Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Celebrating Every Win, Even In A Coin Flip

197 posts in this topic

Every win matters in the NFL, so the Coin Flip Seen Around The World on Friday that gave the Eagles the 14th pick in April’s NFL draft instead of the 15th pick was a moment to celebrate ...

View the full article

Great that we won the flip. Looking at what we gave up for Wentz to see where we are now is pretty good.

2 people like this

Still on the fence regarding Cooks. The more I read the more I question whether he's a true #1, thinking not. On one hand the Saints are pretty pass happy and spread it around. On the other hand defenders weren't targeting him as the #1 and wonder w/ his lack of height if he'd get open vs #1 defenders.

Then there's the "reportedly" unhappiness when he's not targeted and wanted "his" numbers, not the teams' - we need team guys. Think I just talked myself into not worth our 1st rd pick.

Still on the fence regarding Cooks. The more I read the more I question whether he's a true #1, thinking not. On one hand the Saints are pretty pass happy and spread it around. On the other hand defenders weren't targeting him as the #1 and wonder w/ his lack of height if he'd get open vs #1 defenders.

Then there's the "reportedly" unhappiness when he's not targeted and wanted "his" numbers, not the teams' - we need team guys. Think I just talked myself into not worth our 1st rd pick.

Be happy with a 2nd round pick. That contract though he would be after though. I dont think hes a no.1 WR either.

I don't know any Eagles fan who wants Jackson back.

16 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

I don't see him as a true #1 either but I do see his value and him helping our offense in 3 ways.

1 He opens up the run game cause teams have to respect his speed. 2 He will draw double coverage in our offense opening up the other receivers. 3 Speed kills and gives us a real deep threat every time he is on the field.

Is he worth a our 1st not in my opinion but I would give up a 2nd and packaging picks and/or players for him.

1 person likes this

Damn there some slow 40 times

1 person likes this

But if he can only play the slot and wants to be paid as a top 5 WR, why even bother? Just give Cleveland a #4 and swap 1st round picks. No way both Davis and Williams are gone at #12.... Plus, if both are available at 12 you sit put and take the one left...

I don't know any Eagles fan who wants Jackson back.

I wouldnt mind him back. But theres other options out there. Being 30 is the only thing that would turn me away from him.

1 person likes this

But if he can only play the slot and wants to be paid as a top 5 WR, why even bother? Just give Cleveland a #4 and swap 1st round picks. No way both Davis and Williams are gone at #12.... Plus, if both are available at 12 you sit put and take the one left...

He can play all over the place. Not just slot. Not sure he will command top 5 but i do understand that thought n i agree. Dont forget JMatt FA too next year.

Corey Davis not competing tomorrow according to Mayock.

Regarding DJax ( and any other player ) it's about value. If the price is right for the band-aid, it would temporarily bring some relief, doesn't solve the problem. We all think we know DJax and think we know what kind of price he'll demand. If he follows that route we simply move on. If he wants to finish his career here, comes in level headed and doesn't ask too much, he'll be more than welcomed.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

That's been known for awhile hurt his ankle training

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Regarding DJax ( and any other player ) it's about value. If the price is right for the band-aid, it would temporarily bring some relief, doesn't solve the problem. We all think we know DJax and think we know what kind of price he'll demand. If he follows that route we simply move on. If he wants to finish his career here, comes in level headed and doesn't ask too much, he'll be more than welcomed.

Not if we get Cooks

1 person likes this

If the Titans are willing to trade one of there #1's, we're out of the Cooks trading game imho. Again it's the value, just don't feel he's a true #1 WR. Maybe a 2nd rd and a player - Kendricks? They want a LB

54 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

He had ankle surgery

Guess who has a formal meeting with the Eagles tonight?

This Guy!!!

Image result for Corey Davis pics

3 people like this

If the Titans are willing to trade one of there #1's, we're out of the Cooks trading game imho. Again it's the value, just don't feel he's a true #1 WR. Maybe a 2nd rd and a player - Kendricks? They want a LB

Cooks' stats are pretty darn impressive for a 23 yr old. I would try to make a deal to get him here. Would not want to give up this year's 1st pick tho... Even if he's not a 'true #1'...I don't care. Dude's avging well over a thousand yds per season and he's young. He's the best available FA WR option behind Terrelle Pryor in my book. Alshon is all about the benjamins and injury prone. I wouldn't mind having Pryor either, but Cooks is a lot younger and more experienced/successful at the position. Kamar Aiken is an interesting prospect. Cheaper and 6'2"/215. He was only targeted 50 times last season for some reason, after a 944 yd season in 2015- he could be a sleeper steal in FA.

Draft- I like the OL from Temple. Dawkins looks good at the combine so far too. Taylor Moton looks the part too. Funny that Jeff Stoutland is running a OL drill at combine...he's getting a 1st hand raw look at these linemen. Need to draft a good one. Thank you NFL combine.

Winning that coin toss is great karma.

If a wide receiver in the first round is the priority of management then the best player available between Corey Davis, Mike Williams, Ross and Cooks is Cooks! How can you say otherwise? If the best player available is what management wants at 14 then all bets are off. Its really all about how the Eagles assign value to the first round.

7 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

If a wide receiver in the first round is the priority of management then the best player available between Corey Davis, Mike Williams, Ross and Cooks is Cooks! How can you say otherwise? If the best player available is what management wants at 14 then all bets are off. Its really all about how the Eagles assign value to the first round.

I would take Davis over Cook

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, downwithdallas said:

To add I believe Caplan said something about it being unlikely the Eagles draft a RB in the 1st.

13 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Justify it to me!

9 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Justify it to me!

Are you talking Cook the RB or Cooks the WR?