Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] A Year Ago, Eagles Secured QB Picture

288 posts in this topic

If Marshall affected the market it was brief with Garçon jacking it back up.

Yep I was shocked Marshall accepted such a low offer.We could have done better!!!

Everybody has more cap space than we do

We'll free some up.I just hope we don't wait too long

17 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Well if that tweet is legit and they turned down the Titans 18th pick, they're crazy as hell.

Ya, they're DREAMING

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yep I was shocked Marshall accepted such a low offer.We could have done better!!!

He's got Odell who has to worry about being doubled, gives him more chances to get the ball. And sheppard in the slot will also open things up for him

1 person likes this

There's a few things with the Marshall deal. 1.) Wanted a chance to play for a playoff contender, the Eagles aren't that yet and 2.) he doesn't have to move, he can stay in NY and still do his T.V gig for Showtime.

I'm a little late on this discussion but thought I would add my two cents. IMO Christian Mccaffrey is extremely slept on. I'm not sure what his draft stock is after the combine because I think he had a good showing, but I think he should be talked about more. Could be west coast bias over here but I personally think he is just as good, if not better than Dalvin Cook. Plus he is a dynamic return man. There's your Sproles replacement right there, with more size. The kid's hands and footwork are smooooth and he plays with a fire under his butt which I LOVE. I've heard reports of concerns on his ability to run up the middle. He did plenty of that at Stanford with a lot of success IMO. Just sayin, if the top WR's are off the board I would avoid Ross like the plague and draft Mccaffrey in a heart beat. I want to see multiple CBs drafted as well, but this is a deep class and we can get a couple in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Just my thoughts on this if it matters :)

4 people like this

On the books Romo has 19.6 mill dead cap, and they're just going to release him?

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Exactly how you should be doing business when you are rebuilding....not backloading everything anticipating cap hikes.

It also helps when you have $100M in cap space.

Why should you be doing business that way.... Rolling cap means the more you spend today, the less you get to roll over tomorrow. If you are a rebuilding team, you shouldn't be signing a Pierre Garcon anyway .... please don't let the 49ers be your role model.

2 people like this

Besides... lets see the contract, the 16 mil, doesn;t mean 16 mil cap hit... could be signing bonus.

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Why should you be doing business that way.... Rolling cap means the more you spend today, the less you get to roll over tomorrow. If you are a rebuilding team, you shouldn't be signing a Pierre Garcon anyway .... please don't let the 49ers be your role model.

They're a hot mess

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

On the books Romo has 19.6 mill dead cap, and they're just going to release him?

They're splitting that between 2017-2018, they either keep him, or release him, no one was trading for him.