Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Goal Is To Keep Adding To Talent Core

428 posts in this topic

WR Ted Ginn signing with the Saints after two years in Carolina. I guess the Cooks deal will get done for sure now with someone!

Good. I like Wisniewski for his versatility, since he can play both center & guard.  That's valuable, considering how many players get injured through the course of a season.

As for CB Marlon Humphrey, he's been my #1 pick for the Eagles for months now (& in my mock draft earlier in the thread), that is, unless a few players are still available that I don't think will be at 14 (such as Fournette, Foster, Barnett, Cook & maybe Davis).   Of all the CBs in the draft, the two that are most likely ready to start in the NFL, IMO, are Humphrey & Lattimore.  I prefer Humphrey because he's such a fierce, hard tackler--the guy isn't shy about hitting, and that translates well in any league.  I'm fairly confident that Humphrey and Cooper or Webster could get the job done.  But, I also think Kevin King might be able to start to in the NFL too, and possible even Chidobe Awuzie, Jourdan Lewis, Cordrea Tankersly, and Fabian Moreau, and believe it or not, Ashton Lampkin, who really impressed me.   It's a great CB class, so if that's what the Eagles are thinking, I get it--as it does make a certain amount of sense, & especially for 2018.

Kazee could also be nice pick-up later

1 person likes this

WR Ted Ginn signing with the Saints after two years in Carolina. I guess the Cooks deal will get done for sure now with someone!

Believe the Bucs will contend this year.They are making some great moves

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Believe the Bucs will contend this year.They are making some great moves

Yeah GB, they are a year ahead of the Eagles IMO

Question for you DC. What is the cheapest way the Eagles could get rid of Agholor this year if they chose to do so?

Jeffrey/Smith/JMatt now we're talking

2 people like this

Not big on Jeffery at all. Scares me. Injuries, work ethic, PED's.......Ugh. IMO, not a ascending player and is going to command WAY to much in guaranteed $. Good player......yes, but not worth the bank.
Torrey Smith will be a nice, serviceable #3-4 depending on the draft and assuming the birds can nab another FA.

1 person likes this

C5.... lets see the $$$ first before complaining. A 26 year old WR on a dead end team, could get new life playing with a young stud QB. He changes how defenses have to play us... especially in the red zone. All that stuff you mentioned is probably why the reports are that the price has come down. Looking ahead, we need to draft well, I don't see many expensive free agents coming out that could help us, might be the time to make the move, if the cap gets better going forward, which it looks like it does.

3 people like this

Joe, what money would make it a good signing for you?   I'm assuming it will be 15/yr range which I'm not a fan of

It seems like the mentality is currently.... well, we have been terrible at getting DBs through free agency, and terrible at drafting WR in the early rounds of the draft, so let's switch it up and see how that goes

Why am I surprised we are still in the conversation for the Top WR...Ashlon Jeffery... Terrell Pryor is my #1. I get that he is a 1 yr wonder to this point... but if you're gonna spend Big money ...Jeffery is the more accomplished player. I never imagined that we could find the money to make a run at Jeffery. I should know better especially this time of year. Let's get it done Howie and Joe.

50 mins to go

Well if Smith signed(liked the move) and Alshon reportedly leaning our way think it is safe to say we didnt value this WR class quite as much as some on here.....Still with Jmatt trade ru.ora have to wonder if the Eagles have interest in a guy like Zay Jones or Cooper Kupp or another guy who can do damage from that spot 

People are worrying to much on Alshon.....Eagles have 2 guys in the building that know him way better then any of us and what we read in the media....

As for money if he is 12-15m or more will only matter if he fails.....If he comes in and gives us that #1 WR production he is capable of no body will care about the contract 

2 people like this

Well if Smith signed(liked the move) and Alshon reportedly leaning our way think it is safe to say we didnt value this WR class quite as much as some on here.....Still with Jmatt trade ru.ora have to wonder if the Eagles have interest in a guy like Zay Jones or Cooper Kupp or another guy who can do damage from that spot 

Well the FA's have experience,the draftees do not,so I don't believe we change valuation because of signings.It may alter how we approach the draft based on NOT needing WR's as badly

1 person likes this

I dont think we chamge valuations either but i dont think WR is top our list either I have been leaning CB all off-season with this deep a class hard to image one not being at the top of our list round 1.....Of course a RB could still sneak in as well or a DL

1 person likes this

Wierd day, Jags spending an armored truckload. The Smith signing is good value. DJax expected to be 10-12 mill/yr. Alshon will most likely be expensive. Having some experienced WR's gives us the immediate improvement on the field. I don't believe we don't value the WR's in the draft, we'll get a few to develop behind these guys. We simply got outbid on FA CB's and we'll hit it heavily in the draft.

2 people like this

Well, looks like you all got your wish. Jeffrey is gonna be an Eagle. Not official, but Eagle Eye seems to think it is all but a done deal...

2 people like this