Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Looking At The State Of The Eagles

179 posts in this topic

Nick wouldn't have been my first choice was thinking developmental draft guy if we moved Chase...But Foles is a good backup and has proven he can win games in this league even if he shouldn't be counted on for 16 games 

Also still gives Wentz a vet. presence to lean on something that does tend to be overlooked and seems Joe values 

BG, I think with Wentz it makes more sense to have a veteran in the QB room with him.   We also have too many holes to waste a draft pick on a QB that you are hoping never touches the field

10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

El is also a great catcher as well.Versatile like McCaff would be

He's gone under the radar since Johnson's stepped into stardom. We do better with mid tier signings but I HOPE Jeffrey ball's for us next season. I'd still like a FA LB though. Kendricks is likely gone. Brown from the Bills could be had for cheap. Jarvis Jenkins from PIT is an edge rusher I'd look at. Not many starting potential LB. Paul Worrilow was productive 2 seasons ago, still young but I think he just got signed

1 person likes this

Just now, rsnyder23 said:

BG, I think with Wentz it makes more sense to have a veteran in the QB room with him.   We also have too many holes to waste a draft pick on a QB that you are hoping never touches the field

sorry my view on late round picks tends to lean more toward most promising players not holes.....Like a few 7th rounders at QB dude from Colorado tops my list guess they could possibly be UDFA also 

1 person likes this

I am also not the type to think all of our holes are filled in this draft..... Think realistically we can fill 3 of them RB, DL, CB 

Well, we can still go developmental in the 7th even with Foles, but don't think you'd want to go into the season with a 7th round pick as your backup...

Well, we can still go developmental in the 7th even with Foles, but don't think you'd want to go into the season with a 7th round pick as your backup...

Yep,my choice there is Liufau from Colorado

He's a 7th,but fine as a 3rd string project

7 minutes ago, rsnyder23 said:

Not that big of a concern to me honestly the backup should never see the field.....see teams go late round QBs as backups quite a bit 

11 minutes ago, rsnyder23 said:

Not that big of a concern to me honestly the backup should never see the field.....see teams go late round QBs as backups quite a bit 

Noone WANTS to,but they still have to be ready.So I am fine with this signing.At least he has thrown a few balls.

Nick wouldn't have been my first choice was thinking developmental draft guy if we moved Chase...But Foles is a good backup and has proven he can win games in this league even if he shouldn't be counted on for 16 games 

No you need a guy who can step in not a rook who would have to take over if your QB got hurt the first play of the year lol

Now Kev has me interested in the Ellington FA at RB lol

1 person likes this

Also Knile Davis is a FA

Jeffery will wear #17

Smith will wear #82

Warmack will wear #67

Agholor will now wear #13

Burton will wear #88

1 person likes this

How did Foles go from a one year 1.75 mil contract to this? Because of his brilliance last season? You have to be kidding me. So far the Rosie and Pedey era has been marred by massively overpaying backup QBs. Arghhhh

1 person likes this

So $5.5 million a year for a back-up is too much?

Foles deal is BS. Not sure what the Eagles are thinking here. Certainly hope Daniels' contract disappears soon!

Foles deal is BS. Not sure what the Eagles are thinking here. Certainly hope Daniels' contract disappears soon!

BU and save money

Jeffery will wear #17

Smith will wear #82

Warmack will wear #67

Burton will wear #88

AG-13.Just the confidence booster he needs(NOT)

17 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Jeffery will wear #17

Smith will wear #82

Warmack will wear #67

Burton will wear #88

AG-13.Just the confidence booster he needs(NOT)

SMH lol

1 person likes this

Lol didn't Alshon say Nelson could keep #17? Wonder what happened, is he getting bullied already? Its gonna be a looonggg season for Nelly.

1 person likes this

I like Ertz but there are some good TE's this year. Top 3 guys I think can start day 1. I kinda want Burton's contract picked up so we can take one in the 2nd lol. Njoku would be my guy.