Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Roseman Details The Free Agent Moves

282 posts in this topic

  11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

There are a few other TE's with talent in this draft as well and we need CB's and DE's much more IMO

None like Howard. Of course he may not be there so not worth talking too much about. I also like Cook and Davis. If all 3 are gone we will go with best CB IMO or move back and grab an additional 2nd round pick...

My question would be, if the Eagles decide to go defense at pick 14 and you have 3 CB's you are looking at with that pick and a great MLB or DE is still on the board, which guy do you take? I have one DE and one MLB rated higher than any CB in the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Just because CBS has a player ranked at a certain spot in the draft, doesn't mean that's where they will go. Having said that, if Cook is there at 9, I could see the Bengals taking him.

IMO it's a pretty good indicator he will go top 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  13 minutes ago, stine said:
  23 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

There are a few other TE's with talent in this draft as well and we need CB's and DE's much more IMO

None like Howard. Of course he may not be there so not worth talking too much about. I also like Cook and Davis. If all 3 are gone we will go with best CB IMO or move back and grab an additional 2nd round pick...

My question would be, if the Eagles decide to go defense at pick 14 and you have 3 CB's you are looking at with that pick and a great MLB or DE is still on the board, which guy do you take? I have one DE and one MLB rated higher than any CB in the draft.

Dunno.Personally I'd take Humphrey,then Kpassagnon,then maybe Godwin if he's there in 3 and a RB in 4(first 4th) JMO could be totally wrong(usually am)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  8 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  18 minutes ago, stine said:
  27 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

There are a few other TE's with talent in this draft as well and we need CB's and DE's much more IMO

None like Howard. Of course he may not be there so not worth talking too much about. I also like Cook and Davis. If all 3 are gone we will go with best CB IMO or move back and grab an additional 2nd round pick...

My question would be, if the Eagles decide to go defense at pick 14 and you have 3 CB's you are looking at with that pick and a great MLB or DE is still on the board, which guy do you take? I have one DE and one MLB rated higher than any CB in the draft.

Dunno.Personally I'd take Humphrey,then Kpassagnon,then maybe Godwin if he's there in 3 and a RB in 4(first 4th) JMO could be totally wrong(usually am)

Or switch them up and take Taco first,then Moreau-aka pick your poison

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  6 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Just because CBS has a player ranked at a certain spot in the draft, doesn't mean that's where they will go. Having said that, if Cook is there at 9, I could see the Bengals taking him.

IMO it's a pretty good indicator he will go top 10

Going forward the mocks will be all over the place. I see now that they changed the Panthers long time pick of Fournett to OT Ramczyk. LOL

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1wrangler said:

Going forward the mocks will be all over the place. I see now that they changed the Panthers long time pick of Fournett to OT Ramczyk. LOL

Yep,will change even more as deals are cut.Still a ways to go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Going forward the mocks will be all over the place. I see now that they changed the Panthers long time pick of Fournett to OT Ramczyk. LOL

Yeah, it's difficult to tell what teams are going to do in the draft. Also, these draft prospect could get in trouble between now and the draft that could possibly take them off some draft boards. Look at Tunsil last year, he already had some red flags before the draft, a picture surfaces of him smoking weed through a gas mask bong and fell hard.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cleveland is now slated to pick Myles Garrett with the first pick and CB Lattimore with their second first round pick. No QB now.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BleedingGreen93 Looks like you're not the only one in on Zay Jones

If the Eagles go for a corner in round one of the draft, I'd still grab ECU WR Zay Jones if he's there in round 2. He'd be a steal!

:-)

Doesn't Jones come advertised as the WR with the best hands in the draft?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Cleveland is now slated to pick Myles Garrett with the first pick and CB Lattimore with their second first round pick. No QB now.

They'd be dumb not to take Garrett with the 1st overall pick.

1 minute ago, 1wrangler said:

Doesn't Jones come advertised as the WR with the best hands in the draft?

I don't know about all that, I guess it would depend on who you ask. Some have said Davis, some have said Kupp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DC - At the present time the Bengals are slated to pick MLB Foster or DE Barnett. Not disputing them taking Cook however. I wouldn't blame any team picking above us for grabbing him at their spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Philadelphia EaglesVerified account @Eagles  31s31 seconds ago

More

#Eagles and G/C Stefen Wisniewski agree to terms on a three-year deal. #FlyEaglesFly

Eagles OL Stefen Wisniewski's deal worth close to $9m over 3 years but he can make almost $15m if he hits incentives, source says

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how much this FO focuses on the OL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am probably not the best person to judge CB's but other than I want two of them that are good playing man to man, I don't see too much difference in Humphrey, Wilson or Jones. Humphrey is the best tackler, Jones is the fastest and Wilson is a better defender on the long pass than Humphrey and a better tackler than Jones. To me its a toss up and I would probably be happy with anyone of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  22 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Philadelphia EaglesVerified account @Eagles  31s31 seconds ago

More

#Eagles and G/C Stefen Wisniewski agree to terms on a three-year deal. #FlyEaglesFly

Eagles OL Stefen Wisniewski's deal worth close to $9m over 3 years but he can make almost $15m if he hits incentives, source says

Cool,anything to solidify this Oline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  10 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

@BleedingGreen93 Looks like you're not the only one in on Zay Jones

If the Eagles go for a corner in round one of the draft, I'd still grab ECU WR Zay Jones if he's there in round 2. He'd be a steal!

:-)

Doesn't Jones come advertised as the WR with the best hands in the draft?

I mean CB sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 1wrangler said:

I mean CB sorry.

That I couldn't tell you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.phillyvoice.com/grading-eagles-first-day-free-agency-2017/

#Eagles and G/C Stefen Wisniewski agree to terms on a three-year deal. #FlyEaglesFly

It is nice to know that the Eagles value Wiz as much as I do. I don't believe Wiz as reached his peak of performance yet playing for this club. Second year in the system should be even better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember saying something like this (O-Line not a priority this year) during the 2016 regular season

Eagles also know it's not considered a strong OL draft class. They drafted 2 last year and kept D. Gordon as a UDFA. Not a priority this yr

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0