Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jordan629

Which notable player has the most forgettable stint on a team?

39 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

He was never with the Panthers, but he was with the Jaguars. He got cut on "Hard Knocks" (though it was called 'Jaguars Summer' or something like that, at the time).

Sorry, you are correct.

At least you know im doing these by memory :D

crazy that Hugh had such a dominant final season with the Eagles and then completely fell off of a cliff in Jacksonville. 

1 person likes this

LeCharles Bentley with the Eagles

<_<

2 people like this

The Eagles Dream team..

2 hours ago, Havenless said:

So I'll go with someone who actually did something notable with a team but no one really recalls, like Chiefs great Priest Holmes was a thousand yard rusher for Baltimore or that Darelle Revis probably makes Tampa Bay's all time team.

Going with that premise, I would nominate Mark Bavaro with the Eagles. Not only was he the only Giants player who came to the Eagles and didn't outright suck, he actually had a couple of good years here. But no one ever seems to remember that.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Going with that premise, I would nominate Mark Bavaro with the Eagles. Not only was he the only Giants player who came to the Eagles and didn't outright suck, he actually had a couple of good years here. But no one ever seems to remember that.

I can still hear Chris Berman saying 'Bubby to Bavaro!' during highlights.

How about Deion postponing his HOF eligibility for two seasons as the ravens nickel? 

Yeah.... Talking about how he got his "dog" back. :P

But he got them a few pick 6s. Now in Washington, he was only notable for his contract :lol:

1 person likes this

On 3/17/2017 at 8:54 PM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I would nominate Mark Bavaro with the Eagles. Not only was he the only Giants player who came to the Eagles and didn't outright suck, he actually had a couple of good years here. But no one ever seems to remember that.

I remember that. Guy was tough as nails . . . I recall watching him get tackled by one, two, three and then four guys and he never went down! He carried them all down the field for another 10 yards or so! And even after severe knee problems, (surgical repair including knee parts grafted onto his knee from a cadaver . . . icckk!)  which started in 1989, he still came back to play after getting cut by the Giants.

Side note: a year or so ago a guy comes in to pick up his car at my store. "What's the name?" I said.  "BAVARO."  was the answer. So I said, "Oh! Any relation?" Knowing that anyone with that name is gonna at least know who Mark Bavaro is! So he says, "Yeah, I'm a family member and I don't like talking about him in public. He's got 'issues' ." So I told him I was an Eagle fan that really respected him as a player and was glad to have him on my team for the last two years of his career. Then the guy says, "Well he really pissed off a lot of people by going to the Eagles. Lemme go I gotta get outta here." And that was that.

So now I'm left eternally wondering what 'issues' the guy was talking about.

True story. 

On 3/17/2017 at 5:54 PM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I remember his first year with us he had this amazing catch in a pre-season game on 3rd down and it kept the drive alive. Everyone was cheering and I said "well, that was a great catch but unfortunately to me he's always going to a Giant" and then everyone in my immediate vicinity got real quiet. he was a hell of TE though. Very clutch. Wish he was always an Eagle because he was really good. 

Eli Manning Chargers

Not really.

I'll say Hardy with the Cowboys. F him.

1 person likes this

No Cowboys fan mentioned Tony Dorsett with the Broncos?

Reggie White on the Panthers must be the most forgettable as I had completely forgotten about that before reading this thread.

1 person likes this

Wilbert Montgomery with the Lions.