BigEd76

Rams returning to white horns, asking fans to vote on facemask and new pants

Which combination goes best?   36 members have voted

1. 1. Which facemask and pants combo goes best?

• AA (navy facemask, thick line on pants)
    • AB (navy facemask, thin lines on pants)
    • BA (white facemask, thick line on pants)
    • BB (white facemask, thin lines on pants)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 posts in this topic

C53snHSXQAAT5fQ.jpg

600xnew-pants-vote.jpg

andy-reid.jpg

:lol:

After Labor Day??!!! 

What a complete fashion faux paux.

3 people like this

I know right omg

:roll:

AB

A return (sort of) to their traditional colors pre-1974.

Personally, I would have returned to the uniforms worn from 1974-'99.  

3 people like this

I actually like the helmet.  

1 person likes this

AA just to differentiate at least a little from the Colts.  I guess they do this because they had the same color scheme as Chargers?

They were planning to go back to just navy/white when they moved last year (the walls and endzones were navy/white only).  In 2019 they're redesigning the jerseys too, so there won't be any gold (or yellow) at all

2 people like this

I grew up with the Rams with white horns. (They also wore white at home, like the Cowboys.) The switch to the yellow circa 1974 was strange to me. The gold they went to after winning the Super Bowl was weird too.

So I actually like this, although it will probably take some time getting used to.

BA. Maybe AA just so horns stand out. 

I support the return to white horns on blue helmet. I like the white facemask and double stripes on pants.

I guess I'm the only one who thought that the blue and gold was kind of nice.  It was certainly a little more unique than blue and white, or some form of blue with yellow.

1 person likes this

BA is the winning combination! :D

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 6:59 PM, BigEd76 said:

andy-reid.jpg

:lol:

Hard to believe that Andy's a year younger than the kid behind him there... :huh: 

4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Hard to believe that Andy's a year younger than the kid behind him there... :huh: 

He's not. The way the contest worked was, they had two kids of each age group from the ages of eight through thirteen. (Or was it fifteen? I forget now.) There were two different lines, one on each hash mark. The one eight year old would throw (or kick or punt) the ball, and then the same aged kid at the other hash mark would do the same. Then the nine year olds would step up and do it. And so on down the line.

The pic here is only showing the moment when it's Andy's turn. The little eight year old kid next to him is just waiting there to start the next cycle. He was not competing against Andy. He was competing against the other unseen eight year old at the other hash mark. 

2 people like this

That's a lot of white.

I liked AA.

45 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

He's not.

I know, I was kidding.

2 people like this

I actually though the blue and gold was a really cool idea for the first few years, it was like the Rams won the Super Bowl and suddenly went to Gold Edition as a result.

Those days when the Rams were good as gold are far over now though, so yes it was time for a change. (I prefer Blue and Yellow, but w/e. I just hope the Eagles never go with -their- early 70s look, for the White Helmet Eagles were horrible horrible teams.)

They need to go back to the blue and yellow 

I'm all for the white horns - but only if they change the rest of the uniform. When they wore the white-horned helmet for that Thursday Night game this past season, it didn't look right with the current uniform. Plus, their current all-white look isn't very compelling anyway, neither is their all-blue look. I'd even argue that their look since the 2000 season makeover (switching to gold instead of yellow) has been a mistake. On top of that, going all-blue and all-white makes it even worse. When they wear the blue pants with the white jersey, the look improves, and the blue jersey/white pants look isn't bad. But they need to get away from the current gold and either go back to blue-white or the blue-yellow.

1 person likes this

I actually really like these jerseys. 

9 hours ago, Marinomanx013 said:

I actually really like these jerseys. 

Same. Didn't mind the gold/blue ones either though.

The old yellow/blue ones were pretty ugly though, in my opinion.

21 hours ago, rocketman44 said:

I'm all for the white horns - but only if they change the rest of the uniform. ... they need to get away from the current gold and either go back to blue-white or the blue-yellow.

On 3/1/2017 at 8:57 PM, BigEd76 said:

In 2019 they're redesigning the jerseys too, so there won't be any gold (or yellow) at all

1 person likes this

I don't think they should change them at all.  The uniforms that they've had look good.  I like them.  IMO, these new pictures would be clear downgrades.

But since I'm not a Rams fan, I don't really care.  They can do what they want.