Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] 10 Players To Keep An Eye On In 2017

318 posts in this topic

No, we need to replenish the RB position and get guys some reps.Probably Sproles last year and who knows if we even keep RMat,who gets hurt alot.Why would you NOT take a RB?? This is what we have always done.Rather than get a "pipeline" going we just deplete a position then wonder why we cant win(aka Oline and Cb) The top teams cultivate next years players.We seem to have difficulty doing that.But now we have a staff in place,so maybe we can start the pipeline

1 person likes this

Marshall looked very good last year whenever given the opportunity. Smallwood was never healthy last year and still averaged the same 4.1yds/carry that Lesean MCoy did as a rookie. Both had better college careers than any back in this draft, and Wendell Turner's was better than them all. It would be foolish not to give all three of these guys the opportunity to develop their potential by drafting yet another RB.
I'm surprised you didn't mention C.J. Smith or Aaron Grymes.

I would hate to see us draft a RB in the 1st when we have way more pressing needs on defense, mainly CB. The only RB who I think is even worth 1st round consideration is Fournette. I think we can add a good RB prospect in the middle rounds of the draft, plenty of RB's I like that will be available 3rd round or later. Don't take another small-ish scatback like McCaffrey or Cook in the 1st. If we're just looking for a another versatile playmaker, I'd take Curtris Samuel. There's a RB who can play WR, maybe take the slot if we can't re-sign JMatt.

57 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

The Philadelphia Eagles are scouting every position possible heading into next month's NFL Draft, even the deepest unit on the roster.

According to Tony Pauline of NFL Draft Analyst, the Eagles were at Toledo's Pro Day Monday to scout tight end Michael Roberts. Philadelphia will hold a workout with Roberts in the coming days, along with the Arizona Cardinals and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Roberts was a force in the red zone for Toledo last season, scoring 16 touchdowns (sixth-most in the FBS) en route to All-MAC First Team honors. He had 45 catches for 533 yards.

You don't think every team does the same thing?

Of course I do! I just brought the article over for the fans to read. I didn't write it John.

2 people like this

everyone keeps talking RB ? what are the possibilities with Marshall or Watson? never really been tested.

I don't think everyone is talking running back as much as you think they are. Most are talking BPA at pick 14. If that player is judged as running back by Eagles management, then so be it.

2 people like this

17 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:
  18 hours ago, stine said:

No running back was drafted in the first round the last 20 years with as bad a performance as Cook had at the combine. Fournette almost had the same 40 time and weights 30 more pounds! Cooks Vertical of less than 10 feet and 3 cone drill of 7.27 is terrible..... I know I am in the minority here but do not want them to spend a first round pick on Cook....

No RB outside of the top 10% percentile.

No RB period. You could jump higher than he did. Maybe he did not care.....

LMAO! Stiney, old buddy You were rooting against the signing of Alshon Jeffery and the Eagles signed him. You should be rooting for a RB in the first round so the Eagles "don't" sign one!

1 person likes this

The Philadelphia Eagles are going to have a wide range of talented players to select with the 14th overall pick.

Pro Football Focus added another name to the list, having the Eagles select Stanford defensive end Solomon Thomas in its latest mock draft. Thomas is the No. 2 ranked defensive end by CBS Sports.

"Continuing to move up draft boards after a strong combine, Thomas will fit well in Philadelphia where he can use his outstanding run-stopping ability at defensive end before kicking inside to rush the passer," wrote PFF's Steve Palazzolo. "Thomas was the best run defender in college football last season, finishing at 92.0 overall and improving as a pass-rusher to rank seventh among the nation’s interior defensive linemen, at 86.5."

3 people like this

A few NFL changes were proposed in a series of meetings over the past few weeks, one of which was started by the Philadelphia Eagles.

According to an ESPN report, the Eagles sent a proposal to the NFL which would ban players from jumping over the line of scrimmage to block a field goal or extra point. Players can currently do it, if they don't make contact with an opposing player while jumping. Philadelphia is looking to ban this altogether, citing safety concerns.

13 hours ago, knittz66 said:

everyone keeps talking RB ? what are the possibilities with Marshall or Watson? never really been tested.

I don't think everyone is talking running back as much as you think they are. Most are talking BPA at pick 14. If that player is judged as running back by Eagles management, then so be it.

