DaveSpadaro

[News] Wentz And Foles And The QB Story

368 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

1-14-TreDavious White-CB-LSU 2-43-Gareon Conley-CB-OSU 3-74-Tarell Basham-DE-Ohio U 4-119-Tanoh Kpassagnon-DE-Villanova 4-139-Julie'n Davenport-OT-Bucknell 5-155-Stacy Coley-WR-Miami 6-194-Deveon Smith-RB-Michigan 7-230-Tarik Cohen-RB-NC AT&T Smalls/Sproles will just have to DO IT(assuming Rmat is gone) But now we have a passing game so relying on the running game is not as pressing :)

Still like this mock!!

At any rate,this is my fav mock.Coley will be a nice WR in time under at least a year with Jeffrey and Smith and we can cover CB and finally get a pass rush,depth at OT,a bsher back and a scat back to replace Spoles

15 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Coley ran a 4.30 lol Raw talent we can get late(see mock) who can be just as good in time

That's definitely saying a whole lot. Mike Williams looks so beast. Just hard for me not envisioning him becoming an elite NFL talent.

Yeah,draft is deep with guys that could blossom.Williams ready to go,but we can afford to take a flier on a raw one,and why I think Coley is good at 5,so we can fix the other areas we need

I KNOW it's only a highlight vid,but for a round 5 I'd take him in a heartbeat

Plus he plays against some decent opposition-not small school stuff lol

To expand on the scenario I mentioned last night about what McShay said about McCaffery starting at slot receiver. I expounded on that by tying it in to the rumour the Eagles would not want to put the money into JMat next yr - put that money into retaining Alshon. Could maybe even trade back a few spots for McCaffery. In this scenario we'd get another pick or fill a need w/ a player with JMat trade and another pick for trading back.

Somehow I believe that the Eagles have determined that JMatt is not in the long term plans of the team or they wouldn't be entertaining offers for him. He is the reason that I have still been paying attention to free agency. I still believe if the Eagles can obtain a good DE, DT, LB or CB in a trade for him, he is gone.

25 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  31 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:
  16 hours ago, downwithdallas said:
  16 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

I like his team mate Channing Stribling better. I think he has more up side at 6ft 2in. Probably get Stribling somewhere in the 4 or 5 round.

You are crazy 

Strengths

Ultra-competitive with an overwhelming drive to succeed. Allowed just seven catches in 2016 for completion percentage against of 23.3. An annoyance from press coverage. Squats on top of his target waiting to punch and impede. Twitchy feet can stick and close to ball instantly when he reads pass. Able to flip hips and accelerate quickly. Has lateral quickness and agility to flourish from the slot. Has adequate recovery speed to make up for an early mistake. Finds ball with back to quarterback as well as anyone in college. Maintains tight coverage downfield and waits for receiver's eyes to cue him in on when to turn and find it. In three years as a starter, credited with 42 passes defensed, including six interceptions. Allowed just two touchdowns during same time frame. Showed off ball skills and athleticism with highlight reel, one-handed interception against Wisconsin. Has special teams experience as a gunner and in return game.

Channing Stribling.
Reese Strickland-USA TODAY Sports
When watching Channing Stribling on film, I see a very physical corner who wants to get up in the receivers face. Stribling is very good at flipping his hips and locating the ball in the air. He has long arms, which help him deflect passes when in his general area. Stribling has great closing speed when the ball is in the air. Stribling does seem to struggle with penalties because he is so physical but I believe that is something that can be easily coached. In the game against Wisconsin this year, Stribling was all over the receivers breaking up passes and getting two interceptions. He looks really good when playing press because he is so long and is able to close on the receiver and break up the play. Mark Snyder of the Detroit Free Press wrote, "Harbaugh said today on the "Jamie and Stoney Show” on WXYT-FM (97.1). "This player will have a fine future. This guy will probably play 10 years in the NFL. I can’t say enough good things about him." This is a great endorsement by one of the games best coaches. Harbaugh knows what it takes to play in the NFL and he obviously sees the talent that Stribling possesses. My player comparison for Channing Stribling is Washington Redskin cornerback, Josh Norman. Stribling, like Norman, likes to be physical at the line of scrimmage with the receiver. They both use their arm length to get themselves back into the play and break up passes. I believe Stribling will be drafted in rounds 3-5 but I believe, like Norman, he will outperform his draft day value and be a very good corner in the NFL for years to come.

