Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Offense Building Toward Something Special

52 posts in this topic

Alshon Jeffery is a soft-spoken man, but don’t think he’s bashful about his abilities. Put him on the basketball court and, "I’ll find a way to score the ball.” Throw him a pass and "I’m gonna catch it.” Jeffery believes in himself ...

View the full article

The offense should be really good. Need to find that dynamic RB and we should be set.

2 people like this

The defense though looks to need some serious work. We know we need at least 2 CBs, one that can do well in the slot also, DE and possibly another LB. We will see what Wentz is made of in the shoot out type games. Lets see what the draft has in store.

2 people like this

STUD DE in the draft will make our CB's look much better. Pass rush hides or compensates for average/good CB's. Sherman looked bad against Julio Jones(everyone does) because no pass rush from Seattle. I love BG's motor but we need a guy that teams have to account for every time he's on the field. A stud DE matched with BG's pressure, then Fletch coming up the middle, can you say SACKTACULAR. <--- Corny I know, just so excited for FOOTBALL this year.
Although March Madness is my second FAV time of year. NOVA NATION baby, picking Villanova to repeat!!

1 person likes this

The offense should be really good. Need to find that dynamic RB and we should be set.

Keeping the quota Lubes. See you next article lol

3 people like this

Want to see Dallas Thomas push Vaitai for that RT spot. Maybe even swing T.

1 person likes this

nafloot I picked Kansas to win it all this year. We'll see? My bracket is pretty chalk heavy I have to admit.

I did pick Wilmington to take out Virginia,though. GOOD Start.

STUD DE in the draft will make our CB's look much better. Pass rush hides or compensates for average/good CB's. Sherman looked bad against Julio Jones(everyone does) because no pass rush from Seattle. I love BG's motor but we need a guy that teams have to account for every time he's on the field. A stud DE matched with BG's pressure, then Fletch coming up the middle, can you say SACKTACULAR. <--- Corny I know, just so excited for FOOTBALL this year.
Although March Madness is my second FAV time of year. NOVA NATION baby, picking Villanova to repeat!!

I got Louisville

1 person likes this

Knowing we like Tredavious White(who can be had late round 1) what would you do in this trade scenario? Trade firsts with Houston(we move down to pick 25) and pick up their 2nd and 4th(picks 57 and 130 respectively).That would give us 10 picks in this loaded draft(copied from last article)

I have to admit I love the thought of bringing in Big V as that sixth lineman. Either side. Brooks,Johnson and Vatai we are mauling you. Warmack,Peters and Vatai you will be squished. Big dudes coming at people.

I'd love to see them get Dan Skipper and develop him. That guy is a monster. Like 6'10". He looks more developed than King Dunlap did. Strengthen his upper body is the main complaint....that's doable. Being that tall he will always be susceptible to a Brandon Graham type rusher(low rush). Not too many of them though.

1 person likes this

Atlanta Falcons sign DT Dontari Poe to a one year 8 million contract with 2 mil in incentives. I thought this guy was older than 26.

Wrang you posted this last article Hey buddy, It wasn't Stribling who cost Michigan the win in the Orange bowl this year. It was Lewis who gave up the winning TD. You know me, I always look to see how players do in their toughest competition. Stribling had a better game than Lewis against Florida State. By his own admission Jourdon Lewis said he played the worst game of his career in that game. That game also put RB Cook over the top for me. Michigan had the second rated defense in the country last year and Cook rushed for 150 yards in that game.

My comment is Jourdan Lewis gave up his 2nd TD in his collegiate career in that game. 1 of just 7 passes completed against him all last season. 49 passes defensed over his career my biggest concern is the lack of interceptions when having your hands on so many balls. Not to even mention his speed and return ability. I will take a star player over a potential star player anyday. 

1 person likes this

Reach out and get Revis?
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2698191-darrelle-revis-charges-from-alleged-assault-dismissed-by-judge?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Wrang you posted this last article Hey buddy, It wasn't Stribling who cost Michigan the win in the Orange bowl this year. It was Lewis who gave up the winning TD. You know me, I always look to see how players do in their toughest competition. Stribling had a better game than Lewis against Florida State. By his own admission Jourdon Lewis said he played the worst game of his career in that game. That game also put RB Cook over the top for me. Michigan had the second rated defense in the country last year and Cook rushed for 150 yards in that game.

My comment is Jourdan Lewis gave up his 2nd TD in his collegiate career in that game. 1 of just 7 passes completed against him all last season. 49 passes defensed over his career my biggest concern is the lack of interceptions when having your hands on someone many balls 

I see Lewis as a nickel back at the next level and you don't waste a first round pick on a nickel back. Not saying we shouldn't draft the guy but not in the first round. I still believe Stribling will eventually be an outside starter in the NFL. Apparently Jim Harbaugh believes the same thing.

