Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Goal Is To Keep Adding To Talent Core

428 posts in this topic

Really don't understand the need for a RB? Mathews is for sure fragile, and believe we have to move on. With that, we are left with 4 other RB's that in my opinion, would fill the needs for the Eagles. Starting with Smallwood he showed signs, and with a little more time will become great, with Barner as a back-up. Now if you want a bruiser RB, we have Watson who broke multiple records in college and given the chance would be the starter. Last but not least we have Sproles, ( Mr. Reliable) and i guess for only one more year will do what he always doe's. Lets move on about RB's and start concentrating in the area's that are a need and will really excel this team.

Barring something big changing, my understanding is DJax to Tampa, Britt to Philly tomorrow.

Kenny Britt not the sexiest name, but he's had productivity with some pretty bad QB play.

1 person likes this

On the fence regarding Britt. Is it a coincidence he finally played w/ a little fire in a contract yr? During his draft he was described as "TO'ish" in his view of himself. Imo he's not a #1 WR.

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Is it a coincidence he finally played w/ a little fire in a contract yr?

This same thing could be said about Bouye, Claiborne and Pryor.

1 person likes this

Hell I have some unpleasant memories of Britt in a Titan uniform. He Always torched us, and for huge stats. I would welcome him. We could still be in the Brandon Cooks sweepstakes, reports of the Saints wanting a player in addition to the 1st rd pick, reportedly they turned down NE 1st rd pick for Cooks albeit the #32 nd pick in Itthe Draft. Some reports say that Pryor turned down 12 mil to stay in Cleveland? I feel very confident in Howie and Joe. I can't wait.

55 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Source says Eagles are bringing back LB Najee Goode on a one-year deal. Good special teams player who helps as a... http://es.pn/2ngou8i 

Adam Caplan Retweeted Dan Graziano

1 year, $875k, $50k guaranteed.

2 people like this

Just now, downwithdallas said:

Nice cheap team friendly deal

Yup, good depth signing.

It is difficult to understand how a team so devoid of talent has cap issues. Besides Cox, there really is not a star player on the roster. LJ is good, but given his situation, unreliable. Jenkins. I do like Jenkins. Wentz is under his rookie contract so his cap hit is minimal. They need a TREMENDOUS draft! Draft best available every round! And I hope best available is 2 stud CBs, a WR, and an OLINEMAN when the Eagles draft. The last two of chippers drafts were freaking awful. MUST hit this year or it will continue to be more mediocre for two more years minimum.

3 people like this

That low cap number made it so they could not pursue Marshall, who signed for much less than I expected. Bummer!

I will be so pissed if we draft Ross in the first round.....

5 people like this

5 hours ago, senhorcook said:

That low cap number made it so they could not pursue Marshall, who signed for much less than I expected. Bummer!

Who is to say they were even interested in Marshall?

Wow, this could get interesting if BG is in the mix for Cooks. Still trying to wrap my brain around that rumor.

19 hours ago, Rootin_in_SoCal said:

Posted in the other thread and then saw the new article:

I'm a little late on this discussion but thought I would add my two cents. IMO Christian McCaffrey is extremely slept on. I'm not sure what his draft stock is after the combine because I think he had a good showing, but I think he should be talked about more. Could be west coast bias over here but I personally think he is just as good, if not better than Dalvin Cook. Plus he is a dynamic return man. There's your Sproles replacement right there, with more size. The kid's hands and footwork are smooooth and he plays with a fire under his butt which I LOVE. I've heard reports of concerns on his ability to run up the middle. He did plenty of that at Stanford with a lot of success IMO. Just sayin, if the top WR's are off the board I would avoid Ross like the plague and draft McCaffrey in a heart beat. I want to see multiple CBs drafted as well, but this is a deep class and we can get a couple in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Just my thoughts on this if it matters :)

This CB Draft class is soooo talented-maybe even historic-that just by pure mathematics there will be DB's with 1st Rd.grades still on the board up to the 2nd and maybe even (possibly) the 3rd Rd. They all can't be taken in the 1st Rd.due to other positional needs of the other 31 teams. Having said that,I wouldn't take McCaffrey in the 1st-as much as I like him!-because of the more pressing needs that the Eagles have. If Corey Davis or Mike Williams are still there at 14th,or another talented WR (other than Ross),I'd grab one of those due to the lopsided amount of talent between WR's & CB's. If McCaffrey is still there in the 2nd (I believe at 43rd overall) then I definitely grab him. Unfortunately,I highly doubt he'll still be around.☹