Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OrlandoEagles23

Redskins are a mess, GM Scot McCloughan fired.

27 posts in this topic

This has been a hot topic as of late. With the rumor that he had began drinking again being leaked by someone who was a team employee, Chris Cooley from their radio station from what I understand. 

They finally made the decision to fire him, effective immediately. He hadn't been at any of the scouting events, and although the Redskins social media accounts tried to pull a fast one by saying he was still involved, just at home watching tape and whatnot. Looks like that was just words.

Lol.

Eagles should snap that dude right up. 

1 person likes this

Wow, talk about jettisoning talent.  He may have had his problems, but I wasn't comfortable with his being GM over there.  Guy knows how to put together a roster.

In one season, the Skins manage to lose their GM, their OC, two talented starting receivers and will either lose their QB or bring a very unhappy QB back to the team.  Am I missing anything on this?

4 people like this

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Order has finally been restored in the NFC East

7 people like this

LOL.

I do kinda feel bad for the Redskin fans though. But only a tiny bit

DC has had nothing but futility for since 1990 something?  it's been Gmen, Eagles and sometimes Dallas..   tis true Order restored - what fun.. high flying Dallas offense, Balance Giants and now the Eagles have some playmakers.. just need corners but improved..   can all three have winning records?? I can see it..

Again the Giants will be scoring like crazy. and have a good defense..  lookout

Philly is a solid darkhorse I see them pushing everyone

Dallas is very good.. what more can I say..

DC? Snyder you ruin it for the fans.. as usual... booyas.. 

1 person likes this

I said as much in the Kirk Cousins thread. An utter mess

2 people like this

No Cousins, No Jackson, no wins.. cya DC..

where is Cutler going??

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Bravens1 said:

No Cousins, No Jackson, no wins.. cya DC..

where is Cutler going??

They might as well ship Cousins off and rebuild. Are they in win now mode? They don't seem to have any sense of direction

1 person likes this

Indian Curse.

2 people like this

Brutal. Condolences to Redskin fans. 

What it sounds like happens is the drinking problem probably isn't the reason its that the team President who used to be solely in charge wanted him gone.

A reporter from the Washington Post said that at the end of last season there was jealousy in the front office and watch they'll fire him and blame his drinking problem.

Remember the radio station where Clooey made the statement about him drinking again is owned by the team.  Remember that making that kind of statement is totally unprofessional but he has not been punished at all for it.  Remember that they just put out a BS excuse a few days ago that he was missing because his 100 yr old grandmother died several weeks ago.

They pretty much just f'd over and lied about the only guy that seemed to have a clue down there.

4 hours ago, Procus said:

Wow, talk about jettisoning talent.  He may have had his problems, but I wasn't comfortable with his being GM over there.  Guy knows how to put together a roster.

In one season, the Skins manage to lose their GM, their OC, two talented starting receivers and will either lose their QB or bring a very unhappy QB back to the team.  Am I missing anything on this?

Yep. The Skins were becoming better under McCloughan. Now they are imploding overnight.

2 people like this

That's the other question...how long does Cousin's sit out and not sign his tender this year.  If I remeber correctly he played good little soldier last year and signed right away but they didn't pay him back with a real contract like he hoped.  Plus now the owner has refused to trade him because he doesn't like his former coach.  He reportedly told him not to get his hopes up and some have suggested Cousins response to them asking when he'll sign his tender should be the exact same.

I wonder if he doesn't just sit out well into the season knowing that the 49ers will be waiting for him next year.  They signed a couple place holder qbs which makes me think that's the plan.  Wait a year and get their guy.

2 hours ago, gibsonplyer said:

A reporter from the Washington Post said that at the end of last season there was jealousy in the front office and watch they'll fire him and blame his drinking problem.

I was just about to post this too mate! If that is true... And I can well believe that it is... Then it makes me hate Washington even more. I mean man I freaking hate that franchise and I hate everything about them.

What a complete laughing stock and I guess I can say that whilst I hate them, thank you for making a really positive upbeat day even better Washington. You screwed up messed up laudable franchise. 

Absolutely garbage organisation. 

F the skins and F Snyder. Even if he did relapse into some drinking this is NOT how you should Fing handle that. I'd be Fing disgusted if the Eagles ever did something like this to an employer

1 hour ago, Eagle_69 said:

Absolutely garbage organisation. 

F the skins and F Snyder. Even if he did relapse into some drinking this is NOT how you should Fing handle that. I'd be Fing disgusted if the Eagles ever did something like this to an employer

I dont think it was just drinking. Supposedly the guy was a piece of work to deal with and had to leave the team to, in his words, take care of his family when his 100 year old grandmother expectantly passed.

Still, the skins let the drinking issue leak out via Chris Cooley and such which is ridiculously unprofessional and instead of just firing him, they defamed the ish out of him first.

Truly disgusting.

1 person likes this

Problems or no problems the handling of this whole situation has been a joke! In fact scratch that, the handling of any situation in Washington is always a farce! They are a sham of an organization and I hope they are doomed to mediocrity forever. I literally hate that franchise! 

And in all of this which just puts the icing on the cake for me... They've tagged their QB who is going to get paid a hell of a lot of money but he doesn't even want to be there! So what do they do about that situation? Keep him and play an unhappy player? Or try and get some value from him in a trade? Which I don't see happening by the way! He's probably already told Shanahan in SF to just get by this year and next year he will be a FA and be headed to Santa Clara. 

4 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

I dont think it was just drinking. Supposedly the guy was a piece of work to deal with and had to leave the team to, in his words, take care of his family when his 100 year old grandmother expectantly passed.

Still, the skins let the drinking issue leak out via Chris Cooley and such which is ridiculously unprofessional and instead of just firing him, they defamed the ish out of him first.

Truly disgusting.

I don't think the leaving to take care of his family story came from him.  That came from the team.  They sent him home and used that story to cover it.

I think it comes down to he was getting credit and probably rightly so for the smart moves they made in recent years and the team president didn't like that so he got rid of him with the drinking problem being the excuse he needed.

The thing is he's done this just as they look like they're about to implode so instead of sole credit he's going to get all the blame. 

2 people like this

17 hours ago, Northern Green Wings said:

LOL.

I don't and I have family and friends that are fans. I feel bad for Browns and Bills fans but never Skins fans who bragged every year Snyder spent huge money and talked Super Bowl every year...including this past year. A majority of fans constantly defend Snyder so no sympathy from me when this stuff happens. 

54 minutes ago, Jason1978 said:

I don't and I have family and friends that are fans. I feel bad for Browns and Bills fans but never Skins fans who bragged every year Snyder spent huge money and talked Super Bowl every year...including this past year. A majority of fans constantly defend Snyder so no sympathy from me when this stuff happens. 

I don't either. I had to work with a Skins fan who was riding the hype train after McNabb went there every day until the season started.

21 hours ago, Northern Green Wings said:

LOL.

" DO YOU LIKE THAT "   I dam sure do , never fails for the Redskins to be Redskins 

They are the Washington Redskins, and it seems like everyone in Washington can't seem to do their jobs, and shut their mouths without leaking secrets that the public doesn't need to know. The guy never should have been humiliated. What happened to the days where you just let somebody resign without publicly embarrassing them. When he does get straightened out he'll have a tough time finding somebody to hire him again.