB contract in NFL history from the Niners. He's sitting damn pretty. 

1 person likes this

Latest on Captain Kirk as of noon today...

Chick Hernandez of CSN Mid-Atlantic reports Kirk Cousins will not negotiate a long-term deal with the Redskins as long as Bruce Allen remains team president.

Hernandez went on to say Cousins' viewpoint of Allen and the way the situation with ex-GM Scot McCloughan was handled is shared by "most of the players." Surprisingly, employees seem to take umbrage when their boss publicly flogs a different employee with rumors which may or may not be true. While Cousins looks destined to stick around in Washington this season, it seems all but certain he will bolt next spring, leaving the Redskins without the quality talent evaluator they ran out of town and a franchise quarterback. This is fine.

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

The Skins are going nowhere next year. The other three teams in the division are better. Trade Cousins and reboot the franchise. 

That's an opposing fans take, interested in what Skins fans think. NIBGoldenchild?

We're dead. I'd agree about rebuilding, but not with Gruden as HC and not with Bruce Allen running personnel. 

Kirk has all the leverage, and he won't sign a ltd with Bruce running things. Allen ran thing solo in 2014 and the team was a mess. Snyder has this nostalgia thing going, where he basically allows anyone that reminds him of his childhood watching a quality franchise to whatever they want. But Bruce is not his father, he's a ****, bitter GM who hired a quality scout to evaluate talent and had the audacity to do it well. 

We will finish 4th in the division in 2017 and the foreseeable future as long as Allen is running things. 

1 person likes this

And if the report by Chick Hernandez is true, you would think Snyder would get the hint and fire Bruce. The best free agents won't want to sign in D.C., and you're never going to get another talent evaluator on McCloughan's level with Allen still employed. But Snyder won't do anything. 

3 minutes ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

And if the report by Chick Hernandez is true, you would think Snyder would get the hint and fire Bruce. The best free agents won't want to sign in D.C., and you're never going to get another talent evaluator on McCloughan's level with Allen still employed. But Snyder won't do anything. 

Cousins is a goner now or next year. It's going to be hard for the Skins to trade him after tagging him because he is not worth a 1st at all plus the Niners signed Hoyer, who they seem to want to start. I also thought I read that new Niner Pierre Garcon wasn't a big fan of Cousins. Of course if you can't trade him he is a 1 year rental...a very expensive one. They lost Garcon and Jackson so and I believe Crowder is the only player on the roster who played in 2016 (Doctson has potential as he was a 1st rd pick). Either way they are screwed big time. Hey there is always RGIII...he is avaiable! I too agree with Gruden. 21-26-1 and they extended him to 2020?? I heard Michael Wilboun say this was pretty much done because Cousins likes Gruden

8 minutes ago, Jason1978 said:

I too agree with Gruden. 21-26-1 and they extended him to 2020?? I heard Michael Wilboun say this was pretty much done because Cousins likes Gruden

Yeah, it was about the only reason. I don't blame Gruden for taking it, despite it not meaning much. Another hint that it was just done for Kirk's benefit, is if you really wanted to extend Jay you would've done it when the season ended. That way you could've had a better chance at landing Wade Philips or Gus Bradley, who wouldn't want to be DC over a team where the HC may be fired once the season ends. Almost no HCs go into their final season without an extension being made or being fired. And with our lack of talent, a good DC would want at least two years to turn the unit around. 

1 person likes this

Good for Cousins for milking the team for $44 million in two years and still getting a shot and big guaranteed money in 2018. I wouldn't want to sign long term either with Allen calling the shots. He made zero effort in trying to bring back at least one guy from Garcon and Jackson. Now he has to, for now, work with Crowder and Doctson.

Appears Cousins is going to stay in DC according to NFL Network and the Redskins just signed Terrelle Pryor to a 1 year, $8 million deal 

1 minute ago, Jason1978 said:

Appears Cousins is going to stay in DC according to NFL Network and the Redskins just signed Terrelle Pryor to a 1 year, $8 million deal 

Yes he is....for the tag in 2017....smart move by him to go ahead and take the 24M, then hit FA next year to go where he wants to go.

9 minutes ago, cowboy_ron said:

Yes he is....for the tag in 2017....smart move by him to go ahead and take the 24M, then hit FA next year to go where he wants to go.

yup he holds all the cards now . their FO screwed the pooch . Although he better push for trade after losing Djax and Garcon .  TP is not even close to the players they are  and J Reed is one hit from being brain dead 

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, cowboy_ron said:

I wish I was smart enough to settle for 24M.

3 hours ago, Mortimer said:

lol, yea, it was a tough decision but he finally got around to signing it

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, cowboy_ron said:

lol, yea, it was a tough decision but he finally got around to signing it

They better trade him or they risk getting absolutely nothing for him . There is almost for sure no way he stays for 2018 season after the FO not paying for the prove it year . He now holds all the cards  and Im sure loving it . The skins can tag him again  but I think its like 30 somthing million .... so that would be 74 million in 3 years .  or he just walks to whatever team he wants and skins lose out.  I have a feeling skins will screw that up as well , also does Kirk want ot be there after losing his 2 top WRs ?  Even Kirk knows they are a big reason for his great stats , he cant count on j Reed .... one more concussion and he is eating meals through a straw for rest of his days .  

