Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] What About The Defense In Offseason?

147 posts in this topic

Louisville broke my bracket already losing to Michigan :(

Fournette is a dozer runs guys over,Cook can do everything,although he fumbles too often.Either of those and we'd be set at RB for awhile without having to cough up dough in the next few years

Who would you compare Fournette too? Someone like an Earl Campbell? The Cook comparisons that I have read are sort of Marshall Faulk in nature but I actually believe Cook is faster than Faulk was. The skill set is the same though.

1 person likes this

So IMO pick 14 will be a tough call.Knowing the birds they will draft an unknown(sheesh)

If it wasn't a tough call then we wouldn't be having this much fun debating it. Added into the equation is Joe Douglas's first time in the draft barrel. LOL We can't even rely on previous drafts as a template. Go get um Joe!

1 person likes this

GBFL Okay, Lets make pick 14 a little easier to predict. All we need to do is come up with 14 guys that the Eagles feel are worthy of the pick minus any QB's or Safeties. I will start it off with the guys that I believe are worthy of the 14th pick in no specific order. 1.CB Lattimore, 2. TE O.J. Howard 3. DE Derek Barnett 4. WR Corey Davis 5. WR Williams 6. RB Cook 7. RB Fournette 8. LB Rueben Foster 9. DE Myles Garrett 10. OT Ramczyk

If teams take two QB's and two Safeties before the 14th pick like they are predicting then these 10 picks are all that is necessary. Give me one of these guys at pick 14. LOL

GBFL Okay, Lets make pick 14 a little easier to predict. All we need to do is come up with 14 guys that the Eagles feel are worthy of the pick minus any QB's or Safeties. I will start it off with the guys that I believe are worthy of the 14th pick in no specific order. 1.CB Lattimore, 2. TE O.J. Howard 3. DE Derek Barnett 4. WR Corey Davis 5. WR Williams 6. RB Cook 7. RB Fournette 8. LB Rueben Foster 9. DE Myles Garrett 10. OT Ramczyk

If teams take two QB's and two Safeties before the 14th pick like they are predicting then these 10 picks are all that is necessary. Give me one of these guys at pick 14. LOL

Why 14 guys? We can kinda figure the top 5-6 will be gone,then it gets interesting

Reddick? Peppers?

(Reddick-OLB Peppers-hybrid-whatever you want him to be or where he excels the best

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Like they wouldnt want to have a nice QB to groom????

Why would they trade up for that? Who between us and them need a QB

See you guys are still stuck on waiting for this player later round or can get this guy if we trade back. If there is a guy we want take him move up if you have to.

Eagles got too cute thinking Wilson would be there 3rd round just like a lot of posters are thinking x player WILL be there. When Eagles were sitting at 20 watched the 6 guys they had rated go before their eyes. Hes even stated Eagles are in a good spot at 14.

Like they wouldnt want to have a nice QB to groom????

Why would they trade up for that? Who between us and them need a QB

ok so there are ZERO players they need to improve on? Must be nice!

Philadelphia Eagles
CB Ron Brooks - Brooks will return as the team's nickel cornerback in 2017 after missing the final 10 games of last season with a torn right quad tendon. The Eagles missed Brooks in the slot, allowing 260.6 pass yards per game when he was out compared to 204.3 when he was in the lineup

1 person likes this

Philadelphia Eagles
CB Ron Brooks - Brooks will return as the team's nickel cornerback in 2017 after missing the final 10 games of last season with a torn right quad tendon. The Eagles missed Brooks in the slot, allowing 260.6 pass yards per game when he was out compared to 204.3 when he was in the lineup

Let's hope he can stay off the stretcher

10 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Philadelphia Eagles

So how long does it take for a quad tendon to heal before it is back to normal?

20 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  26 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Philadelphia Eagles

So how long does it take for a quad tendon to heal before it is back to normal?

Depends how badly it was hurt.Sometimes weeks,sometimes months.What they worry about is scar tissue

1 person likes this

So if he missed 10 games(plus recovery time).it was a pretty severe injury

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Didn't say that. But right now they don't have a starting QB I expect them to take the best QB available at 25 not a late round guy to groom.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Didn't say that. But right now they don't have a starting QB I expect them to take the best QB available at 25 not a late round guy to groom.

So they wouldnt trade up to 14 to get a better QB?

54 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

Can we just stay where we are at 14 take BPA or move up?? Why do we want to trade back for?? lol

23 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  56 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

Can we just stay where we are at 14 take BPA or move up?? Why do we want to trade back for?? lol

To get more picks in a DEEP draft(other than Oline)

27 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Nobody between us and them will draft a QB why would they need to trade up?

29 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I don't know man just saying it POSSIBLE sheesh It's not a LAW

29 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

And you know that for a fact? WOW you're good!!

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

I don't know man just saying it POSSIBLE sheesh It's not a LAW

It's an unrealistic trade partner that's like saying let trade with the Patriots and get their 2nd and their next 2 1st it's not gonna happen so look at realistic trade situations instead.

So NO possible way they would trade up to get Watson(Clemson) although he is ranked #16 overall by CBS-ok got it

So NO possible way they would trade up to get Watson(Clemson) although he is ranked #16 overall by CBS-ok got it

whatever