Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Looking At The State Of The Eagles

179 posts in this topic

Sanchez was getting something like $6.5 million here as a back-up, you guys complained because Daniel was getting $500K more, Foles is getting $1.5 million less than Daniel and you guys are still complaining.

1 person likes this

Lol didn't Alshon say Nelson could keep #17? Wonder what happened, Nelson getting bullied already? Its gonna be a looonggg season for Nelly.

Whomever makes the most gets jersey number choice

Sanchez was getting something like $6.5 million here as a back-up, you guys complained because Daniel was getting $500K more, Foles is getting $1.5 million less than Daniel and you guys are still complaining.

I'm not(rare eh?)

58 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

No you need a guy who can step in not a rook who would have to take over if your QB got hurt the first play of the year lol

You mean like Kurt Warner or Tom Brady....... Honestly with a rookie you get the unknown of what they can be with a vet backup you know what your getting....Maybe some are happy with the knowing I like to take my chances with the unknown 

Also if Wentz went down counting it as a lost season I don't believe in Foles enough to carry this team trust him as much as a 7th rounder 

1 person likes this

But makes me sound like I hate the signing which isn't exactly the case think Foles is a solid backup game or 2 he can win for us if needed.....But again believe this team success will live and die with Wentz right now 

1 person likes this

ALL OF YOU NEED TO DROP THIS CONVO lol, stop thinking Carson's gonna get injured, or he actually might 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, KevvMoss said:

ALL OF YOU NEED TO DROP THIS CONVO lol, stop thinking Carson's gonna get injured, or he actually might 

hahahahahahahaha my superstitions don't start till pre-season......

1 person likes this

Have to go along w/ you Kevv RE;Burton. Imo FOles has higher upside than Chase. At the current state of the team, I would think picking Burton back up was more important. Then again guess there's a plan and we just don't know it. Heard that somewhere else before ;)

1 person likes this

Ryan Switzer = Day 1 slot receiver. Watching him at the combine, he looks quicker than quick, runs good routes and catches everything as well. He is Edelman/Beasley Jr. I think hes projected to go anywhere in the 6th, but I think he's a 3rd round talent. This draft is deep everywhere lol. 2 other guys I like late, Taywan Taylor and Gabe Marks projected 5th. 

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

No you need a guy who can step in not a rook who would have to take over if your QB got hurt the first play of the year lol

You mean like Kurt Warner or Tom Brady....... Honestly with a rookie you get the unknown of what they can be with a vet backup you know what your getting....Maybe some are happy with the knowing I like to take my chances with the unknown 

Also if Wentz went down counting it as a lost season I don't believe in Foles enough to carry this team trust him as much as a 7th rounder 

Say your QB gets hurt in post season.I do NOT want an unkown leading my team from there

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Former pro-bowler? Ok it was 1 season,but still a far cry from a round 7 project

Ryan Switzer = Day 1 slot receiver. Watching him at the combine, he looks quicker than quick, runs good routes and catches everything as well. He is Edelman/Beasley Jr. I think hes projected to go anywhere in the 6th, but I think he's a 3rd round talent. This draft is deep everywhere lol. 2 other guys I like late, Taywan Taylor and Gabe Marks projected 5th. 

Yeah I like Taywan also.Another late guy to target IMO would be Travin Dural.He didn't get much attention due to the other WR and of course their prime RB.But the kid can play,Darboh(Michigan) may fall off the rada as well

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Don Corleone said:

Three bad contracts doesn't make a good contract

Daniel I could accept at least with him helping jumpstart the new offensive system being implemented. First year coach bringing in a coach on the field thing. I'd favor bringing in coaches that count less on the salary cap though, How are you going to practice with Foles? Just act like the ball got there 5 seconds before it does, fake catch it and run upfield?

We still have Daniel's contract too.... Unless that disappears in total, I would say it was a terrible signing...

1 person likes this

Never pay more than 4 million for a back up QB, or that back up better be good enough to win play-off games for you.... Foles is not that guy IMO...

1 person likes this

If there is interest in Chase you would think we could trade him not just drop him. Give him permission to seek trade type deal. Like Barbre got.

42 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah I like Taywan also.Another late guy to target IMO would be Travin Dural.He didn't get much attention due to the other WR and of course their prime RB.But the kid can play,Darboh(Michigan) may fall off the rada as well

I like Darboh, Dural not as much, don't really think he'll become an nfl reciever. I have Darreus Rogers above these guys, strong hands, good catch radius and runs okay routes,  didn't stand out because of JuJu who I think will be an okay receiver and Justin Davis who I like late, good patience and elusiveness 

1 person likes this

Not in the FO, so don't know the plan. On the surface I would not have picked up Foles. It's only Wentzs' 2nd yr and Nick cannot give the coaching Chase can. It's also why I wanted Kelce to stay, to help the young QB by reading the D and making adjustments. Again, don't know what the plan is, but when developing a young QB, a few mill should not matter.

So if someone signs Daniel Eagles get money back next year cap. Something about the offset language😕

3 hours ago, stine said:

We still have Daniel's contract too.... Unless that disappears in total, I would say it was a terrible signing...

How about relaxing, he's not going to be on the roster for much longer.

Image result for oh noes

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

So if someone signs Daniel Eagles get money back next year cap. Something about the offset language😕

Correct Freak, Eagles owe Daniel $5M according to Garafolo, so whatever a team signs him to, that's what the Eagles will save.

Hmmm, Demarcus Ware is retiring and Bennie Logan is signing with the Chiefs.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Three bad contracts doesn't make a good contract

3 hours ago, stine said:

Never pay more than 4 million for a back up QB, or that back up better be good enough to win play-off games for you.... Foles is not that guy IMO...

It's not your money and it's not going to hamper the Eagles going forward, so what's the issue? Foles only has $7 million in guarantees, good lord.

2 people like this

Andre Ellington back to the Cardinals

Only a 1 yr deal for Bennie. Good run stuffer, pass not so much although he's only 27. Yeah well, take care Bennie. C'mon Beau - time to step up!