Yeah but we need a starter PRONTO lol

Hey buddy, It wasn't Stribling who cost Michigan the win in the Orange bowl this year. It was Lewis who gave up the winning TD. You know me, I always look to see how players do in their toughest competition. Stribling had a better game than Lewis against Florida State. By his own admission Jourdon Lewis said he played the worst game of his career in that game. That game also put RB Cook over the top for me. Michigan had the second rated defense in the country last year and Cook rushed for 150 yards in that game.

Depends if they view him as someone who can not only transition,but start,we need an NFL starter not a project IMO

Of course GB, I am not saying to wait until the 4th or 5th round to take a CB. Get the two guys you want at the top of the draft but if Stribling is there in the 4th or 5th round, I would take him. If we don't get another veteran in free agency and must start two rookies you almost have to draft 3 CB's as an insurance policy unless the Eagles feel that we already have a potential starter on the roster.

Prefer my mock taking Coley down there

25 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  31 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  16 hours ago, downwithdallas said:
  16 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

I like his team mate Channing Stribling better. I think he has more up side at 6ft 2in. Probably get Stribling somewhere in the 4 or 5 round.

You are crazy 

Strengths

Ultra-competitive with an overwhelming drive to succeed. Allowed just seven catches in 2016 for completion percentage against of 23.3. An annoyance from press coverage. Squats on top of his target waiting to punch and impede. Twitchy feet can stick and close to ball instantly when he reads pass. Able to flip hips and accelerate quickly. Has lateral quickness and agility to flourish from the slot. Has adequate recovery speed to make up for an early mistake. Finds ball with back to quarterback as well as anyone in college. Maintains tight coverage downfield and waits for receiver's eyes to cue him in on when to turn and find it. In three years as a starter, credited with 42 passes defensed, including six interceptions. Allowed just two touchdowns during same time frame. Showed off ball skills and athleticism with highlight reel, one-handed interception against Wisconsin. Has special teams experience as a gunner and in return game.

Channing Stribling.
Reese Strickland-USA TODAY Sports
When watching Channing Stribling on film, I see a very physical corner who wants to get up in the receivers face. Stribling is very good at flipping his hips and locating the ball in the air. He has long arms, which help him deflect passes when in his general area. Stribling has great closing speed when the ball is in the air. Stribling does seem to struggle with penalties because he is so physical but I believe that is something that can be easily coached. In the game against Wisconsin this year, Stribling was all over the receivers breaking up passes and getting two interceptions. He looks really good when playing press because he is so long and is able to close on the receiver and break up the play. Mark Snyder of the Detroit Free Press wrote, "Harbaugh said today on the "Jamie and Stoney Show” on WXYT-FM (97.1). "This player will have a fine future. This guy will probably play 10 years in the NFL. I can’t say enough good things about him." This is a great endorsement by one of the games best coaches. Harbaugh knows what it takes to play in the NFL and he obviously sees the talent that Stribling possesses. My player comparison for Channing Stribling is Washington Redskin cornerback, Josh Norman. Stribling, like Norman, likes to be physical at the line of scrimmage with the receiver. They both use their arm length to get themselves back into the play and break up passes. I believe Stribling will be drafted in rounds 3-5 but I believe, like Norman, he will outperform his draft day value and be a very good corner in the NFL for years to come.

Yeah but we need a starter PRONTO lol

Hey buddy, It wasn't Stribling who cost Michigan the win in the Orange bowl this year. It was Lewis who gave up the winning TD. You know me, I always look to see how players do in their toughest competition. Stribling had a better game than Lewis against Florida State. By his own admission Jourdon Lewis said he played the worst game of his career in that game. That game also put RB Cook over the top for me. Michigan had the second rated defense in the country last year and Cook rushed for 150 yards in that game.

