Jason1978

Kirk Cousins wants out of Washington?

148 posts in this topic

On 3/31/2017 at 7:23 PM, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Ok riddle me this. McCloughan has a credible track record with the 49ers and Seahawks drafts and FO. Then goes to Washington and all the sudden falls off the wagon? Yet who has been an absolute mess since the late 90s, yes it has been Snyder. And Bruce Allen is a weasel. He gets through the league off of his father's name and Bruce Allen only hit it big during the very early 2000s with the Raiders.

I'm not saying McCloughan is a saint, but his track record is MILES ahead of Synder and Allen combined.

While many Eagle fans accuse Jeff Lurie of putting an Eagles team "just good enough" to put people in the seats, Daniel Snyder is completely insane.  

Snyder loves chaos, and it's obvious he's in the wrong profession as an NFL owner.  Great NFL owners love consistency, long term coaches/GM's, and a progression to winning more games under stability.  Snyder just can't pull that off.  The only head coach who tamed Snyder for four seasons was his "idol" Joe Gibbs.  Yet even Gibbs knew this wasn't the old days with Jack Kent Cooke, and Bobby Beathard as GM.  Sean Taylor's murder was a convenient way of Gibbs leaving the Redskins a second time.  

If I were McCloughan, with a former drinking problem, I wouldn't blame him for falling off the wagon under a Snyder regime in Washington.  Daniel Snyder is George Steinbrenner without championships.

2 people like this

On February 18, 2017 at 4:53 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If Cousins leaves I actually think that's bad for the Eagles. I know he's had our number for the past few years but he's not a good QB! And yes in the short term maybe that would hurt Washington who could end up with a worse QB but it would force them to find a franchise QB and that in the long term would make them better. Plus the money that cousins seemingly wants is going to screw whoever he signs for. I'd rather that he Washington and we'll see what he can do next year with potentially no Garcon or DJax! 

How in the world do you come up with "he's not a good QB"??

36 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

How in the world do you come up with "he's not a good QB"??

Because I don't believe he is? That's where I come up with that. I don't base my opinion purely off of stats. He's playing in a team that has been loaded with offensive weapons. A team that has players catching in large volumes. 

And when the pressure is on? And when he's playing against a good team? Yeah he messes it up and doesn't perform. 

2 people like this

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Because I don't believe he is? That's where I come up with that. I don't base my opinion purely off of stats. He's playing in a team that has been loaded with offensive weapons. A team that has players catching in large volumes. 

And when the pressure is on? And when he's playing against a good team? Yeah he messes it up and doesn't perform. 

You can believe whatever you want, doesn't make you right though. Statistics don't tell the whole story, but you can't throw them completely out the window and cherrypick certain games to call him a bad QB. It's just dishonest and not a good look. 

2 hours ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

You can believe whatever you want, doesn't make you right though. Statistics don't tell the whole story, but you can't throw them completely out the window and cherrypick certain games to call him a bad QB. It's just dishonest and not a good look. 

He is a Average QB  " not a bad thing " that wants to be paid like he is  the GOAT . He seems to lose against playoff teams ...  He will lose you as many as he will win . Past 2 seasons 9-7  || 8-7-1   barely  over .500 .   He does not make the players around him look better , they make him look better. Now he has lost two 1k yard receivers in one FA.. So we have to wait a bit to see how that turns out .  He is by far the best QB Skins have had in 25 years .... but  he is not worth gimping the team and keep having .500 record just missing playoffs  .

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

You believe he's worth $25M/year? He's not  Look back at week 17 Game against Giants. They game was VERY winnable, but Kirk Cousins screwed that up. That's why Redskins aren't giving him $25M/year. He's not THAT good. He's not an Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, or not even a Joe Flacco. Look at what Aaron Rodgers did against Cowboys in 4th quarter: he put Packers in FG range and pulled out a victory.

