Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Goal Is To Keep Adding To Talent Core

428 posts in this topic

How active will the Eagles be when free agency begins at 4 p.m. on Thursday? That remains to be seen, but the reality is ...

View the full article

Looks like Marshall and Garcon are gone.

1 person likes this

100% agreed Dave, which is why Graham in a deal for Cooks makes no sense. You add talent and build the roster, not subtract talent and make a position weaker for the sake of upgrading a dire situation at another position.

4 people like this

Posted in the other thread and then saw the new article:

I'm a little late on this discussion but thought I would add my two cents. IMO Christian Mccaffrey is extremely slept on. I'm not sure what his draft stock is after the combine because I think he had a good showing, but I think he should be talked about more. Could be west coast bias over here but I personally think he is just as good, if not better than Dalvin Cook. Plus he is a dynamic return man. There's your Sproles replacement right there, with more size. The kid's hands and footwork are smooooth and he plays with a fire under his butt which I LOVE. I've heard reports of concerns on his ability to run up the middle. He did plenty of that at Stanford with a lot of success IMO. Just sayin, if the top WR's are off the board I would avoid Ross like the plague and draft Mccaffrey in a heart beat. I want to see multiple CBs drafted as well, but this is a deep class and we can get a couple in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Just my thoughts on this if it matters :)

3 people like this

"disciplined" is another word for "broke" lol.But we get it.Spend wisely and nail the draft

2 people like this

I'm a little late on this discussion but thought I would add my two cents. IMO Christian Mccaffrey is extremely slept on. I'm not sure what his draft stock is after the combine because I think he had a good showing, but I think he should be talked about more. Could be west coast bias over here but I personally think he is just as good, if not better than Dalvin Cook. Plus he is a dynamic return man. There's your Sproles replacement right there, with more size. The kid's hands and footwork are smooooth and he plays with a fire under his butt which I LOVE. I've heard reports of concerns on his ability to run up the middle. He did plenty of that at Stanford with a lot of success IMO. Just sayin, if the top WR's are off the board I would avoid Ross like the plague and draft Mccaffrey in a heart beat. I want to see multiple CBs drafted as well, but this is a deep class and we can get a couple in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Just my thoughts on this if it matters :)

Not ignoring him,but do you take him at 14???? Maybe he's not mentioned because he is outside of where we pick round 1 but won't last until our 2nd.So with our first pick,we have choices to make.RB/WR/CB/OL/DE???? Time will tell

3 people like this

13 minutes ago, Rootin_in_SoCal said:

Not ignoring him,but do you take him at 14???? Maybe he's not mentioned because he is outside of where we pick round 1 but won't last until our 2nd.So with our first pick,we have choices to make.RB/WR/CB/OL/DE???? Time will tell

GB I would take him at 14 all day. Like I said, I like him just as much, if not more than Cook. If a top WR is there, I go WR, avoiding Ross at all costs though. I think our OL is better than people think, especially with Lane in there, so I'm not worried about taking one in the 1st. And this draft is supposed to be extremely deep defensively, especially at CB. I'll take a couple later. I really think Mccaffrey will be a great RB. He has the attitude and determination to be one.

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  17 minutes ago, Rootin_in_SoCal said:

GB I would take him at 14 all day. Like I said, I like him just as much, if not more than Cook. If a top WR is there, I go WR, avoiding Ross at all costs though. I think our OL is better than people think, especially with Lane in there, so I'm not worried about taking one in the 1st. And this draft is supposed to be extremely deep defensively, especially at CB. I'll take a couple later. I really think Mccaffrey will be a great RB. He has the attitude and determination to be one.

Well I know we were interested in him very early on,so depends how high up our board he is,what we do in FA and where we feel we need to most help.So you could be right.We just don't know.We need too many things to fix them all this year

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well I know we were interested in him very early on,so depends how high up our board he is,what we do in FA and where we feel we need to most help.So you could be right.We just don't know.We need too many things to fix them all this year

All I know is that this team NEEDS play makers. A kid like Mccaffrey who is a threat in the run, receiving, and return game is exactly that. But like I said, if Davis or Williams are still there at 14 I'll take one of them no question. Wentz needs some one to throw to lol

2 people like this

I can't believe the giants signed Marshall. I was hoping we would go after him. Hopefully we get someone that can elevate our wide outs

2 people like this

I have to disagree with Spuds a little.I believe the goal this year is to GET the core.We have Wentz and soild TE's but otherwise we have little else solidified IMO

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

All I know is that this team NEEDS play makers. A kid like Mccaffrey who is a threat in the run, receiving, and return game is exactly that. But like I said, if Davis or Williams are still there at 14 I'll take one of them no question. Wentz needs some one to throw to lol

Well there's the rub lol.I'm sure we'll take a RB since Rmat is probably gone leaving us with inexperience,but year we need WR's as well(and CB's and DE and Oline depth).We have a ways to go

I can't believe the giants signed Marshall. I was hoping we would go after him. Hopefully we get someone that can elevate our wide outs

Looks like Britt and possibly Torrey Smith

GB I'll throw up if we waste money on one of thiose guys. Rather have pryor if he's still available. Like that christian mccaffery running back too for the draft if he's available when we pick 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, darksnake1 said:

GB I'll throw up if we waste money on one of thiose guys. Rather have pryor if he's still available. Like that christian mccaffery running back too for the draft if he's available when we pick 

Plissken, long time

My hope is Kenny Britt/Torrey Smith at WR and Marcus Cooper at CB. I would be very happy with that. 2nd tier signings that won't hurt the cap and could end up being steals.

1 person likes this

I love Marcus Cooper. Still relatively young at 27 and has gotten better every year in the league. Still some upside there at a lot cheaper cost than Bouye.

1 person likes this

Whats up DC. Been hiding in my dark alley of shame. Hopefully we tirn things around. Think we are overall better than we were with chip. Sick to my stomach to what we loss when he was here. Shady killing last season and losing our best two wide receivers we've had in a long time will do that to you. We looking weak imo compared to our division rivals. Need to change that or back to ny dark alley i will go

1 person likes this

Git ur barf bag ready

1 person likes this

Sorry for the typos, my phone has a lot of cracks in it. Hard to see what I'm typing lol

GB it's already full. Might need to borrow someones lol

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Denver is my guess

Houston