Depends if they view him as someone who can not only transition,but start,we need an NFL starter not a project IMO

Of course GB, I am not saying to wait until the 4th or 5th round to take a CB. Get the two guys you want at the top of the draft but if Stribling is there in the 4th or 5th round, I would take him. If we don't get another veteran in free agency and must start two rookies you almost have to draft 3 CB's as an insurance policy unless the Eagles feel that we already have a potential starter on the roster.

Mills could start if he had to IMO

36 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

To expand on the scenario I mentioned last night about what McShay said about McCaffery starting at slot receiver. I expounded on that by tying it in to the rumour the Eagles would not want to put the money into JMat next yr - put that money into retaining Alshon. Could maybe even trade back a few spots for McCaffery. In this scenario we'd get another pick or fill a need w/ a player with JMat trade and another pick for trading back.

Somehow I believe that the Eagles have determined that JMatt is not in the long term plans of the team or they wouldn't be entertaining offers for him. He is the reason that I have still been paying attention to free agency. I still believe if the Eagles can obtain a good DE, DT, LB or CB in a trade for him, he is gone.

We could probably trade down and still get my top 2 CB's also,then we could get your Stribling pick maybe along with my Coley pick in 5 lol

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline  59m59 minutes ago
Unofficial times from Clemson Pro Day: Mike Williams 4.51s/4.49s, Jordan Leggett 4.69s/4.68s, Carlos Watkins 5.00s/5.01s, #Clemson

DC, I read an article a couple days ago that said since the Eagles signed Jeffery and Smith they would no longer be interested in drafting Davis because of him having the same skill set. They also said if they draft a receiver than Williams would probably be the guy because he would be a better slot receiver than Davis. I don't necessarily agree with that assessment but you never know. I would not be in favor of taking a slot receiver in the first round if in fact that is Williams best attribute.

1 minute ago, 1wrangler said:

DC, I read an article a couple days ago that said since the Eagles signed Jeffery and Smith they would no longer be interested in drafting Davis because of him having the same skill set. They also said if they draft a receiver than Williams would probably be the guy because he would be a better slot receiver than Davis. I don't necessarily agree with that assessment but you never know. I would not be in favor of taking a slot receiver in the first round if in fact that is Williams best attribute.

That's bass ackwards, Williams has the same skill set as Jeffery and just because the Eagles added WR's in FA, doesn't mean they wont draft one early, Smith and Jeffery are basically here on one year deals, on top of that Davis isn't just an outside guy, he can be moved all over the field.

2 people like this

4 hours ago, ASG15 said:

Well 10 working days and I officially join the ranks of the retired.

I'm ready

He77 yes! That has to feel so good. We expect more insights from you once you have extra time.

Doubt we will hear much from ASG... He will post a sign on his nic, saying "Gone Fishing"....

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Don Corleone said:
Tony Pauline @TonyPauline  6m6 minutes ago
Early takeaways from Clemson pro-day: 1- Mike Williams catching the ball really well but his routes are below par.

The guy is in the top ten. I give him major props for being out there. He isn't catching passes for himself. He's trying to help out his QB. So he's going with minimal injury risk stuff and making sure him and Deshaun get easy completions with Deshaun being looked at with his throwing motion under scrutiny. Normal stuff really. He went all out on his forty yard dash. That was all that mattered for him today(along with staying healthy).

57 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

This doesn't even make sense. Step back and listen for a second. You don't want to draft a guy because he is too much like the guy you just inked for 14 mil....on a prove it contract?

NFL Mocks CrewVerified account @NFLMocks  45m45 minutes ago
Eagles, Ravens, Bengals are at the Penn State Pro Day for one guy: Chris Godwin. Only three up close watching his routes and catches

Benjamin Solak @BenjaminSolak  14m14 minutes ago
Chris Godwin talking about his pre-Draft workouts. Confirms he's working out with Philly at the end.

Knowing we like Tredavious White(who can be had late round 1) what would you do in this trade scenario? Trade firsts with Houston(we move down to pick 25) and pick up their 2nd and 4th(picks 57 and 130 respectively).That would give us 10 picks in this loaded draft

1 person likes this

This doesn't even make sense. Step back and listen for a second. You don't want to draft a guy because he is too much like the guy you just inked for 14 mil....on a prove it contract?

What if he doesn't prove it?? lol