If Fournette is not there,then I could see this mock 1)Humphrey-CB(we need an immediate starter) 2)Basham-DE 3)Tomlinson-DT 4)Gallman- RB 4)Taywan taylor-WR 5)Kazee-CB 6)Dimick-DE 7)Cohen-RB

The Philadelphia Eagles had a myriad of drops in 2016, which led to the team's urge to improve the wide receiver position for quarterback Carson Wentz.

While drops vary on a number of websites, Jimmy Kempski of the Philly Voice has totaled the number of "reasonably catchable passes" Eagles receivers failed to haul in last season.

Based on Kempski's totals, Dorial Green-Beckham led the Eagles with 12 dropped passes in 2016. Green-Beckham had just 36 catches last season, while dropping 12 passes in the process, leading to an astonishing 25 percent of catchable passes dropped

1 person likes this

The Philadelphia Eagles had a myriad of drops in 2016, which led to the team's urge to improve the wide receiver position for quarterback Carson Wentz.

While drops vary on a number of websites, Jimmy Kempski of the Philly Voice has totaled the number of "reasonably catchable passes" Eagles receivers failed to haul in last season.

Based on Kempski's totals, Dorial Green-Beckham led the Eagles with 12 dropped passes in 2016. Green-Beckham had just 36 catches last season, while dropping 12 passes in the process, leading to an astonishing 25 percent of catchable passes dropped

Pathetic.AG not much better.Glad we got 2 good WR's in here and now these fools will have to fight for a roster spot lol

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

who knows if we even keep RMat,who gets hurt alot.

He's likely going to be cut, they a.) need to wait until he can pass a physical or b.) come to an injury settlement.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

who knows if we even keep RMat,who gets hurt alot.

He's likely going to be cut, they a.) need to wait until he can pass a physical or b.) come to an injury settlement.

Yeah I was explaining to someone who said RB is the least of his concerns.Add to that Sproles probable retirement and we are suddenly thin at RB.So to plan ahead for both those would be wise in my view

1 person likes this

I wouldn't take a RB in the 1st round. Eagles will more than likely take a RB, they wont not add to the group.

13 hours ago, knittz66 said:

Fournette I would take.Corey Davis I would love to have.if both are there tough call.If both are gone I believe we go CB(which we may do anyway) Whichever CB we choose first MUST be able to start even it it's a round 2 or 3 pick

I wouldn't take a RB in the 1st round. Eagles will more than likely take a RB, they wont not add to the group.

I would only consider Fournette.Caff is a great back,but not a 3 down workhorse.Cook-fumblerooski and off field issues are red flags IMO.if we wait,there are serviceable backs later,but I hope we DO add at least one

GBFL, did you watch any film on Fournette? Reason I am asking is I heard someone on the Radio this AM say he and another looked at 250 plays of Fournette and said he will end up being the biggest flop RB drafted. Said that every decent Defense he played against he showed zero. I do not know if he was any good or not. I am just repeating what he said. Of Course he also said Cook was the best of the bunch.....

Just now, stine said:

GBFL, did you watch any film on Fournette? Reason I am asking is I heard someone on the Radio this AM say he and another looked at 250 plays of Fournette and said he will end up being the biggest flop RB drafted. Said that every decent Defense he played against he showed zero. I do not know if he was any good or not. I am just repeating what he said. Of Course he also said Cook was the best of the bunch.....

Yes I saw some games.The drawback to him is his running style.He's a pounder and runs guys over which means a little more chance of injury at the NFL level,however I feel we need that short yardage,goal line type of style.Cook can do it all,but fubles quite a bit and his off field issues bother me as well.Caff-good back-versatile but not really a 3 down workhorse.Really did not see enough of Smalls to know what can do and the other 2 we have are basically question marks.Of course I am not privvy to info the FO has 

Apparently beast mode will come out of retirement IF he gets to play for the Raiders

6 minutes ago, stine said:

BTW I have zero clue how that person came to the conclusion he did zero against defenses.All I can think of is he chose the worst 250 plays to look at lol

1 person likes this

Here's a QUICK look.Of course this is a HIGHlight vid,but you decide

2 people like this

Probably right. I did not see any film on him so cannot say either way. Did not do much against Alabama, but who does lol....

Probably right. I did not see any film on him so cannot say either way. Did not do much against Alabama, but who does lol....

Remember too they had a nice pair of WR's,so maybe he wasn't as effective vs them(I didn't see that game)