2 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

He is a Average QB  " not a bad thing " that wants to be paid like he is  the GOAT . He seems to lose against playoff teams ...  He will lose you as many as he will win . Past 2 seasons 9-7  || 8-7-1   barely  over .500 .   He does not make the players around him look better , they make him look better. Now he has lost two 1k yard receivers in one FA.. So we have to wait a bit to see how that turns out .  He is by far the best QB Skins have had in 25 years .... but  he is not worth gimping the team and keep having .500 record just missing playoffs  .

That's one way of looking at it, another way is if he had even a decent defense he'd have a better record the last two years. Saying his weapons made him, instead of the other way around is ignoring a large amount of evidence that contradicts your argument. No one was talking about how good Pierre Garcon was until Kirk became the starter. Desean is a one trick pony. Neither one of them are perennial 1k yard WRs, so stop beating that drum like it's really an accurate representation of their abilities. Both WRs will likely not reach the same receiving yards totals in San Fran and Tampa. Stop overstating their contributions in order to color Kirk in a bad light.

I absolutely agree that he hasn't looked good in games late in the season. He has played well in pressure games the last two seasons, but they were all mid-season games. It's part of the reason why he is not an elite QB, but I will also mention that Matt Ryan was viewed in much the same way prior to last season. He is still young enough to grow. 

16 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

You believe he's worth $25M/year? He's not  Look back at week 17 Game against Giants. They game was VERY winnable, but Kirk Cousins screwed that up. That's why Redskins aren't giving him $25M/year. He's not THAT good. He's not an Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, or not even a Joe Flacco. Look at what Aaron Rodgers did against Cowboys in 4th quarter: he put Packers in FG range and pulled out a victory.

He is not worth $25M/year. Yet we actually don't know what he's asking. His agent hasn't made any counter offers to the team, and they've only stated the offers made last season and this season weren't close. Last season's offer was $16M/year, this year's initial offer is $20M/year, and there was a second offer made a few weeks ago that hasn't been responded to yet. No one knows what the numbers were on that one. If he wants 25M/year than I'm all for drafting a QB to sit behind him and letting him walk next off-season. But anywhere in the 22-23M range is the highest they should go, IMO. What also needs to be understood is over time, his contract will take up a smaller percentage of the overall team cap. Matt Ryan's contract initially took up 16.7% of their cap the first year, and last season only took up 12.9%. 

Rodgers, Brady, and Flacco(he's better than Flacco) have a lot more games under their belt than Kirk. And I think Kirk is, at least, a top 10 QB in this league, and deserves the opportunity to grow. Neither Rodgers or Brady were significantly better than Kirk is at the same stage of their career. Cousins will never reach their level, but you don't absolutely need a HoF QB to win in this league. Something I've noticed with NFL fanbases is this HoFer or bust mentality. Literally every starting QB is compared to Peyton, Brady, Brees, and Rodgers, and when they don't live up to expectations...which is all of them, they're considered trash and replaceable. If you have just a good QB, you need to roll with him. Kirk, in the last two seasons, has performed better than any Redskins QB since Theismann. That is pretty sad considering how bad the previous QBs were, and at least a good statement about his capabilities in the future. 

19 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Cousins' has the same "yips" as Tony Romo.  When it's crunch time late in the season, or if the playoffs are on the line, Cousins' breaks down. That's why the Redskins don't want to give him a long term contract.  So the Redskins hold a gun to Cousins' head for a another year, and paid him a decent salary. Cousins' signed the deal.  How much incentive does Cousins' has to play for a team that doesn't want him long-term, but holds him hostage over money? We all remember how the TO soap opera ended in 2005. Congratulations to the Washington Redskins for signing a franchise tag QB at market value only for him to daydream the entire 2017 season.   Cousins' must have Tony Bennett on his portable listening device.   

When a player doesn't want to be in their current location, they usually half-a** it, and will not put up the previous numbers in past seasons.  Washington would be smart to deal Cousins' now, to avoid embarrassment during the regular season. 

