Boss Hawg

NFL Network's Mike Mayock Emerges As Redskins GM Candidate

51 posts in this topic

I've always liked Mayock. He seems to know his stuff when it comes to prospects, unlike Kiper (who throws darts and hopes something sticks).

I hope Mayock is smart enough to stay as far away as humanly possible from that organization.  After what just went down and what it sounds like happened I don't know why anyone would want to work there in that power structure.

6 people like this

With all of the drama the Skins drum up they might as well move their dysfunctional offices into the White House.

Washington Dysfunctional City

6 minutes ago, gibsonplyer said:

I hope Mayock is smart enough to stay as far away as humanly possible from that organization.  After what just went down and what it sounds like happened I don't know why anyone would want to work there in that power structure.

agreed. Just when it looked like the redskins had finally turned things around and had an actual sense of direction, they turn back into the dumpster fire franchise we've always known them to be

As long as the ego exists there will always be someone out there who says "I can change that team around."

1 person likes this

If Mayock is a serious candidate......he should demand top dollar to deal with that atrocious organization......

1 person likes this

Mayock has already denied it according to NFL Network.

20 minutes ago, cowboy_ron said:

I don't think anyone who's ever been considered for a NFL position has ever outright admitted it until either the consideration has passed or they took the job. Either way, Mayock should just stay at NFL Network. Please don't come here and give Bruce Allen yet another scapegoat to buy his a** another 2-3 years as Team President. 

37 minutes ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

I don't think anyone who's ever been considered for a NFL position has ever outright admitted it until either the consideration has passed or they took the job. Either way, Mayock should just stay at NFL Network. Please don't come here and give Bruce Allen yet another scapegoat to buy his a** another 2-3 years as Team President. 

I feel your pain NIB....we still have to deal with Jerry till the end of time.....the dude is going to outlast water.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

If Mayock is a serious candidate......he should demand top dollar to deal with that atrocious organization......

Absolutely, would ransom them

2 hours ago, cowboy_ron said:

Looks like the Skins will have to move on to their second choice. Mel Kiper Jr

6 people like this

I tell Mike that I miss him on Notre Dame color all the time. I definitely didn't think he was GM prospect lurking all of these years.

If I still watched NFL Network with any regularity, I'd say that I'd prefer he stay in TV but NFLN is nearly unwatchable most of the time.

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, seengreen said:

I tell Mike that I miss him on Notre Dame color all the time. I definitely didn't think he was GM prospect lurking all of these years.

I talked to Mike, he said tell that EMB poster thanks and that hearing that he misses me means a lot.

1 person likes this

On March 10, 2017 at 6:58 PM, leanmeangreenmachine said:

Fun Fact: A young Mel Kiper had a job lined up with Ernie Accorsi in Baltimore before Accosi left due to the owner's Elway trade fiasco.

Kiper > Mayock

I don't see Mayock taking it.

I dont see many people wanting .... except maybe someone desperate and nothing to lose .  

Who will be Danny Boys next 

Image result for human puppet

1 person likes this

Don't do it, Mayock. It's not worth it.

On 3/10/2017 at 6:58 PM, leanmeangreenmachine said:

Man, if Mel turns it down, Little Danny Snyder will be forced to do the job himself.  He'd hate that!!!

Future news:

After 1 year working at fox as a broadcaster the Redskins have decided to hire Chip Kelly as their new general manager, we go live to his press conference:

D92rl8l.gif

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, coalman21 said:

Future news:

After 1 year working at fox as a broadcaster the Redskins have decided to hire Chip Kelly as their new general manager, we go live to his press conference:

D92rl8l.gif

Wouldn't that be ........... entertaining? 

:roll:

Fake news. Mayock won't GM the Redskins. NFL Network just trying to make noise.

2 hours ago, axe_man_trotter said:

And to think, I used to like Mayock. Nice knowin' ya!

You can still like him.  This reeks of "We (washington) did something horrible, so lets throw out a sensational name to divert the headlines to something positive"

Chris "Dan Snyder Mouthpiece" Cooley is now "speculating" it will be an internal hire.  Take that FWIW.