Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Stoutland Thrilled With State Of O-Line

174 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, downwithdallas said:

I don't look at last year Dallas drafted Jaylon Smith in the early 2nd Mayock has him as his #1 CB 3rd is I think the latest he will go. Smiths knee they didn't know if he could ever play again and he still went in the 2nd rd.

He has drop foot and is going to try and play with a brace, the outlook isn't great, that was bad pick for Dallas, there are Cowboys fans, at least 1 that I know of, that was very unhappy they took him in the 2nd, over other players that could start right now. Bad example.

mike fisher ✭ Retweeted bert ross

There are cases of nerve refiring & player playing. I am not aware of cases where you have dropfoot and use brace to be a successful NFL LB

Ed Werder Retweeted Sean

So you think Jaylon Smith or any other player can be just as explosive with drop foot and brace as without? Experts disagree with you

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2695520-jaylon-smiths-nerve-damage-reportedly-has-not-seen-a-significant-change?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Source: Eagles offered Malcolm Jenkins, a third-round pick, and a fourth-round pick for Brandin Cooks

Jimmy Kempski Retweeted ProFootballTalk

Can't imagine this is right. Jenkins is a better player than Cooks, and would cost the Eagles $6mm in dead money if traded.

Edited by Don Corleone
2 people like this

Sad about Jones.Suppose it depends how bad it is

1 hour ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Oh wow thats not gonna sit well Jenkins

I have a feeling it is BS. Why would you offer one of your best defensive players and 2 picks in a talent rich draft for a undersized WR who's nearing free agency. Jenkins is locked up at a fairly reasonable price too. It doesn't even make sense.

And the Saints look like straight idiots if they took the much weaker deal the Patriots offered, which is basically the last pick in the 1st round and a slot swap from last pick in the 3rd to early 4th. I like the nameless source of this rumor, meaning they are coming from New Orleans. Trying to cover your @ss for misplaying the market still makes you look like a buffoon.

4 people like this

Ummm - the drop foot thing id real news ( although old )
Now you're going to believe rumours when before FA you didn't - or did
Who the he"" cares what a " source " said. Every player knows no player is safe, it's the "business side"
We're ok

id is is

7 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Ummm - the drop foot thing id real news ( although old )
Now you're going to believe rumours when before FA you didn't - or did
Who the he"" cares what a " source " said. Every player knows no player is safe, it's the "business side"
We're ok

Yes, the drop foot news is old, but someone said "well the Cowboys took Jaylon Smith in the 2nd round" in regards to Sidney Jones, it's not really a good/fair comparison.

Not sure anyone is or isn't believing that. It's just a report about what the Eagles supposedly offered for Cooks. If it turns out to be true, however, thank goodness they didn't make that trade, it would've been horrible, business side of football or not.

id is is

id was is or was is id??

Watching my hometown BB team-Akron U Zips playing Kent for the MAC title.They are 11 miles apart lol.Always a rivalry

I saw that report didn't really care... The rich gets richer, Cooks is a Patsy ... Howie has always maintained,he is Always looking for ways to improve the team. That trade option is always open, if it makes sense for my Birds. I am with you sdu06 some CYA cudder,shudder BS, but didn't take our offer. Maybe sending Cooks to the AFC was a better option than having to face him in the NFC. Who really cares. MJenks is a pro.

You expect me to type straight? It's Sat night, have this fractured back and finally got out for a bit. Could have imbibed a bit, believe there was some Jamesons involved. The Pats fans are happy, they know I'm an Eagles fan and it's all good.

2 people like this

And it must have been id cause it sure wasn't ego or super ego - for those of that persuasion

You expect me to type straight? It's Sat night, have this fractured back and finally got out for a bit. Could have imbibed a bit, believe there was some Jamesons involved. The Pats fans are happy, they know I'm an Eagles fan and it's all good.

You go!!

Thanks GB. Given oxy 2 wks ago, only took 3 over the 1st 3 days, no alcohol, just adjust to the pain, so it was nice to get out. Watching this "dead" thing w/ John Mayer. Guess it's ok, glad I went on tour w/ them back in the early 70's, things were um, different? Miss Jerry.

1 person likes this

I'd like to see us draft either mccaffery or  samaje perine. Both can be huge for us. Either grab mccaffery in the first then draft defense or draft defense then grab perine

2 people like this

Thanks GB. Given oxy 2 wks ago, only took 3 over the 1st 3 days, no alcohol, just adjust to the pain, so it was nice to get out. Watching this "dead" thing w/ John Mayer. Guess it's ok, glad I went on tour w/ them back in the early 70's, things were um, different? Miss Jerry.

WOW Jimmy Buffet used to open for my band.Musician for 22 years (rock)

Yeah 70's-80's were the best years ever!!

I'd like to see us draft either mccaffery or  samaje perine. Both can be huge for us. Either grab mccaffery in the first then draft defense or draft defense then grab perine

Sounds like we think alike lol.I dunno though Corey Davis is still a great WR and who knows if we keep these 2 new ones after this year

Oxy good stuff(in moderation) I had a broken ankle once.Took some and went to sleep,got up an hour later and forgot I took some,so took more.I had my own party on the couch for 3 hours HAHAHA(ugh) Double dose and I was flyin lol

If Corey Davis is there when we pick he is a MUST draft player!

1 person likes this

They were a lot of fun GB, at least for me. Then the music changed. Wish you were here, sound like a fun guy to crack a few with - except it's 7 degrees out w/ the f'n wind chill! Fire's goin and the music's on. We're adapting up here, the cold really isn't that bad as long as the wind isn't. I could sure handle a nice warm breeze in FL tho. We're going to Curacao next yr. If it's as nice as I think it is it's final destination when she retires. Laid back, nice weather, peaceful.

1 person likes this