On 4/10/2017 at 6:57 PM, NIBGoldenchild said:

That's one way of looking at it, another way is if he had even a decent defense he'd have a better record the last two years. Saying his weapons made him, instead of the other way around is ignoring a large amount of evidence that contradicts your argument. No one was talking about how good Pierre Garcon was until Kirk became the starter. Desean is a one trick pony. Neither one of them are perennial 1k yard WRs, so stop beating that drum like it's really an accurate representation of their abilities. Both WRs will likely not reach the same receiving yards totals in San Fran and Tampa. Stop overstating their contributions in order to color Kirk in a bad light.

I absolutely agree that he hasn't looked good in games late in the season. He has played well in pressure games the last two seasons, but they were all mid-season games. It's part of the reason why he is not an elite QB, but I will also mention that Matt Ryan was viewed in much the same way prior to last season. He is still young enough to grow. 

He is not worth $25M/year. Yet we actually don't know what he's asking. His agent hasn't made any counter offers to the team, and they've only stated the offers made last season and this season weren't close. Last season's offer was $16M/year, this year's initial offer is $20M/year, and there was a second offer made a few weeks ago that hasn't been responded to yet. No one knows what the numbers were on that one. If he wants 25M/year than I'm all for drafting a QB to sit behind him and letting him walk next off-season. But anywhere in the 22-23M range is the highest they should go, IMO. What also needs to be understood is over time, his contract will take up a smaller percentage of the overall team cap. Matt Ryan's contract initially took up 16.7% of their cap the first year, and last season only took up 12.9%. 

Rodgers, Brady, and Flacco(he's better than Flacco) have a lot more games under their belt than Kirk. And I think Kirk is, at least, a top 10 QB in this league, and deserves the opportunity to grow. Neither Rodgers or Brady were significantly better than Kirk is at the same stage of their career. Cousins will never reach their level, but you don't absolutely need a HoF QB to win in this league. Something I've noticed with NFL fanbases is this HoFer or bust mentality. Literally every starting QB is compared to Peyton, Brady, Brees, and Rodgers, and when they don't live up to expectations...which is all of them, they're considered trash and replaceable. If you have just a good QB, you need to roll with him. Kirk, in the last two seasons, has performed better than any Redskins QB since Theismann. That is pretty sad considering how bad the previous QBs were, and at least a good statement about his capabilities in the future. 

Dude djax is in fact a perennial 1k wr. I don't even like the guy but, he has hit more 1k seasons then he hasn't. 

13 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Dude djax is in fact a perennial 1k wr. I don't even like the guy but, he has hit more 1k seasons then he hasn't. 

trying to explain something to a Redskins fan is like asking what women want . .... Who the F knows and why bother wasting time :D 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, NE.Jon said:

trying to explain something to a Redskins fan is like asking what women want . .... Who the F knows and why bother wasting time :D 

Still better then talking to RTK

1 person likes this

While you two are circle jerking each other in your echo chamber, reality and facts show DJax has only broke 1k 55% of his career. You can't count on him doing it again next season. 

Yes those years his crappy yards of 912 , 961 yards sucked ...... only 2 years in his career did he have horrible yards  2012  where he only played i thik 10 games he got 700 yards  which also was The worst year eagles had in a long time .... same year Andy got fired before end of season .... Then his worst season Ever ... what a suprise as a redstink 500 yards  but it was also 10 games  but to make matters worse he only got target  49 times  ... that was also a career low .  So if you count those two 900 Yard pluses agaisnt him you really are an idiot .   Try actually knowing something about a player instead of just reading the Exterme Thin Skins MB

.... Why are all redskins fans that come here the same .  They make stupid comments based on nothing ... then when you respond they go into hiding for weeks until hopefully people forget 

5 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

Yes those years his crappy yards of 912 , 961 yards sucked ...... only 2 years in his career did he have horrible yards  2012  where he only played i thik 10 games he got 700 yards  which also was The worst year eagles had in a long time .... same year Andy got fired before end of season .... Then his worst season Ever ... what a suprise as a redstink 500 yards  but it was also 10 games  but to make matters worse he only got target  49 times  ... that was also a career low .  So if you cant those two 900 Yard pluses agaisnt him you really are an idiot .   Try actually knowing something about a player instead of just reading the Externe Thin Skins MB

I was gonna throw some stats at him as well but, I figured he was depressed because the skins lost all it's weapons and they will be back to the cellar.

