Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Roseman Details The Free Agent Moves

282 posts in this topic

Late in the day, but early in the process of building the 2017 Eagles roster, Howie Roseman is in his NovaCare Complex office, the NFL Network on the television, his cell phone at the ready, a picture of a man calm in the blur of the moment ...

View the full article

Moves I don't think a lot of us saw coming. 

Got Wentz some weapons and will see how Chance improves the oline.

5 people like this

I am with that Lube, this the season of misdirection and rumors...The one constant was Confidence in Howie as he continues to deliver the impossible and in this instance with minimal Cap space. Great Job front office, and Coaches filling this need...much Respect Howie.

1 person likes this

Holy crap, how did i miss we got chance warmack. That is f ing awesome!!!

1 person likes this

Hart is an OT??

Well we're a bit over the cap,but that should be fixed soon lol

Hart is an OT??

Haha yeah he converted during the off season

1 person likes this

I think that we need to give Howie his props. These were good free agency moves. I still say that it was a mistake to trade Eric Rowe though... Can we trade Kelce and sign Latavious Murray to a long-term deal? He's young, fast, can catch out of the backfield, big body for short yardage.. To me, he checks off alot of boxes. Did I mention that he was young? Then we would have a proper neucleus IMO barring injuries of course.

I still want to draft Corey Davis!!! Awesome signings though!!!

1 person likes this

Considering the cap situation I don't see how Howie could have done any better.

3 people like this

ASG - considering the cap, I didn't understand how Howie did what he did, lol! Think we're like 6.5 over the cap, which is also about the amount we need to sign draft picks ( there's a chart somewhere for signing draft picks ). That's why I figured Kelce was gone, amongst others. The over the cap figure already had FA's deducted.

Love me some Connor Barwin, would have held on to him until the last minute for a trade. Some think the Alshon 1 yr contract confusing as we're supposedly building for the future and not that "one player away". Expensive but Alshon's proven and will help in Wentzs' development. Who know - maybe in a yr we extend him ( doubtful ). Plus it gives whatever WR's we draft a yr.

49ers set at QB - they got Matt Barkley, lol!

1 hour ago, Nick0213 said:

I still want to draft Corey Davis!!! Awesome signings though!!!

me too or mike williams. These are one year deals, we can't count on both to be here beyond 2017, Wentz needs someone else in the pipeline. draft is deep at the other positions we need most.

7 hours ago, darksnake1 said:

Meh. just a guy but Stoutland was his coach at Alabama so perhaps he can get the best out of warmack

I like the moves. I have to say I was against Jeffrey, but a 1 year deal is not going to hurt anyone. Makes the 14th pick easier to handle. Just get BPA. Do you due diligence and grade the top 20-25 players and pick who drops to you at 14, unless you want to trade back, which is now not a bad idea....

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Hart is an OT??

Haha yeah he converted during the off season

Thx I didn't know that

1 person likes this

Once we had Smith we could have had a multi yr deal on a pass rusher, CB or RB. Don't get me wrong, Alshon has great hands, making those contested throws being his bread and butter. He will draw coverage, but Smith is the field stretcher. A multi yr deal with a guy like DE Jabaal Sheard would have had more and lasting value and less of a cap hit.

Once we had Smith we could have had a multi yr deal on a pass rusher, CB or RB. Don't get me wrong, Alshon has great hands, making those contested throws being his bread and butter. He will draw coverage, but Smith is the field stretcher. A multi yr deal with a guy like DE Jabaal Sheard would have had more and lasting value and less of a cap hit.

Yeah but Alshon turned down millions just to play for us,so he's gonna ball to get paid after this year.I asked earlier if any DE's were of interest,but noone responded lol

ASG - considering the cap, I didn't understand how Howie did what he did, lol! Think we're like 6.5 over the cap, which is also about the amount we need to sign draft picks ( there's a chart somewhere for signing draft picks ). That's why I figured Kelce was gone, amongst others. The over the cap figure already had FA's deducted.

Love me some Connor Barwin, would have held on to him until the last minute for a trade. Some think the Alshon 1 yr contract confusing as we're supposedly building for the future and not that "one player away". Expensive but Alshon's proven and will help in Wentzs' development. Who know - maybe in a yr we extend him ( doubtful ). Plus it gives whatever WR's we draft a yr.

We released Barwin early as a favor to him.He was a great person we knew we could not keep,so releasing him early gives him the best op to work out the best contract for himself.Done major things for Philly so some class by the Eagles organization

1 person likes this

thinking the Idea is to get Wentz as many weapons as possible. They are one solid RB away from having an extremely tough offense to defend. I like the direction HR has taken. We still have to grab a CB and a edge rusher, which can be done in the draft. Many options to look at and still all cannot be addressed this draft. At least we see a solid foundation being formed. Yes, Jeffrey has only one year, but we now have two drafts to get all of the missing pieces and still make a push for the play-offs this year.... I like these moves.

1 person likes this

I like the moves. I have to say I was against Jeffrey, but a 1 year deal is not going to hurt anyone. Makes the 14th pick easier to handle. Just get BPA. Do you due diligence and grade the top 20-25 players and pick who drops to you at 14, unless you want to trade back, which is now not a bad idea....

I would stay put.We still have more pieces we need and we need at least 1 stud.DE/RB/CB-your call at 14 lol

7 hours ago, darksnake1 said:

Meh. just a guy but Stoutland was his coach at Alabama so perhaps he can get the best out of warmack

Just " a guy?" Every player is "just a guy" lol Warmack good OG and we need to solidify this Oline

thinking the Idea is to get Wentz as many weapons as possible. They are one solid RB away from having an extremely tough offense to defend. I like the direction HR has taken. We still have to grab a CB and a edge rusher, which can be done in the draft. Many options to look at and still all cannot be addressed this draft. At least we see a solid foundation being formed. Yes, Jeffrey has only one year, but we now have two drafts to get all of the missing pieces and still make a push for the play-offs this year.... I like these moves.

Agree,not going to fix it all this year,but we have a miraculous FO who seems to pull players in when all say we cannot do it lol.Roseman is the magic man.Caff(RB) could be there at 14.Or Taco(DE) or Humphrey(CB) gonna be a very tough decision

24 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Yeah but Alshon turned down millions just to play for us,so he's gonna ball to get paid after this year.I asked earlier if any DE's were of interest,but noone responded lol

DEs in FA? Theres a few still availiable. Okafor be good. But money we dont have. Im thinking get a stud during the Draft.