Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Looking At The State Of The Eagles

179 posts in this topic

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 6:18 AM, johnreaves said:

Forget RB. Sproles, Smallwood, Marshall, and Watkins are fine. In the first three rounds I see CB, DE, CB...or DE, CB, CB.

Absolutely fine. Sproles is a scat back who only thrives in a complimentary role(I love rooting for him). Smallwood was a rookie that showed very little and then got injured. Marshall is practice squad material at best. Watson could be a good change up from the small complimentary backs. But he has how many carries? Going into the season with this at RB is giving up on the 2017 season if you ask me.

sproles is fine. Smallwood will never be a great back. We have been spoiled with running backs through the years. We need a back that defenses are forced to respect. Sproles is retiring next year. Don't want to have to go into next years draft needing our premiere running back still when we could have solved it at pick 14.

Im ok with us getting a corner in the first round but i want a running back then in the second. I don't trust ryan matthews. Don't need the extra stress worrying about him fumbling or possibly getting hurt. So please get us a new running back in one if the first two rounds

ryan wont be back

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:36 PM, mjkline1958 said:

JMat had a really good yr for being the only weapon on a bad WR squad, D's keyed in on him. Why do peeps want to get rid of him early? We should get WR's in this draft, and for some to step up. Sureh e may ask for more than we're willing to pay when the time comes, will have to deal with it then. FOr now, he's developed a relationship w/ Wentz, shouldn't take that away just yet.

As for the Fuller for Kendricks trade, could be interesting. Fuller's only getting a little over 3 mill

Does a team entertain offers for a player that is deemed a long term answer?

I want to see wentz build chemistry with alshon. I could care less if wentz locked jmatt in a closet when they are not in public. Jmatt is a slot guy period and we will see how good of one this year which also just so happens to be final year on his contract. So all the playing ability you see out of him will be the best he can do.

Watching Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah talking Eagles had them double dipping at CB in the first two round had us going White round 1 and Fabian Moreau in the 2nd  

That's not a bad idea at all.