DaveSpadaro

[News] Wentz And Foles And The QB Story

368 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

If I don't allow you to answer "neither" to this question, Which player at this point in their careers would you rather have on your team? Ryan Mathews 29 or Jamaal Charles 30?

A 30 year old back with multiple knee surgeries, or a 29 year old back coming off a severe neck injury? Yeah, sorry, but my answer is neither.

Well he gave us no choice lol

1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

Perine, Hunt, Gallman, Kamara, J. Williams Utah, J. Williams BYU, McNichols, Foreman (but he fumbles too much,) Conner.

That is just the names us fans are high on sure NFL circles has names that known of us even heard of lol(or at least putting on our lists lol) 

30 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

LMAO, When I suggested that the Eagles take Cook with pick 14 most folks said the Eagles wouldn't consider taking a RB that high. I am the type of guy that believes in rebuilding an offense from the inside out as I have previously stated. 1. Get your franchise QB. 2. Get a great offensive line to protect your QB 3. Get a great RB to take the pressure off your young QB. 4. Get two great TE's to help block and catch short yardage passes to keep the chains moving. 5. Get two good receivers. It appears we have have our franchise QB and a good O-line. It also appears we have two good TE's although O.J. Howard would make them even better. It also appears for the present time that our current WR's should have what it takes to get the job done. RB Cook should seal the deal if the opportunity is there to take him. The defense is another matter altogether. If the Eagles don't take a defensive player first I am afraid Jim Schwartz will go off the deep end!

The eagles don't have to take a RB in the first round, in order to upgrade the Rb position. They can get a great RB, not named Fournette or Cook in the later rounds of this year's draft. I can name them if you'd like.

Of course DC, I was just stating that I wouldn't be against taking Cook in round one. As far as trading JMatt, I wouldn't give him away but if I could get a good LB,DE or CB for his services he is gone. I still believe there is someone on the current roster that could do a good job at the slot receiver position now that we got a couple better receivers for the outside.

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

That is just the names us fans are high on sure NFL circles has names that known of us even heard of lol(or at least putting on our lists lol) 

Marlon Mack also a long shot possible

2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Well, there's also, Brian Hill, Tarik Cohen, Marlon Mack, Donnel Pumphrey and Elijah McGuire.

1 minute ago, 1wrangler said:

Of course DC, I was just stating that I wouldn't be against taking Cook in round one. As far as trading JMatt, I wouldn't give him away but if I could get a good LB,DE or CB for his services he is gone. I still believe there is someone on the current roster that could do a good job at the slot receiver position now that we got a couple better receivers for the outside.

No clue what Treggs would look like in the slot.He's a burner but apparently a slow learner as we didn't give him many plays(and won't this year either unless he can play slot.His speed would be helpful

Just now, Don Corleone said:

Well, there's also, Brian Hill, Tarik Cohen, Marlon Mack, Donnel Pumphrey and Elijah McGuire.

Corey Clement, Hood, Smith(Mich.), Daynes(NC State eagles showed early interest) and still more guys could likely make a case for loaded RB class 

5 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

We need to look for Sproles replacement,so who is the best 'scat" back out there? May not be ranked high,but someone with the special skills of being shifty and elusive(who has great hands)

Rumors are now the Eagles are trying to trade one of our WRs Jmatt(which isn't new news) or AG guess possibly DGB.....Kendricks/Kelce are still part of trade rumors....Also Malcolm Jenkins which I am not a fan of at all if they are true 

Eh those rumors are based off other rumors. Jenkins offered to Saints was bs. So now ooh Jenkins could be had Dolphins should go for him.

I'd pass on Clement

Not saying I want all these guys just listing all the names even if we don't want them another team might which in turn could help another guy fall to us 

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

We need to look for Sproles replacement,so who is the best 'scat" back out there? May not be ranked high,but someone with the special skills of being shifty and elusive(who has great hands)

Donnel Pumphrey is likely the best but Eagles have stated they like Smalls as a pass-catcher so would not be shocked to see him get an increased role was Sproles retires 

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I'd say Pumphrey and McGuire, would lean more toward McGuire.

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Not saying I want all these guys just listing all the names even if we don't want them another team might which in turn could help another guy fall to us 

I knew what you were saying.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Eh those rumors are based off other rumors. Jenkins offered to Saints was bs. So now ooh Jenkins could be had Dolphins should go for him.

Hence why they are rumors not saying they are all true but normally where there is smoke there is some sort of fire.....Not saying anything will happen just trying to keep up with them all 

14 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Chris Carson ill throw him in there

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

No clue what Treggs would look like in the slot.He's a burner but apparently a slow learner as we didn't give him many plays(and won't this year either unless he can play slot.His speed would be helpful

There are options GB, Beckham is the same size as Jordan. Maybe an inch taller. He could cause problems in the middle of the field. Or how about the good hands people Paul Turner? Wouldn't surprise me if Trey Burton could play slot receiver and Wentz loves throwing to him. If Burton could play the position we could have all 3 TE's on the field together.

1 person likes this

It's a shame Royce Freeman got hurt and decided to return to Oregon, would've loved to have him this year.

2 people like this

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2079633/khalfani-muhammad Interesting UDFA pick-up Sproles replacement? Given a year under Sproles wing who knows and also a legit ST returner(aka burner)

It's a shame Royce Freeman got hurt and decided to return to Oregon, would've loved to have him this year.

Oh man yeah.I believe you and I both had him for us early on

10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  13 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

There are options GB, Beckham is the same size as Jordan. Maybe an inch taller. He could cause problems in the middle of the field. Or how about the good hands people Paul Turner? Wouldn't surprise me if Trey Burton could play slot receiver and Wentz loves throwing to him. If Burton could play the position we could have all 3 TE's on the field together.

Slot spot like you say I believe is covered even if JMatt goes away.Not too worried and now with the 2 outside threats,that would make it easier on whomever

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Hence why they are rumors not saying they are all true but normally where there is smoke there is some sort of fire.....Not saying anything will happen just trying to keep up with them all 

Sometimes man media just sniff something n go with it. Perfect example was the Fuller trade. That was started from one the guys at T-Law pad. Next thing you know its everywhere. Though he does have posts at Bleacher Report.

Think its also i good reason to have trusted sources on who you listen to.

12 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Corey Clement, Hood, Smith(Mich.), Daynes(NC State eagles showed early interest) and still more guys could likely make a case for loaded RB class 

Smith-very raw,but the kids does NOT quit.He will fight for 6 inches.Possibly a UDFA but may go in 7.As a UDFA I would not hesitate and in 7,if nothing else better I would pull that trigger.I also like Leggett as a later TE.Celek won't be here forever :/

Thought Smith had a pretty good combine.

I'm thinking(always dangerous) 3 CB's,2 DE's a RB a WR and 1 whatever(TE maybe)