13 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

.... Why are all redskins fans that come here the same .  They make stupid comments based on nothing ... then when you respond they go into hiding for weeks until hopefully people forget 

Are we namecalling now? First off, I haven't gone anywhere. And here's a tip, don't call someone an idiot when you can't complete a single sentence, moron. 

Was the mark 1,000? Did he reach it in those seasons? Then stfu until you can actually prove me wrong. Hitting 1k isn't even that great of an achievement in this pass happy league. But what would an eagles fan know about that? 

And it's hilarious you bring up extremeskins in nearly every post about the redskins. LOL!!! They must've really bent you over and did you raw. Considering the lack of IQ you've shown here it's no surprise. 

11 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I was gonna throw some stats at him as well but, I figured he was depressed because the skins lost all it's weapons and they will be back to the cellar.

You weren't going to throw anything. What I said about Desean was accurate, you and your neantheral just didn't like it. It doesn't mean Desean isn't a great threat to have. He will open things up for that offense as a good complementary #2 to Mike Evans. But the Skins passing attack will be just fine. And like last year, when you all predicted we'd be in the cellar, that spot will be reserved for your team once again( no shade there, I think you guys will be a lot more competitive in 2018). 

14 minutes ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

Are we namecalling now? First off, I haven't gone anywhere. And here's a tip, don't call someone an idiot when you can't complete a single sentence, moron. 

Was the mark 1,000? Did he reach it in those seasons? Then stfu until you can actually prove me wrong. Hitting 1k isn't even that great of an achievement in this pass happy league. But what would an eagles fan know about that? 

And it's hilarious you bring up extremeskins in nearly every post about the redskins. LOL!!! They must've really bent you over and did you raw. Considering the lack of IQ you've shown here it's no surprise. 

Stupid is, is stupid does?  God, you just prove my point even more ....  even if I wanted ... you are too stupid to insult ..... There was no name calling, but being a delusion Foreskins fan you see what you want.  This is not the Extreme Skins MB ... You won't be coddled/ babied and protected like you are over there ..... You realize on that MB they ban other teams Fans for posting anywhere but the Around the NFL  ... the reason they state ... that the members are too sensitive and get upset. Again you have proven this to be correct 

11 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

Stupid is, is stupid does?  God, you just prove my point even more ....  even if I wanted ... you are too stupid to insult ..... There was no name calling, but being a delusion Foreskins fan you see what you want.  This is not the Extreme Skins MB ... You won't be coddled/ babied and protected like you are over there ..... You realize on that MB they ban other teams Fans for posting anywhere but the Around the NFL  ... the reason they state ... that the members are too sensitive and get upset. Again you have proven this to be correct 

You're so pathetic you don't even remember what you post. 

"you really are an idiot" is what you wrote further up on this page. And nah, I don't need to be coddled. I come here for good conversation and debate, unfortunately you're too dumb to provide either of those. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

You're so pathetic you don't even remember what you post. 

"you really are an idiot" is what you wrote further up on this page. And nah, I don't need to be coddled. I come here for good conversation and debate, unfortunately you're too dumb to provide either of those. 

LOL you are the only one doing any name calling ..... Being a idiot is not... its a statement of your delusional posts .  But thank you again for proving me right ....

If Cousins went to the Texans they would be competing for a Super Bowl. Sucks for them both. 

3 hours ago, mihailo said:

If Cousins went to the Texans they would be competing for a Super Bowl. Sucks for them both. 

Image result for super bowl Pot pipe

3 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

Image result for super bowl Pot pipe

I'm not suggesting Cousins is a great QB. Simply I believe Texans need a good enough playmaker to be competitive and they haven't even got that. If they had a top 15-20 QB that team is competitive. You must agree with me as you deemed him average.

Clearly the person who did the spelling in that gif is also doing it right.