Procus

Wouldn't it be really funny if Romo was released and then Dallas found out that Prescott was just a one year wonder?

45 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

There's been some talk, but all pre draft chatter should be discounted. I'd love to get him in the second round, but I think he might actually go in the top half of the first. The kid is a winner. 

IMO, I think he'll be a bust. But we'll see. 

1 person likes this

Prescott is the real thing.  Plus Garrettt is a very good QB mentor.....he'll continue to bring Prescott along.  Prescott is in a great position for a young QB.  Good line, good RB, good WR.......I don't thing prescott falls flat...the only thing that could hamper his development are injuries and some injuries to that line.  But every QB has to deal with that.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

IMO, I think he'll be a bust. But we'll see. 

His mechanics are all out of whack, but the dude wins ball games. I'm sure he's a really tough prospect for teams to figure out. At this point I'd say he's a reach in the top half of the first round, but a bargain in the second round and beyond. If the Giants took a flier at 23 I'd be annoyed (we have other needs), but I wouldn't kick a hole in my TV. 

20 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

His mechanics are all out of whack, but the dude wins ball games. I'm sure he's a really tough prospect for teams to figure out. At this point I'd say he's a reach in the top half of the first round, but a bargain in the second round and beyond. If the Giants took a flier at 23 I'd be annoyed (we have other needs), but I wouldn't kick a hole in my TV. 

That first sentence sounds like the excuse for tebow lol

1 person likes this

Dallas doesn't need Dak to be anything special. With that OL and running game, plus Dez they'll be fine regardless.

Prescott set the rookie record for passer rating.

I think he beat out RG III for that record.

It can all go very fast at this level.

At least he did not lose 40% of his O-line... oh, wait!

Maybe Dak needs a logo?

rgiiilogo414a.jpg&w=1484&op=resize&opt=1

10 hours ago, skippyx said:

Prescott set the rookie record for passer rating.

I think he beat out RG III for that record.

It can all go very fast at this level.

At least he did not lose 40% of his O-line... oh, wait!

Maybe Dak needs a logo?

don't like the retirement of Free. He was the weak link, but it still leaves a hole there. Chaz Green showed he could play last year, if I knew he could stay healthy I would not be worried...but he gets hurt tying his shoes.

La'el Collins is the starter at LG, Leary was just filling in for him. So I think the 40% is an exaggeration to a degree

1 hour ago, Stephen1 said:

don't like the retirement of Free. He was the weak link, but it still leaves a hole there. Chaz Green showed he could play last year, if I knew he could stay healthy I would not be worried...but he gets hurt tying his shoes.

La'el Collins is the starter at LG, Leary was just filling in for him. So I think the 40% is an exaggeration to a degree

Except every time Dallas goes 12-4, Leary is playing in most of those games.

53 minutes ago, skippyx said:

Except every time Dallas goes 12-4, Leary is playing in most of those games.

if he's good enough to make that big a difference, he should be the highest paid player in the NFL. Dallas was also 2-2 when he started in 2014.

Leary should have been the starter all along, at this point in time he is a little better than Collins, from what I have heard it comes down to consistency. Collins doesn't have the mean streak Leary does, so here and there he does not finish as well.

That said, he had to go. Tyron is one of the best LT's in the game. Frederick one of the best centers and Martin is probably the best young OG in the game and the cap won't allow you to pay everyone what they deserve. Those 3 are your priority....Martin will probably get extended before the season starts.  Getting Collins when he did not appear to be needed was a smart move. Now they plug him in (and he played well in 2014). The Dallas coaches believe Collins has the talent to play at a pro bowl level. Spending that 3rd on Chaz Green, who played well in 3 games last year was a smart move. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

If Dallas is going to base their offense on the OL and run game they need to keep spending quality picks on the OL and even RB.

I expect the OL to take a step back this season early....the key will be Green. If he stays healthy they could be just as good, or even be better than last year. He's is 10x more agile than Doug Free ever was, and is already a better pass protector. If he stays healthy, the OL will still be very good....if he doesn't? They could have issues at RT, maybe have to shuffle guys and take a nice sized step back.

all in all, if your OL boast 3 all pro's...you should still be pretty good

Those 6 guys ( line + Witten) played together a bunch since 2014.

In a league where spoiled players fought to block practice, O-line reps are precious.

huge difference between Zak and Romo, namely that Romo had to be the leader and was asked to carry the team. Zak was kind of in a different boat last year. They asked Elliott to carry the team, not Zak. Let's see how that is going forth. I'm not going to lie or take bias, the Cowboys looked freakin' dangerous all of last year. 

Trust everyone is well and slowly getting re-enthused for the coming season. They come and go so fast. I usually take my 'NFL Junky' break till the draft, then is back to the ' new 'campaign'.