Just now, 1wrangler said:

I see Lewis as a nickel back at the next level and you don't waste a first round pick on a nickel back. Not saying we shouldn't draft the guy but not in the first round. I still believe Stribling will eventually be an outside starter in the NFL. Apparently Jim Harbaugh believes the same thing.

Jourdan Lewis won't go till at least the 2nd or probably 3rd or 4th since he was just arrested for domestic violence I want him as a slot corner that can bounce outside and cover speed receivers I wouldn't spend a 1st on him either Tre'Davious White or Gareon Conley yes I would.

Reach out and get Revis?
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2698191-darrelle-revis-charges-from-alleged-assault-dismissed-by-judge?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Revis wants to finish his career with the Steelers. Will probably give them a discount to do so.

My mock I have 3 CB in 1st 4 rds Tre'Davious White/Gareon Conley 1st Jordan Willis 2nd Sidney Jones 3rd Jourdan Lewis 4th Brian Hill 4th Ryan Glasgow 5th Travin Durel 6th Peter Kalambayi 7th

16 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Jourdan Lewis won't go till at least the 2nd or probably 3rd or 4th since he was just arrested for domestic violence I want him as a slot corner that can bounce outside and cover speed receivers I wouldn't spend a 1st on him either Tre'Davious White or Gareon Conley yes I would.

Speaking of interceptions. Stribling had 4 last year but the reason I like him is because he is tall enough at 6ft 2'' to cover the tall receivers in our division. He is great at press coverage and he was also a wide receiver that was converted to a CB. He knows the wide receiver routes. The kid has to put on a few more pounds. He weighs 187 at the present time but definitely worth a 4th or 5th round pick. If Lewis falls to the 4th round like you suggest he may than take both of them with our two 4th round picks and let them play together again. LOL

Rumors again. Adrian Pederson to the Panthers a possibility now along with the Packers and Raiders.

You guys that watch college a lot; give me the best 5 CBs in this draft in order. Then the best five OTs in order. Then the best five LBs. I love it that the Eagles are bringing in more talent on offense, but the defense.....uggggg. The cap is so tight with a very average roster up and down the line. This draft is CRUCIAL!
McCaffrey intrigues me a little bit. One of the NFL Network guys has him going to the Eagles at 14. I like it IF and only if he is the best available at that spot. To my knowledge this team is completely devoid of talent at CB. Both starters are gone. No young starting talent is on the roster. The defensive line has taken a good hit with 50% of the starters gone. This team might have to score 50 to win a game. Yikes!

The Eagles could probably "trade back" in the first round and still pick up Humphrey or King or T. White--but I'm not overly keen on White myself, since I have doubts about him working out as starter for 2017. It could also prove a risky move to make.

If the Eagles are still planning to find a CB in free agency, it looks like they'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point--since who's left now? So, I think they'll have to draft no fewer than 3-4 CBs in this years draft, in hopes that two of them work out as starters. In my opinion, they should draft 4 CBs (including Ashton Lampkin in the late rounds), just to be sure--because if they don't adequately solve this huge weakness, it will negatively impact their entire season.

In addition, obviously the Eagles can't "build something special" with their revamped offense, without a top #1 RB (or two) in the backfield. Nor can they fully rely on Sproles or RMatt to be their #1 in 2017 either, each for different reasons.

So again, if they don't manage to pick up a first rate #1 RB in free agency--with Eddie Lacy, Latavius Murray, etc. now gone--they'll have no choice but to take 2 or 3 RBs in the draft: in hopes that 1 rookie will work out as their #1 RB for 2017. As I've mentioned before, I think Perine or Mixon, and Connor +/or Cohen could get the job done. But Fournette or Cook and Perine (or Mixon) would be an even more exciting combination.

You guys that watch college a lot; give me the best 5 CBs in this draft in order. Then the best five OTs in order. Then the best five LBs. I love it that the Eagles are bringing in more talent on offense, but the defense.....uggggg. The cap is so tight with a very average roster up and down the line. This draft is CRUCIAL!
McCaffrey intrigues me a little bit. One of the NFL Network guys has him going to the Eagles at 14. I like it IF and only if he is the best available at that spot. To my knowledge this team is completely devoid of talent at CB. Both starters are gone. No young starting talent is on the roster. The defensive line has taken a good hit with 50% of the starters gone. This team might have to score 50 to win a game. Yikes!

Jalen Mills is there. Think he could be a solid slot corner. Good enough to cover no.2 outside as well.

1 person likes this