VaBeach_Eagle

Rumor: Possibility of a three-way trade involving Cousins, Romo (UPDATE Romo to be released)

86 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, forevereagles said:

Did he even play under Shanahan ? I can't remember.

Kirk was in Kyle's offense his first two seasons in the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jason1978 said:

Dallas would be smart and very stupid to keep Romo. Smart because they would have a Pro Bowl veteran backup. Stupid because Dak will constantly be looking over his shoulder and after those bad games people will be calling for Romo. Also how happy will Romo be staying backing up Dak rather than going to say Denver or Houston? 

The hope of all humanity is that they get rid of Romo, via cutting him and get nothing in return. Then, Prescott RG3's out and makes Cowboys fans long for the days of Quincy Carter.

That's the hope...  

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The hope of all humanity is that they get rid of Romo, via cutting him and get nothing in return. Then, Prescott RG3's out and makes Cowboys fans long for the days of Quincy Carter.

That's the hope...  

 

NFCE has seen lighting in a bottle 3 times in a very short period yet each team its happened to deny what it is .  Redstinks with RGME , us Nicky Foles  and know Dallarse Rayne Prescot .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

NFCE has seen lighting in a bottle 3 times in a very short period yet each team its happened to deny what it is .  Redstinks with RGME , us Nicky Foles  and know Dallarse Rayne Prescot .

Oh ok so Dak is already considered a bust in your eyes. Wentz must be a complete disaster then. 

Time will tell if each of these guys have what it takes to be a franchise QB. It will be fun to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2017 at 0:05 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

He could possibly be the 'present', but it would be a fragile present and would be very shortsighted for the Redskins to trade away Cousins in his prime for Romo who has 1 foot in the career grave and the other foot 3 inches away from setting down right next to the other one.

It's either that or possibly losing Cousins after another year or two for nothing.  He's in line if hit with I believe the transition tag next year to make possibly $27 million and then would be looking at a massive contract after that.  He doesn't really want to be in Washington and may want to go to San Francisco. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, gch said:

Oh ok so Dak is already considered a bust in your eyes. Wentz must be a complete disaster then. 

Time will tell if each of these guys have what it takes to be a franchise QB. It will be fun to watch. 

nah, Wentz was no fluke...I've never seen a young QB hit CB's in stride like that....right on the #'s every time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, gch said:

Oh ok so Dak is already considered a bust in your eyes. Wentz must be a complete disaster then. 

Time will tell if each of these guys have what it takes to be a franchise QB. It will be fun to watch. 

 

I never said bust , Ive stayed steady that I think there will be a difference from this year to next .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, gch said:

Oh ok so Dak is already considered a bust in your eyes. Wentz must be a complete disaster then. 

Time will tell if each of these guys have what it takes to be a franchise QB. It will be fun to watch. 

I didnt know a 4th round pick could be a bust..

With that said, Dak will be Dallas' franchise qb. Hes solid. Zeke definitely makes him better might i add.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mock draft shows Skins trading Kirk for #2 overall ..... LOL  media is silly this time of year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

I didnt know a 4th round pick could be a bust..

With that said, Dak will be Dallas' franchise qb. Hes solid. Zeke definitely makes him better might i add.

Zeke would make any QB out there look better.....and they would love it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

nah, Wentz was no fluke...I've never seen a young QB hit CB's in stride like that....right on the #'s every time

It's no secret Wentz had one of the worst WR corps in the NFL last year.   Reverse the Eagles and Cowboys situations from last year's draft (Wentz with the Cowboys, Dak and Elliott with the Eagles) and how do the Eagles and Cowboys do? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And in a shocking development, Romo to be released tomorrow per ESPN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just heard on NFL radio that two sources reported that Romo will be release tomorrow morning. Don't know any other details. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, zenclaybourne said:

And in a shocking development, Romo to be released tomorrow per ESPN

I'm actually not all that shocked. They likely wouldn't get much (if anything) for him in trade, so this allows him to hit free agency, test his market and pick his location. Looks like a loyalty move by the Cowboys to allow him to shop around.

I wouldn't even rule out the possibility of him going back to the Cowboys if there's no other takers or no better deals to be had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, gch said:

I just heard on NFL radio that two sources reported that Romo will be release tomorrow morning. Don't know any other details. 

Shocking!  Really thought they'd be able to land the #2 overall pick for him.

 

:roll::roll::roll: 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Romo's release will carry the post-June 1s designation. 

A total $19.6 million cap hit will be split into $10.7 million this year and $8.9 million in 2018. Until June 1, however, he’ll consume $24.7 million of cap space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm actually not all that shocked. They likely wouldn't get much (if anything) for him in trade, so this allows him to hit free agency, test his market and pick his location. Looks like a loyalty move by the Cowboys to allow him to shop around.

I wouldn't even rule out the possibility of him going back to the Cowboys if there's no other takers or no better deals to be had.

I should have made it more clear that I was being sarcastic. This rumor was so unbelievably ridiculous that I thought a random tater made it up. I always expected Romo to be cut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, KzEaglefan86 said:

Shocking!  Really thought they'd be able to land the #2 overall pick for him.

 

:roll::roll::roll: 

I'm shocked that that five way trade fell through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Garcon is signing with the 49ers. Why not? Romo doesn't scare anyone anymore. He had the best o-line in the league and still managed to get hurt. Romo isn't worth a 2nd round pick.He is 37 years old and has played in 5 games the past 2 seasons. I would love for romo to go to the Skins and get cousins out of the nfce. He has beaten us 5 straight games. I hope the deal goes through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't make this stuff up.

Last week there was a rumor the Cowboys were trading Romo and possibly receiving the 2nd overall pick. This week he's getting cut and Dallas receives nothing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MERK said:

You can't make this stuff up.

Last week there was a rumor the Cowboys were trading Romo and possibly receiving the 2nd overall pick. This week he's getting cut and Dallas receives nothing.

 

It's almost as if the sports media doesn't know what it's talking about. But nah, that can't be it. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's kind of like taking the full alloted time on draft day when you're on the clock and know who you're taking but just delaying the inevitable to see if an offer comes along......I think he'll still be released, there's just no hurry to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody is giving up anything for a 37 year old Tony Romo with that injury history. Just release the guy already and let him get on with his life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now