Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Looking At The State Of The Eagles

179 posts in this topic

Hope Aziz is putting on some muscle during the OS

17 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

It's not your money and it's not going to hamper the Eagles going forward, so what's the issue? Foles only has $7 million in guarantees, good lord.

He made 1.75 mil last season as the backup in KC. Why such a huge jump in one season? That he barely played. And didn't play very well. AR is struggling with Smith at QB. If there was much value I'm sure he would still be in KC. Do you believe the free agent market was just overwhelmingly clamoring for his services? I don't. And that's saying a lot because some are desperate. Desperate teams that last season bid all over Brock Osweiler to give him crazy money. I'm sure not basing my contracts on what Osweiler got. Just like I won't base contracts on Butt Fumbles contract.---But whatever. Some just got to have that veteran backup that's overpaid. 

He was scheduled to make over $4 million with the Chiefs this year and they declined to pick up his option, that's the reason he was an FA.

23 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Some just got to have that veteran backup that's overpaid

If Wentz goes down with injury Foles sure isn't overpaid.  He would play well and keep the Eagles afloat -- unlike Daniel or the majority of other backup QBs on the market.

2 people like this

Why is everyone acting like this Chase signing and release is a terrible move by Howie...Honestly the way the contract was laid out seems to have been smart by Howie.....Chase was insurance last year we had no clue we were going to be able to get Wentz and Sammy injury history is well documented....Things changed Howie and co. respected Chase wishes to want a chance to start which he was not getting here we save 1m from the release and set to save more once he signs a new contract with another team 

1 person likes this

Eagles hosted Ross not sure it really means much will host a ton of players but something to note......I would still like the Eagles to get Zay Jones would get time to develop and could be a good inside or outside WR IMO..... If we decided to move Jmatt think Zay could step in right away and play in the slot..... If we waited a year let Alshon or Torrey go think Zay could play outside 

3 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

It's not your money and it's not going to hamper the Eagles going forward, so what's the issue? Foles only has $7 million in guarantees, good lord.

He made 1.75 mil last season as the backup in KC. Why such a huge jump in one season? That he barely played. And didn't play very well. AR is struggling with Smith at QB. If there was much value I'm sure he would still be in KC. Do you believe the free agent market was just overwhelmingly clamoring for his services? I don't. And that's saying a lot because some are desperate. Desperate teams that last season bid all over Brock Osweiler to give him crazy money. I'm sure not basing my contracts on what Osweiler got. Just like I won't base contracts on Butt Fumbles contract.---But whatever. Some just got to have that veteran backup that's overpaid. 

36-55-410 yds, 3 TD 0 INT, 105.9 rating, 1-0 record as starter. That's Foles stats from last year. Yes he didn't play much but looks like he played pretty well.

1 person likes this

:( heard Webster signed with the Rams he was my guy at CB.....Still little shocked the Eagles haven't signed some type of vet yet at CB 

1 person likes this

Chiefs signed Bennie also.....Wonder if the Eagles go after Hankins from the Giants been reported we had some interest in him 

8 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

No you need a guy who can step in not a rook who would have to take over if your QB got hurt the first play of the year lol

You mean like Kurt Warner or Tom Brady....... Honestly with a rookie you get the unknown of what they can be with a vet backup you know what your getting....Maybe some are happy with the knowing I like to take my chances with the unknown 

Also if Wentz went down counting it as a lost season I don't believe in Foles enough to carry this team trust him as much as a 7th rounder 

How about if Foles has a running back like Cook at his side? LOL

Eagles hosted Ross not sure it really means much will host a ton of players but something to note......I would still like the Eagles to get Zay Jones would get time to develop and could be a good inside or outside WR IMO..... If we decided to move Jmatt think Zay could step in right away and play in the slot..... If we waited a year let Alshon or Torrey go think Zay could play outside 

Did a few sims before Zay seen him slip to the 3rd few times.

Regarding the cap, over the cap just hasn't kept up thru all of FA. Sportrac at least has taken Chase off but hasn't added in Wiz or Foles. W/o them there was -7.48 mill ( yes, that's 7.48 over ), again that's w/o Foles and Wiz. They estimate 6.8 mill needed for the draft.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/cap/

Never pay more than 4 million for a back up QB, or that back up better be good enough to win play-off games for you.... Foles is not that guy IMO...

He might not be that guy but he was the last QB the Eagles had that played in a playoff game. And he played well enough in that playoff game to win it. As I recall he had the Eagles leading late in the game and the defense let the team down.

1 person likes this

Not worried about it, Nick is an ok b/u and not that expensive - his contract is 7 mill guaranteed.

Never concern myself with the cap.....Howie will get it under control....plus the Eagles are set to save more on Chase when he signs a new contract 

16 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Regarding the cap, over the cap just hasn't kept up thru all of FA. Sportrac at least has taken Chase off but hasn't added in Wiz or Foles. W/o them there was -7.48 mill ( yes, that's 7.48 over ), again that's w/o Foles and Wiz. They estimate 6.8 mill needed for the draft.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/cap/

They don't seem to have Ertz reworked contract on there either 

Hmmmm not sure why but thinking Cleveland takes a flier on Chase..... Hue can work with a QB with limitations build an O around that and Chase is a smart guy should limit TOs plus would be a good QB to have when they do draft a QB(don't have to force the QB to start day 1) and if you are the Browns don't want that.....

How about trading the Bears for Kyle Fuller?

Chiefs signed Bennie also.....Wonder if the Eagles go after Hankins from the Giants been reported we had some interest in him 

Can't find anything current on Hankins BG.