Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Alshon Jeffery: This City Needs A Title

11 posts in this topic

Mike Groh recalls meeting Alshon Jeffery shortly after he was named the Bears' wide receivers coach in 2013. Jeffery was coming off of a rookie season in which he had modest production - 26 catche...

View the full article

Just make sure you stay around long enough to help bring one to the city then! Don't leave after a year to the highest bidder. This team will look after you and will pay you very very well so there's no worries there. Just ask a certain Vinny Curry! 

3 people like this

Agreed. He said the same thing essentially in Chicago like a year or so ago. I really hope he sticks around to help the Eagles contend and win!

32 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Agreed. He said the same thing essentially in Chicago like a year or so ago. I really hope he sticks around to help the Eagles contend and win!

I mean personally I think it's going to come down to how he feels in this offense, how his relationship builds with Wentz and of course what kind of contract we offer him next year! Unless of course we tag him. He strikes me as the kind of player who isn't completely all about the money but that's certainly a huge driver in his decisions. 

I liked this signing a lot until I found out that the Skins signed Pryor for 1 year/8 million. I think Jeffery will improve the offense but I would have rather had Pryor who I think has more upside, not to mention 6 million cheaper. I think his history with Groh was part of the reason we signed him but 14m is a lot for a guy coming off 2 not so great seasons.

I liked this signing a lot until I found out that the Skins signed Pryor for 1 year/8 million. I think Jeffery will improve the offense but I would have rather had Pryor who I think has more upside, not to mention 6 million cheaper. I think his history with Groh was part of the reason we signed him but 14m is a lot for a guy coming off 2 not so great seasons.

Cleveland who knows Prior best and has around 100 million cap space could have signed him and chose not to. Obviously they didn't see any "upside" in him. The Redskins the organization have been a dumpster fire this off season and on Thursday, the 1st day of free agency fired their GM Scott McCloughan. Jeffery if healthy is light years better then Prior and their isn't a talent evaluator in football who wouldn't agree.

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

I mean personally I think it's going to come down to how he feels in this offense, how his relationship builds with Wentz and of course what kind of contract we offer him next year! Unless of course we tag him. He strikes me as the kind of player who isn't completely all about the money but that's certainly a huge driver in his decisions. 

He turned down more money from both Minnesota and Chicago to play here(just FYI)

2 people like this

12 hours ago, rohash said:

Cleveland who knows Prior best and has around 100 million cap space could have signed him and chose not to. Obviously they didn't see any "upside" in him. The Redskins the organization have been a dumpster fire this off season and on Thursday, the 1st day of free agency fired their GM Scott McCloughan. Jeffery if healthy is light years better then Prior and their isn't a talent evaluator in football who wouldn't agree.

Pryor has only been at WR for a year!!! Sheesh.They(Cleveland) let him walk and got Britt.Not really a bad trade off as far as less risk with Britt.After decades of nuking themselves annually in offseason and drafts,it appears the Browns have finally found some semblance of sanity in their organization.let's not forget too that Pryor can also play QB in a serious pinch

He had no QB!!!!(and still wouldn't if he had stayed in Chicago lol)

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, rohash said:

And I also want to remind you that Alshon in Chicago WAS their offense,so obviously D's keyed on him all game.They losy Bennett and got a new RB,so pretty easy for D's to defense them

1 person likes this

On March 10, 2017 at 10:01 PM, rohash said:

AGREED! You can't focus on stats alone in this game. There are SO many more factors that need to be looked at when making a judgement on a players' success.