Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Celebrating Every Win, Even In A Coin Flip

197 posts in this topic

I'm curious to know what Ag and DGB are doing to improve during the OS. They ought to know if they don't improve under Groh, their careers are in serious jeopardy. Ag's proven he can get open, the hands may be partially mental, another part technique - ie taking his eyes off the ball, running before securing. DGB just looks lazy.

This may sound stupid but I think Agholor should do away with his receiving gloves and try catching the ball bare handed. DGB reminds me of Rueben Randle in some instances. When he knows he isn't getting the ball he is lazy with his route running tipping off the opposing secondary. I have noticed that he runs sharper routes when he is involved in the play. DeSean Jackson used to be that way as well.

Well I'm outta here for a while. Today is my 45th Wedding anniversary. Going away for awhile with my better half. I picked a good one. She doesn't even mind that I'm on the Eagles web site with you guys on our anniversary. LOL

4 people like this

Congrads Wrang! Don't hear many making it to 45th. Congrads to your wife for putting up w/ you that long, lol! Have fun.

1 person likes this

So John Ross ran a 4.22. Can he catch?

He can catch, just can't stay healthy - pass on him.

1 person likes this

He can catch, just can't stay healthy - pass on him.

Yeah. It looked like he pulled up at the end of the 40.

3 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

I'm curious to know what Ag and DGB are doing to improve during the OS. They ought to know if they don't improve under Groh, their careers are in serious jeopardy. Ag's proven he can get open, the hands may be partially mental, another part technique - ie taking his eyes off the ball, running before securing. DGB just looks lazy.

Read that AG has worked out with Wentz a few times this off-season already.....Not sure how true it is but if it is good sign to see AG trying to hone his craft with his QB..... 

6 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Read that AG has worked out with Wentz a few times this off-season already.....Not sure how true it is but if it is good sign to see AG trying to hone his craft with his QB..... 

He has, it's true.

1 person likes this

John Ross could be an amazing talent, but he is way to injury prone....

1 person likes this

I think you guys are missing the obvious with a potential Cooks trade.  JMatt would be a part of the trade. Very potentially directly to the Saints. But also could have strong value to be traded elsewhere. Too many reasons against keeping JMatt if you traded for Cooks. ----Talking first round pick for Cooks is laughable by the way. I can't see giving up a second. Why? Just so you can get in a bidding war next offseason(ala Maclin...that worked out great). Or franchise tag him for a two season rental is the most likely scenario.

Nick that's what I keep thinking about McCaffrey. Or can he hold up? The thing is that each look extremely likely to be good when they are on the field(not injured). That's nothing to sneeze at.

Ross's body just can't hold up to the rigors of this game, be it the physical aspects or his technique. McCaffery is interesting, but not an every down back - we'd still need a RB. He'll create great mismatches, don't think he'll be an Eagle with our needs this yr, esp w/ the depth in the draft this yr. FA Thurs finally! Things will begin to take shape - Howie's up to something unless Joe reigns him in.

However, watching Ross run 4:22 was impressive, McCaffery ran 4:48! Not bad for a Swiss army knife.

That's Leonard Fournette right there! Some may prefer the stud WR. Either way their GM just came out and said if we give a fourth rounder it's ours...if we don't get outbid.

The eagles definitely need to add some speed and big play making ability to the offense and Ross would certainly fit that bill. Not sure if he'll be there @14 now with his combine performance. I also don't think it's a given that the eagles are looking WR with their 1st round pick considering the other needs of the team. A stud RB or CB would be a good pick as well.

I'm BAAAAAACK lol

3 people like this

The eagles definitely need to add some speed and big play making ability to the offense and Ross would certainly fit that bill. Not sure if he'll be there @14 now with his combine performance. I also don't think it's a given that the eagles are looking WR with their 1st round pick considering the other needs of the team. A stud RB or CB would be a good pick as well.

Too inconsistent and seems to get hurt easily.I'll pass

On 3/3/2017 at 6:16 PM, 1wrangler said:

I am talking about justifying Davis over Cooks the WR. I guess that DWD is saying he would take Davis over Cook the RB. That all depends on if you are drafting BPA at the most need or BPA period. I happen to believe if you are looking at BPA that Cook the RB is better than Davis the WR. JMO but I believe that looking at BPA RB Cook, DE Derek Barnett, MLB Rueben Foster and TE O.J. Howard are all better value picks at #14 than Davis, Williams or any CB. One of them could fall to the Eagles as well so it all depends on what the Eagles value the most.

Taking Davis would cost us nothing.What would a deal with Cooks cost us?I believe thats my justification.If I'm trading it would be for a CB or lineman JMO.Wentz will improve.You can have 5 #1 WR's but if your QB has no time to deliver that is a moot point