Dallas fans: not so sure Collins goes to LG, but to RT instead and Green to LG. Can't wait to see J. Smith and Tapper hit the field; ~IF~ the Cowboys strike gold with those also, they deserve to be flogged for their good fortune.

Stay cool and positive all. Be back on Draft Day.

P.S. Good WR signings by the Eagles.

7 hours ago, Mearns said:

Trust everyone is well and slowly getting re-enthused for the coming season. They come and go so fast. I usually take my 'NFL Junky' break till the draft, then is back to the ' new 'campaign'.

Dallas fans: not so sure Collins goes to LG, but to RT instead and Green to LG. Can't wait to see J. Smith and Tapper hit the field; ~IF~ the Cowboys strike gold with those also, they deserve to be flogged for their good fortune.

Stay cool and positive all. Be back on Draft Day.

P.S. Good WR signings by the Eagles.

from what I have heard the plan is to go with Green at RT and if he gets hurt (since he always does) they'd move Martin out there, they don't see Green as a OG.

Yeah....I mean the chances of Smith and Tapper being great is slim....but if Smith can be a good, slightly above average LB and Tapper can contribute at DE it would be an unreal draft last year, we already have what appears to be 4 good starters out of the draft. When you take into account 1 APPEARS to be the QB of the future and an elite RB, the draft is already very good regardless at this early stage.

Just saw Dunbar signed with the Rams...good for him. I like him, but he's fragile, so glad he is gone, but he's a good kid, so I wish him the best

The offensive line carried the offense. If they keep them together and healthy, Dak will be dangerous, especially if they keep running the ball. Nothing takes pressure off a QB like pounding the ball. It will be interesting to see which QB does better this year, Wentz or Dak. I'm betting on Wentz. He had to learn some hard lessons last year. Dak didn't.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, EagleBeakin said:

The offensive line carried the offense. If they keep them together and healthy, Dak will be dangerous, especially if they keep running the ball. Nothing takes pressure off a QB like pounding the ball. It will be interesting to see which QB does better this year, Wentz or Dak. I'm betting on Wentz. He had to learn some hard lessons last year. Dak didn't.

This, even Kaep had a good year when things were going well. This comparison is a 5-10 year out deal.

On 3/16/2017 at 7:12 AM, Stephen1 said:

Just saw Dunbar signed with the Rams...good for him. I like him, but he's fragile, so glad he is gone, but he's a good kid, so I wish him the best

It was so tricky to get Dunbar into play, no sooner he gets going, gone with another injury for a long stretch. I am glad what is happening with the team, sooner or later Free was retiring, sooner or later the secondary must be rebuild it along younger, cheaper lines, and sooner or later Romo's cap hit must be paid; let it all be the same year and position for a serious 4-5 year run. The constant band aid approaches in the NFL can keep teams at 'almost' forever, and then the window closes. Still. hated Carr leaving, may not have been great, but a great person.

I said it last year, Dak will have a fine career from Day #1, because he is so mature, focused, yet open-minded and thus why he is learning so fast, and ~consistent~. Not an emotional weekly wreck. Caution with the ball is his M.O., media darling 'gunslinger' is not, nor is he selfish but a team player. His max is not nor has to be better than everyone else, top 10 will do with the Cowboys.

/Laters

1 person likes this

On 3/15/2017 at 8:19 AM, Stephen1 said:

I just saw where PFF is reporting that Zeke has been cleared of his 2016 incidents........so I guess we can now focus on nipplegate.

12 hours ago, Mearns said:

It was so tricky to get Dunbar into play, no sooner he gets going, gone with another injury for a long stretch. I am glad what is happening with the team, sooner or later Free was retiring, sooner or later the secondary must be rebuild it along younger, cheaper lines, and sooner or later Romo's cap hit must be paid; let it all be the same year and position for a serious 4-5 year run. The constant band aid approaches in the NFL can keep teams at 'almost' forever, and then the window closes. Still. hated Carr leaving, may not have been great, but a great person.

I said it last year, Dak will have a fine career from Day #1, because he is so mature, focused, yet open-minded and thus why he is learning so fast, and ~consistent~. Not an emotional weekly wreck. Caution with the ball is his M.O., media darling 'gunslinger' is not, nor is he selfish but a team player. His max is not nor has to be better than everyone else, top 10 will do with the Cowboys.

/Laters

Great post, having the rookie qb allows us to look long term

9 hours ago, cowboy_ron said:

I just saw where PFF is reporting that Zeke has been cleared of his 2016 incidents........so I guess we can now focus on nipplegate.

Yeah, it's about time, that was a joke

On 13/03/2017 at 6:08 PM, Stephen1 said:

Haha that is hilarious.