Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Goal Is To Keep Adding To Talent Core

428 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

#Eagles tried hard to trade Barwin. Did the right thing today in releasing him instead of waiting.

Great team mate. I wish him well. Maybe the Ravens will pick him up and he can stick around the area he loves.

He was one of my fav players,but realistically he didn't fit and was too expensive.I also wish him well-great guy!!!

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I know Howie is trying to hold out for trades.But it seems that waiting has let players we need go away because we have no cap to compete.RELEASE the ones you have too and lets get a FA already!!

Yeah,right! B4 you know it there'll be nothing left but dented cans & smashed boxes,LOL.

Sit tight buddy. The Eagles may want young players they feel can learn and stick around for a while. I like the fact that they are interested in the young cornerback Webster from Denver. Smart kid and should be able to learn the system. I also like WR Wheaton from the Steelers. Lets see what happens.

1 person likes this

Remember though,despite all these "signings" nothing is official until 4 PM.All we have seen now are INTENTS,so maybe Howie can pull off a deal before 4 lol(like for Britt)

1 person likes this

With the FO saying they want to build young, we may just sign a few mid level positions of need in FA - not necessarily today as many players need to be released by Sat - and extend Hicks early. Dullass and NY are built for now, don't see us catching them, Skins are a mess as of now. We go into camp w/ a slew of rookies, a few will get trial by fire.

3 people like this

19 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

meh, I just don't think any RB is worth taking in the 1st.

Correct me if I'm wrong,but wasn't Zeke taken 4th overall last year?

3 people like this

16 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Sit tight buddy. The Eagles may want young players they feel can learn and stick around for a while. I like the fact that they are interested in the young cornerback Webster from Denver. Smart kid and should be able to learn the system. I also like WR Wheaton from the Steelers. Lets see what happens.

The Eagles may want young players they feel can learn and stick around for a while. I feel the same way,was just being sarcastic in a joking way.

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

The Eagles may want young players they feel can learn and stick around for a while. I feel the same way,was just being sarcastic in a joking way.

FA does not automatically make someone "old" lol Would like YOUNG with a few years experience.Hope we do not start 2 rook CB's vs Gmen.That would not be trial by fire,that would be boiling them in lava lol

3 people like this

Thanks, Conner Barwin you represented our Birds and your Community well. This part is the business side. I wish you well, just not against us.

7.7 mill to the Cap, I wonder many seem to believe that Bouye is gonna leave the Texans and go somewhere. Some of the rumors have Britt signing here today, Bouye beside wanting a Big payday, may like the perception that Carson has tremendous upside, and stability at the QB spot. No one is reporting that we were out of the Cooks sweepstakes, or Terrell Pryor a player I covert even more than Cooks. Howie got some help this year. Expecting much from Douglas this seasonCB, WR could be much improved after 4pm today.

3 people like this

I would like us to possibly trade player(s) and a lesser draft pick to move up in earlier rounds.Davis and McCaffrey would help right away IMO,but do not think Caff will be around at 43.This is a terrific draft and the most picks possible would do us well

1 person likes this

Any FA DE's we should loo at??

Any FA DE's we should loo at??

look

19 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Too many QB's rumored to be signed, then Romo. Wanted a few teams to reach for QB's before us at 14. A few S's should go early.

Yeah,I was hoping this would be a MUCH more talented QB class.

Surprised Chase Daniel is still around

1 person likes this

Barner will be an FA.

Like to see what Byron Marshall can do.About the same size/weight as Barner.As fans we don't know what we have in Marshall yet(the FO DOES lol)

1 person likes this

So at what point do we release RMAT(or WILL we???)

They'll be taking a RB in the draft, we'll see what happens in TC.

16 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Surprised Chase Daniel is still around

I heard somewhere last week that there could be mutual interest with K.C. to work some kind of deal between Daniels & Foles.