Well Kirk is not smartest cookie either .... the You Like that , which he tried to trade mark .  That was after beating the  Bucs  who went 6-10 thats year LOL

1 hour ago, NE.Jon said:

They better trade him or they risk getting absolutely nothing for him . There is almost for sure no way he stays for 2018 season after the FO not paying for the prove it year . He now holds all the cards  and Im sure loving it . The skins can tag him again  but I think its like 30 somthing million .... so that would be 74 million in 3 years .  or he just walks to whatever team he wants and skins lose out.  I have a feeling skins will screw that up as well , also does Kirk want ot be there after losing his 2 top WRs ?  Even Kirk knows they are a big reason for his great stats , he cant count on j Reed .... one more concussion and he is eating meals through a straw for rest of his days .  

Well Kirk is not smartest cookie either .... the You Like that , which he tried to trade mark .  That was after beating the  Bucs  who went 6-10 thats year LOL

He'll walk next year after collecting 44M the last two years and the skins will get a 3rd round comp pick in 2019.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/14/kirk-cousins-never-demanded-a-trade-from-washington-owner/

Kirk Cousins clearly isn’t thrilled with being hit with the franchise tag two years in a row.

But he said a recent conversation with owner Dan Snyder was not to demand a trade, but to get a sense of the direction of the franchise.

While that assumes there is one, Cousins said on Adam Schefter of ESPN’s podcast that he asked Snyder if he was going to be traded, but Snyder told him they wanted to keep him there. And that fell well short of the report he asked for a trade, which Cousins learned about while shoe shopping with his wife.

"I laughed and thought, ‘I don’t know where that comes from because that wasn’t the case,'” Cousins said. "Somehow it got twisted to where an employee of the store is using the word demanded. That’s not the approach I took. . . .

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:02 AM, Mortimer said:

I'm smart enough to settle for it, I just can't find anyone stupid enough to give it to me.

2 people like this

22 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Not signed in

Not signed in

my understanding he is looking for around 25 mil a year 5 years with 75-80 guaranteed .  No way in hell is a average QB wort h that much . But Im all for skins paying him . They go from one disaster to the next .  I truly believe the Skins are worse then the Browns . Browns are just unlucky but at least want to win 

3 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

my understanding he is looking for around 25 mil a year 5 years with 75-80 guaranteed .  No way in hell is a average QB wort h that much . But Im all for skins paying him . They go from one disaster to the next .  I truly believe the Skins are worse then the Browns . Browns are just unlucky but at least want to win 

If I'm Redskins, I wouldn't give him that. That's crazy for someone like Cousins. He's not worth it. Look at second Giants game last year. He couldn't get it done. Giants had nothing to play for. Redskins had Giants where they wanted them(on their heels): down 3, Redskins moving, in Giants territory with a real chance to tie or win game, and then an INT to end Redskins season. Before that point: redzone INT. Mostly this game tells me he isn't worth it. Year before, he and Redskins made Playoffs in 2015 because Chip Kelly is a horrible coach. Flacco actually got job done and won a Super Bowl and got paid as a result. I would go after RG III, Kaepernick, Cutler, look at other Redskins QBs, or a draft pick before I would give Cousins this kind of contract. I would let him walk. 

Look at Eagles: Last year, they had Sam Bradford. Did they sign him to a long term deal and be happy with mediocrity at QB and be afraid they won't find someone better? No. They signed Bradford to a short term deal and traded up to second pick last year and took a chance on a QB that could be great, not average, and then traded Bradford when they saw opportunity to. I see Kirk Cousins as a Sam Bradford but a little better.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/30/scot-mccloughan-speaks-through-michael-robinson/

:roll::roll::roll: LMAO

IF true this pretty much proves that the Skins ARE the worst managed team by far. What a complete joke. I know some won't want to take Robinson's word for it, but then again why would Robinson lie on air? And Robinson does have ties to McCloughan when he was with SEA. 

Scot may not have been the leagues best GM but he did have the Skins making the right decisions based on their sketchy past........but now that's thrown out the window. What a f'ing mess. I would be embarrassed to be s Skins fan right now. 

1 person likes this

Ok riddle me this. McCloughan has a credible track record with the 49ers and Seahawks drafts and FO. Then goes to Washington and all the sudden falls off the wagon? Yet who has been an absolute mess since the late 90s, yes it has been Snyder. And Bruce Allen is a weasel. He gets through the league off of his father's name and Bruce Allen only hit it big during the very early 2000s with the Raiders.

I'm not saying McCloughan is a saint, but his track record is MILES ahead of Synder and Allen combined.

I miss "The Hogs" with their piggy noses & dresses. That was a hoot!   :lol:

On 4/2/2017 at 3:07 PM, McNabbIsGone said:

I miss "The Hogs" with their piggy noses & dresses. That was a hoot!   :lol:

Are they all dead?  They didn't look healthy 35 years ago.  Twenty years ago they looked "old".