Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
greenpassion

Will the browns finally turn it around

28 posts in this topic

well, cleveland has been absolutely terrible for years upon years but they now have a very good opportunity to turn things around with a ton a early draft picks. i dont know exactly what they have but i think they have like two 1st, two 2nds just this year with 3 2nds next year in total i think its 22 picks over the next two drafts with most the extra picks coming in the early rounds. most fans seem to think they will just screw this up and i gotta say imo they are off to a terrible start if they pull the trigger on the deal with the pats for garropolo. i really dont understand why they want to do this with a guy that has a total of 2 starts and rumors are that NE is asking for a kings ransom

I'll believe it when I see it, not before. Like many before me have said, having extra picks just means extra chances to get the picks wrong.

1 person likes this

Thye can have all the picks in the world and still mess it up .  But that said there is a need for vet presence and I could see a mess as well . A lot of young guys newly wealthy and that can always spell trouble  

image.png

2 people like this

12 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I'll believe it when I see it, not before. Like many before me have said, having extra picks just means extra chances to get the picks wrong.

Right... which we've seen them do countless times.

1 person likes this

The Browns have talent. They haven't been able to put it all together. They fire the coach and move to a different system before they get any traction.

27 minutes ago, toolg said:

The Browns have talent. They haven't been able to put it all together. They fire the coach and move to a different system before they get any traction.

Which is the problem. You need to give the team and coaches at least a few years to rebuild, gel and weed out the guys who don't fit. Cleveland's front office will never have a winning team if they don't give these guys a chance.

At least the 49ers did it right by giving Lynch and Shanahan 6 year deals to right the ship.

wouldnt hold my breath

If there was ever a chance, the next 2 years is it. But they won't get a quarterback so what good is it really?

Until they start drafting quality I'm not going to start thinking anything! They've proven in the past that they are capable of making what others consider to be smart moves... But they are yet to back that up in the draft. Until they start doing that they can make all the "smart" moves they want, they aren't going to improve.

They have to prove they have a capable GM to find the right players and a capable coach to develop them.  Hue did some stupid things last year in the little I actually saw the Browns.

No.

Because the QBs are lame in this year's draft.

That team goes nowhere without a true franchise QB.

38 minutes ago, madriver said:

No.

Because the QBs are lame in this year's draft.

That team goes nowhere without a true franchise QB.

even if the browns had a god QB ... they would never give him time to develope 

1 person likes this

again, i dont get why they seem to be so infatuated with garropolo. there is just no way they can make that trade, basically letting the pats take them to the bank i mean im hearing not just one but multiple early rd picks. this for a guy with a total of 2 starts under the great coaching and team of the pats so we basically have no clue what this guy will be away from NE. desean watson is a guy they absolutely HAVE to draft, i dont see how they can pass on him. factor in the boatload of early picks they have the risk is minimal. they could draft him and build a very nice spporting cast around him with not just draft picks but they have money to basically bring any veteran they so choose and like somebody else mentioned that fact that your gonna have all these young guys running around with new found fortunes they will absolutely need some type of veteran presence 

Having all those picks is great but you still have to hit on them.

Didn't the Eagles have like 13 picks or something one year? How did that turn out?

8060afc95d8c7ffba0665b676ae65d44.gif

Posted (edited)

I think they do this time.

Hue Jackson is held in high regard around the league, if the owners can resist the urge to fire people left and right if they go 5-11 this year, I think these picks will start to pay off. Its about time they get their **** together. Those poor fans need it.

Edited by bumpy93

Still doubtful. And Hue Jackson is slightly overrated. I'll be quite tuned-in to what he does in this second season.

With a good couple of drafts and FA periods, they could be in the playoff discussion in a couple of years, but winning it all will probably need a really good QB to finish off the roster.

They still have a baseball guy that has a lot of say in personnel decisions so I'd say no, the will not.

They're going to trade out of the first overall pick to get a slew of middle round selections, watch. That'll be 2 years in a row they turn down bonafide talent in order to gamble on 2nd and 3rd rounders. And that's why they're the Browns.

On 3/20/2017 at 9:59 PM, boogyman said:

They still have a baseball guy that has a lot of say in personnel decisions so I'd say no, the will not.

The single biggest reason I have to doubt them right there.

4 hours ago, Havenless said:

They're going to trade out of the first overall pick to get a slew of middle round selections, watch. That'll be 2 years in a row they turn down bonafide talent in order to gamble on 2nd and 3rd rounders. And that's why they're the Browns.

I can easily see this happening.  Its also possible this is a selfish move by the GM by continuing to push back his evaluation.  He'll consistantly have another high draft pick to point to and can't be blamed for drafting a bust first overall if you don't draft first overall.

I don't see the current Browns winning anything for the moment, especially considering their jerseys.

The real Browns are the Ravens. Ozzie Newsome, who was formerly a GM for the old Browns, is the GM for the Ravens, and the Ravens have consistently field good to decent teams. 

The new Browns have been stuck in the gutter even since coming back to the NFL. Even though Cleveland rightfully deserved an NFL team an definitely deserved the Browns name, for much of it's time, that team has been a front office nightmare! AND THE JERSEYS DON'T HELP THE FANS PLIGHT ONE BIT!!!

These teams that trade for a number 2 QB that played well while the starter was out doesn't pan out well for them. The best way to find your franchise QB is to draft a QB and if he missesdraft another. With the depth of this draft I would stay out and grab as much talent as I could. Best player available is the best way to build a team. 

Teams continue to build through FA every year but it has proven to be risky. With the Browns cap space and picks the next two years you would think it they are in a great place to improve but that doesn't always happen. If they make the trade with Pats QB they give them more quality picks to improve and Cleveland would most likely loss again.