Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Goal Is To Keep Adding To Talent Core

428 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Chip personally decimated 2 NFL teams.That takes REAL TALENT!!!

2? The 49ers were decimated before he got there.

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Bad-he made them worse lol

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Not sure that was possible, they didn't have much in the line of talent on either side of the ball.

3 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:
  5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

We need to hire Chip to coach Dullaz for us lol

1 person likes this

The Eagles are reportedly pressing hard for Alshon Jeffrey. If they can get Jeffrey, he and Smith make it very unlikely they'll take a WR in the first two rounds. The draft will then be about CBs, DEs, LBs, & RBs, and maybe one mid to late round WR--some of whom look very promising, & also hopefully adding some depth to the O-L, and a much needed back up safety.

I dunno,Alshon will take most of our FA loot,then we would have to rely on 2 rook CB's(catch 22 lol)

"I dunno,Alshon will take most of our FA loot,then we would have to rely on 2 rook CB's(catch 22 lol)"

True.  But they may think that some combination of Humphrey, Lattimore, K. King, Moreau, Awuzie, Tankersly, and Lampkin are ready to start in the NFL.  (And/or, they have more confidence in the progression of Jalen Mills than I do.)  After the Combine, I'm actually more open to seeing two rookies start than I was before.  Though it's not what I want to see.   Hopefully, they'll get CBs Cooper & Webster too.  I don't think Bouye is likely.  Gilmore is gone.

As I wrote yesterday, I didn't think the Eagles would get Jeffrey, Cooks, or Stills.  In my view, it was between Jackson, Britt, Cruz, and Smith.  Now we have Smith.  Jeffrey would come as a big surprise.

3 people like this

20 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Yeah because they can't cut an injured player.

I read that and had the article on http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/ . I was searching for it but was unable to find it. I wish that I hadn't deleted it from my history.

IMO though Davis could start right away.So once again I would like to have at least 1 CB with a little experience.We could sign a decent one and also get Banks from Detroit on the cheap.That would at least buy as some time

Don't know much about him but Justin Hunter is a FA also and can be had cheaply

I bet Wentz is doing cartwheels because now he has a REAL WR lol

1 person likes this

Former PS QB Aaron Murray signing with the Rams.

1 person likes this

Yeah! Torrey is a major upgrade! Really going to help the offense without question. ---contract details are always important...but he should have been reasonable.

1 person likes this

Saw something saying barring anything crazy, we are expected to land Alshon.  Don't know how reliable the tweeter was

Humphrey('bama) meeting with Eagles Tuesday

1 person likes this

Personally I'd rather we spend the money elsewhere and draft Davis.  Davis would be cost controlled for 4-5 years and I think he has the potential to be just as good.  Alshon always seems to have a nagging injury also

anyone else hear NE has gotten Cooks? Looks like I was wrong about Tennessee (Again!) my bad...  Word has it they are offering Butler and maybe a draft pick? Anyone else hear this?

Humphrey('bama) meeting with Eagles Tuesday

I usually don't get too excited about Bama Cornerbacks but this kid started as a freshman for them. Not too many of these cornerbacks in this years draft were 4 year starters.

3 people like this

Barf, we release barwin and sign torrey smith. Torrey smith better play better with us than his former teams. Still need more help imo at the wide receiver position

Im hearing reports are a done deal that we are signing Jeffery. No details on it till 4 but it looks like we are going to get him. Now all depends on the numbers as I dont know I really like this yet.

2 people like this

NE going after Cooks and Bouye